Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Good thing I checked! Would you say getting a spot between 10:30-10:45am is good enough? Not for a perfect view, but a good enough view.

good enough...all the shaded spots might be taken but you should find a spot in the sun

Disney just added a PM EMH to DHS for May 23rd. from 11pm to 1am
I guess they are expecting a lot of people
They also extended the hours for Epcot, now it's closing at 12 midnight

Disney just added a PM EMH to DHS for May 23rd. from 11pm to 1am I guess they are expecting a lot of people They also extended the hours for Epcot, now it's closing at 12 midnight
With the 24 hour party going in in magic kingdom that day they might want to help spread out the crowd by keeping other parks open later.

Thanks! I wasn't provided weekend 4 or 5 information yet.

All of the shows at Premiere Theater are available for fp+ and that's how we got all the showtimes
Also if you look on the WDW site under characters it says that Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Donald will meet inside Darth's Mall this year, so you might want to fix that as well

All of the shows at Premiere Theater are available for fp+ and that's how we got all the showtimes
Also if you look on the WDW site under characters it says that Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Donald will meet inside Darth's Mall this year, so you might want to fix that as well

I haven't changed it yet because Disney website is pretty unreliable source. Should be able to confirm locations for the characters in the next week.

He didn't make the cut. Only getting two new stage characters from the Rebels series, but they aren't meeting.

Probably showing up during Behind the Force, that's what they did with Ahsoka the first year, she wasn't meeting just appearing during the show

I agree with shocker. You can choose ToT for 9:00 a.m. or so and let it expire and then you are free to search for a Show Fp+ or a Tier 1 ride as soon as you ride Star Tours. You won't need a Fp+ for Muppets.

Thanks! Totally forgot about the possibility to get another FP+. I'll move Muppets to first thing in the morning and let it expire pretty much. We are not morning persons so we rather stay late, specially if there are evening EMH.

Kids are teens - DS17 (at travel time) and DS13. We've been there this past Xmas, so this is just a single purpose trip. Rides (other than ST) are optional.

If they only had FP+ for other character interactions it would be perfect.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks and found it very informative, so thanks everyone for that.

I had one question I'm still unclear on. For the characters that meet inside Darth's Mall, do you have to get into the Mall first before waiting in their line? Would that mean you'd have to wait in two lines, one for Darth's mall and then one for the characters? We'll be there the first weekend and wanted to meet some of the popular characters near opening, but heard the mall can also have a big wait then.

I am so grateful for this thread. :hug:
I'm not quite as grateful for a system that requires advanced planning but does not provide all information or options in advance...
I keep alternating between: so excited for my first SWW :banana:, worried that I have not planned the ultimate family vacation as is expected of Mom :( , and anxious that yet another wrench will be tossed into the plan when a new announcement is made and I'll have to juggle the sudoku-esque ADRs, FP+s, events... yet again! :scared1:
I need to accept that we can't do everything that we want to do, enjoy what we can, and just remain as chill as possible in the heat and crowds. :cool2: ...I think... :laughing:

hemmie - Kenny the Pirate posted how he watches the parade and then swings around to the Hat... it may work for you:

http://kennythepirate.com/2013/05/2...ars-weekends-parade-without-losing-your-mind/

This is a fantastic tip. I too have a Sci Fi Reservation I cannot get moved to an earlier time. Thanks so much for suggesting it!

If we decide to stand on the AIE steps as Kenny suggests, would we have to cross the road from Sci Fi to get there? ( Sci Fi is across from AIE, right?) Will the CMs allow us to cross the road or will they not allow that as they sometimes do during a parade? Is there another way to get around and over to AIE and stand on the steps as Kenny suggests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter