Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kpd6901. Yes only things bought at gift shops or Darth's Mall will be sent front of the park or resort.
As for autographs, if you are not at the park early and go thru the whole getting a wristband/fp there's very little chance to get an autograph.
You might see the celebrity walking around from point A to point B they will have a VIP guest relations CM and some even Disney security...if you really want an autograph you could approach and ask for one with the possibility of them shooing you away (more the CM than the actual celebrity)
My daughter managed to get Mark Hamill fp and picture by stalking :D
We knew from which backstage area he would come out to go to the green room. There were adults stalking too. He only signed her stuff. Nothing like sending an innocent child..."Mr Hamill could you please sign this and can take a selfie?"
They also are told which guests are regular ebayers and told not to sing anything for them unless they make the early lines

Last edited:
I have tried to modify my FP's for May 16th and none of the SWW shows come up at all. When I tried to modify my Tier 1 (SotS) TSM didn't show up as an option either. Very confusing. I am afraid to cancel everything and rebook.

Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see anyone answer this. But the 15th and 16th are messed up in that Rebels is still marked Tier 1 and, at last check, all three shows were booked full.

TSMM won't show up as an option for SotS because it's now marked as Tier 2. To get TSMM you'll have to select New FP - it will tell you that your existing FPs will be cancelled and ask you to Confirm. Go ahead and Confirm because it won't actually drop them until you do the second confirmation (after you select your new choices). From here you'll be able to see your choices. If there are no SW shows listed, you can cancel out without losing your existing FP.

I would keep trying over the next couple weeks to see if something frees up. Though I would also add, it only gave me limited TSMM times around 7:30 for the 15th. I ended up taking GMR since the times conflicted with other plans and I already have TSMM for Sunday.

Hope this helps.

My daughter and I will try and grab two tables with 4 chairs each. There's a ledge where people can also sit. The area doesn't really get shoulder to shoulder but by 9:15 it is somewhat crowded. You can come by and see how crowded it is.

For those of you who will be there on Friday, the 15th, we're planning to watch from the same area. Not sure what time we'll get there - depends on Rebel Hanger.

For those of you who will be there on Friday, the 15th, we're planning to watch from the same area. Not sure what time we'll get there - depends on Rebel Hanger.
I might swing by. That day is character day so I won't be holding spot at 8pm but we will probably come by and say hello, if any DISers are there

I update actively the first day and continue to do so throughout the weekends as necessary.

Yes! I've seen @kennythepirate in action at the start of many SWW, MNSSHP, etc. And he is right on top of it.

When I discover something new those first days, I'll text to make sure he knows and 9 out of 10 times he's already gotten the info! You can count on him @Good Morning Dewdrop

We're doing MK Friday morning. We'll be at HS Friday afternoon through fireworks and Saturday RD throug lunch. Why do I feel like we're all going to have the same multiples...curse you General Mills!
We'll be there FYI for anyone who might be interested - Friday RD until noon/1 pm then back again around 4 pm; Saturday RD until 1 ish; Sunday afternoon - Guinea Pig weekend

Yes! I've seen @kennythepirate in action at the start of many SWW, MNSSHP, etc. And he is right on top of it.

When I discover something new those first days, I'll text to make sure he knows and 9 out of 10 times he's already gotten the info! You can count on him @Good Morning Dewdrop

I normally use his site on the computer (plan before I go) - will I be able to tell which SWW character times have been updated for 2015 on the app somehow - speak slowly I'm not all that technical (all of those genes went to my 2 brothers)

Yeah, you have 3 inches on me! **sob**
I think it'll still work! A slightly longer-ish tank!!

@kpd6901. Yes only things bought at gift shops or Darth's Mall will be sent front of the park or resort.
Ever had any issues with picking up at the front of the park? We usually have things sent to our room, but this is a short trip so likely won't have enough time...

Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see anyone answer this. But the 15th and 16th are messed up in that Rebels is still marked Tier 1 and, at last check, all three shows were booked full.

TSMM won't show up as an option for SotS because it's now marked as Tier 2. To get TSMM you'll have to select New FP - it will tell you that your existing FPs will be cancelled and ask you to Confirm. Go ahead and Confirm because it won't actually drop them until you do the second confirmation (after you select your new choices). From here you'll be able to see your choices. If there are no SW shows listed, you can cancel out without losing your existing FP.

I would keep trying over the next couple weeks to see if something frees up. Though I would also add, it only gave me limited TSMM times around 7:30 for the 15th. I ended up taking GMR since the times conflicted with other plans and I already have TSMM for Sunday.

Hope this helps.
Thank You!!

FYI, I just called Disney Dining and was able to change a party of 3 to a party of 4 for both Star Wars meals on May 22nd rather painlessly. I know there was talk of problems with fire capacity, but it there was no mention of a problem on my phone call.

Is anyone able to check for me to see if there are anymore SotS for May 16th available? I would feel better knowing there were FP's available before I cancelled mine to reschedule. Sorry for being a pita but I don't want to lose these FP's. My family is really excited to see the show

I think it'll still work! A slightly longer-ish tank!!

Ever had any issues with picking up at the front of the park? We usually have things sent to our room, but this is a short trip so likely won't have enough time...
to be able to pick up at the front of the park your purchase needs to be made at least 3 hours before park closing, so they have enough time to send it over. They will ask you, when you buy things, if you will be in the park for the next 3 hours. I've never had a problem. The only thing is that there might be a line at the end of the night to pick up merchandise
Is anyone able to check for me to see if there are anymore SotS for May 16th available? I would feel better knowing there were FP's available before I cancelled mine to reschedule. Sorry for being a pita but I don't want to lose these FP's. My family is really excited to see the show
Just checked, all the SWW shows say "fp distribution has ended. Rebels is still in Tier 1 for that day

to be able to pick up at the front of the park your purchase needs to be made at least 3 hours before park closing, so they have enough time to send it over. They will ask you, when you buy things, if you will be in the park for the next 3 hours. I've never had a problem. The only thing is that there might be a line at the end of the night to pick up merchandise

Just checked, all the SWW shows say "fp distribution has ended. Rebels is still in Tier 1 for that day
Thank you so much!!! I figured it would be gone 3 weeks out. I will just forget about TSM. We are planning another half day at HS later in the week.

Spread sheets I think will get there preliminary finalization later this week. Then on the 4th I think I'll head to HS for an afternoon.
If Luke is out for a meet&greet, can you please snap and post a photo? @jtowntoflorida and I are trying to determine who may be Luke's friend(s).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter