Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

We are going to SWW on May 31. We are at POP and are driving over to HS that day. If we leave about 6 and go to HS and get in line, what do you think the chances of getting in the 1st JTA show would be? Also, do they still let the kids in the first show march in the parade??

That all depends. When we signed up ds, we were the 2nd family through the turnstiles. From there, we stood right at the rope. Then when the rope dropped people were like animals and pushed and shoved to get ahead. Even running up the steps of Hollywood and Vine. My son was one of the last people signed up for the 2nd show. Other families at the rope with us, were even further behind us, because they didn't allow strollers in the queue and they had to park their strollers first.

Sorry if this has already been asked. There are so many pages! (I did try to search).
Will it be possible to see both symphony in the stars and the first fantasmic showing, or is that cutting it too close?

Sorry if this has already been asked. There are so many pages! (I did try to search). Will it be possible to see both symphony in the stars and the first fantasmic showing, or is that cutting it too close?

I'm thinking we're going to have to spend 2 days at HS (or at least 1.5 days) to get the SWW stuff in and the regular HS stuff (like Fantasmic).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This may have already been asked/answered, but I may have missed it. Where is the best place to watch the Symphony in the Stars fireworks show? We are arriving on 6/13 and that Friday is our only chance to see the fireworks show with all the other ADR's we have made. Want to make sure we can see it from a good location.

Sorry if this has already been asked. There are so many pages! (I did try to search).
Will it be possible to see both symphony in the stars and the first fantasmic showing, or is that cutting it too close?

This may have already been asked/answered, but I may have missed it. Where is the best place to watch the Symphony in the Stars fireworks show? We are arriving on 6/13 and that Friday is our only chance to see the fireworks show with all the other ADR's we have made. Want to make sure we can see it from a good location.

The fireworks are rumored to be going off at 9:45pm, the first Fantasmic! is at 9pm, depending on where you're seated it mightt ake anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to get onto Sunset Blvd. From there I'm not sure how good of a view it would be (never seen fireworks from Sunset Blvd.)

To have the fireworks centered with the hat I would suggest watching from Hollywood Blvd. anywhere from the tipboard down to the main entrance, don't stand to close to the Hat or you'll lose some of the fireworks.
I've also watched from Echo Lake and it's way easier to get a spot as many people try to cram into Hollywood Blvd

The fireworks are rumored to be going off at 9:45pm, the first Fantasmic! is at 9pm, depending on where you're seated it mightt ake anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to get onto Sunset Blvd. From there I'm not sure how good of a view it would be (never seen fireworks from Sunset Blvd.)

To have the fireworks centered with the hat I would suggest watching from Hollywood Blvd. anywhere from the tipboard down to the main entrance, don't stand to close to the Hat or you'll lose some of the fireworks.
I've also watched from Echo Lake and it's way easier to get a spot as many people try to cram into Hollywood Blvd

Thanks!!! This will definitely help me with planning!:thumbsup2

If we change our dates to June, we will be there that Friday the 13th too!!

Lol. We would be flying in a day or two before that. :-)

With the exception of R2D2, are their any other SWW characters that do not sign?

I think that's it...and R2MK of course
Not 100% sure that C3PO signs, my kids, when they were kids, weren't into autographs so we just took pictures.

If, based on the information on the first post, we are planning on getting to the park at 5am to get in line for autograph wrist bands, how do you know where to park? Does HS have parking attendants out that early? Also, I am assuming since it is that early, the only way to get to the park is to drive, correct?

I haven't read all the way through but getting there at 5am may not get it. Last year dropped DS & DD at 4:30 am in line for Ray Park. They did not get a FastPass but rather got Standby, the last two of the 12 people who got it for the second signing session. Therefore if you weren't there by 4:30 you were shut out completely. AND THIS WAS FRIDAY, can't imagine Sat or Sun.

Those in line in front of them then allowed many to join them just as wristbands were handed out. Not well executed at all. Once in the line to meet him, CMs were allowing folks to hand things over the ropes to him to sign. Besides totally and completely WRONG, it slowed all down. They weren't going to let the Standby meet him because he had to leave for parade or show. He was very nice and refused to leave until he took care of the few left standing there. DS said if he does it again he will arrive by 3:30-4am.

Certainly there has to be a better way :confused3

I haven't read all the way through but getting there at 5am may not get it. Last year dropped DS & DD at 4:30 am in line for Ray Park. They did not get a FastPass but rather got Standby, the last two of the 12 people who got it for the second signing session. Therefore if you weren't there by 4:30 you were shut out completely. AND THIS WAS FRIDAY, can't imagine Sat or Sun.

Those in line in front of them then allowed many to join them just as wristbands were handed out. Not well executed at all. Once in the line to meet him, CMs were allowing folks to hand things over the ropes to him to sign. Besides totally and completely WRONG, it slowed all down. They weren't going to let the Standby meet him because he had to leave for parade or show. He was very nice and refused to leave until he took care of the few left standing there. DS said if he does it again he will arrive by 3:30-4am.

Certainly there has to be a better way :confused3

Good Grief,

Maybe my son and I should just drive over at midnight and just sleep a couple hours in the car. :scared::crazy2: I don't think there is anyone I want to stand in line that long for... .however, my son is crazy over some star wars, this is the first year we have ever attended, and we will probably end up trying to get an autograph of someone. I guess I will have to get a nap the afternoon before.:sad2:

Good Grief, Maybe my son and I should just drive over at midnight and just sleep a couple hours in the car. :scared::crazy2: I don't think there is anyone I want to stand in line that long for... .however, my son is crazy over some star wars, this is the first year we have ever attended, and we will probably end up trying to get an autograph of someone. I guess I will have to get a nap the afternoon before.:sad2:
maybe easier to buy a stormtrooper outfit on ebay and distract your son then sign it yourself lol...hey presto a lie in that morning!

Last year as we were leaving the park after the second Fantasmic show, there were several people already camped out in different lines.

Good Grief,

Maybe my son and I should just drive over at midnight and just sleep a couple hours in the car. :scared::crazy2: I don't think there is anyone I want to stand in line that long for... .however, my son is crazy over some star wars, this is the first year we have ever attended, and we will probably end up trying to get an autograph of someone. I guess I will have to get a nap the afternoon before.:sad2:

It really depends on who you want to get an autograph from...Ray Park is very popular and he takes a long time talking to people so his line goes very slowly. The Cast Members give a number of fp depending on how fast the celeb signs/meet with people.
Just as an example for Ray Park maybe 40 fp per session are given because he takes his time with each person, as opposed to Peter Mayhew who signs very fast and doesn't chit chat, they may give up to 70 fp per session.,
Each session last an hour
We still don't know who is coming but if you get there by 5am I'm sure you'll be able to meet a celeb. Last year many people arriving around 6:30am still got fp for Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bullock, and others that have come a lot of times.
Just keep your eyes and ears open to the celeb list and then you'll be able to plan better

Good Grief,

He was very aggravated by the lack of control both inside and out. They had been on that concrete for hours then watched people just walk up in front of them to join family and be handed wristbands. They have security there all night so why not at a random time between 5 and 6 to quickly hand out the bands, you still have to stay in line for the FP but at least no one will know when and can't wander up or quick call their friends at home or in car to run up. You snooze you lose,

They stayed most the day, had a great time then headed over to MK around 5 pm for the 24 HOUR event to meet me already there. They lasted all night with me so they actually went over 28 hours no sleep! :crazy2:

Last year as we were leaving the park after the second Fantasmic show, there were several people already camped out in different lines.

Ok, that's just crazy!! I don't know that there'd be anyone I'd be willing to wait that long to see...

I think we'll avoid that craziness and just plan on getting some of the character autographs and pics and watching the special fireworks! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter