• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Thank you both so much! :blush: I had a ball making it for her and she had a lot of fun running around the park in it. Reizo I wish I would've seen your Anakin and pink padawan! Maybe this year we will see eachother and can say hello! :)

That'd be cool :) We'll look out for ya.

We went last year and had a great time. I made my (then) 18 month old daughter a Padme costume to wear to the park, and it was so fun interacting with other fans, especially other cosplaying ones. :)

Last year my wee one was still a little apprehensive of face characters so she was too frightened to get a great picture with Anakin (or she just heard about what he did to all those younglings :rotfl2: ) but, I'm hoping this year she will be much more excited to see him since she loves meeting characters now. :thumbsup2 I'm already plotting her a new costume!

Oh my gawds, that is too cute!!!!!

So excited we are officially on for the last weekend! I hoped it would sync up with my bday (June 13) but it's close enough. Arriving Thursday June 5 and leaving Tuesday June 10. Plane tickets booked last night. Just waiting to hear back from my CM friend what's open for our hotel. Probably Coronado. My boyfriend recently found out he got 3 extra vacation days that need to be used before June 30 so it just worked out perfectly. So very excited to be coming back for SWW!!!

Can anyone tell me the times for

Stormtrooper pre-show
Star Wars parade
Hyperspace hoopla

I'm looking at a Sunday if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!
:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me the times for

Stormtrooper pre-show
Star Wars parade
Hyperspace hoopla

I'm looking at a Sunday if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!
:goodvibes

A copy of the map from last year is on the first post of this thread
SW Parade was at 11am starts at the entrance ends at the hat
Hoopla is at 8pm at the Hat Stage
Stormtroopers Pre show is around 3:15pm before Stars of the Saga Q&A
The stormtroopers opening the park happens anywhere from 7:20am on, depending at what time management decides to open the park

Is anyone else going absolutely bonkers :sick: that they haven't even announced the host for this years SWW yet let alone any other celebrities?!

This is only my second year, but I get the feeling we should have heard something by now... it's only 104 days till the start of SWW.

Is this normal? (and I am not referring to my :hyper: state, but time frame)

Is anyone else going absolutely bonkers :sick: that they haven't even announced the host for this years SWW yet let alone any other celebrities?!

This is only my second year, but I get the feeling we should have heard something by now... it's only 104 days till the start of SWW.

Is this normal? (and I am not referring to my :hyper: state, but time frame)

You're not alone going bonkers but it's not unusual...last year was the first year they ever announced the celeb. hosts so early. They usually release the info on hosts around February and then the rest come around March...be patient my young padawan :yoda: :laughing:

Actually just found this from 2012; http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-weekends-2012-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
And this from 2011: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...guests-announced-for-star-wars-weekends-2011/

You're not alone going bonkers but it's not unusual...last year was the first year they ever announced the celeb. hosts so early. They usually release the info on hosts around February and then the rest come around March...be patient my young padawan :yoda: :laughing:

Actually just found this from 2012; http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-weekends-2012-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
And this from 2011: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...guests-announced-for-star-wars-weekends-2011/

So we were spoiled :guilty: last year with the hosts being announced so early.

Thanks for the quick response, but I have to say these pins and needles I am sitting on are killing me :lmao:

So we were spoiled :guilty: last year with the hosts being announced so early.

Thanks for the quick response, but I have to say these pins and needles I am sitting on are killing me :lmao:

I'm with you! Even though I just cemented the trip, now I want to know the celebs that will be there my weekend! In the past we have met Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, and Dee Bradley Baker. My boyfriend is a HUGE Boba Fett fan, so I'm crossing my fingers for Jeremy Bulloch!

I'm with you! Even though I just cemented the trip, now I want to know the celebs that will be there my weekend! In the past we have met Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, and Dee Bradley Baker. My boyfriend is a HUGE Boba Fett fan, so I'm crossing my fingers for Jeremy Bulloch!

That's us too! I wanna try to figure out what we're are doing when. I already have some ADRs scheduled and I wanna know if I need to do some shifting. :confused3

We met Jeremy Bulloch last year, he was really nice :angel: quiet but nice :) We also met Ray Parks who was a real treat, and Warrick Davis who was a real sport about my height, seeing as I am a 6 foot tall woman there was a huge difference!

My boyfriend is a HUGE Boba Fett fan, so I'm crossing my fingers for Jeremy Bulloch!

Last year he had his SWW appearance listed on his blog before it was officially announced. This year, his blog lists appearances through April.

Found more info on auditions for SWW:
"Star Wars look-alike performers for the roles Queen Amidala, Princess Leia, Zam Wessel, Shaak Ti, Aurra Sing, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, Darth Maul and Hans Solo may audition"
YAY!!! :banana: a Han Solo character finally during SWW...it doesn't say anything if it's for meet and greet or for Hyperspace Hoopla, but still pretty exciting :)
Auditions will be held on Feb. 26th

Hi, This is our first starwars weekend and I have a question. Can you take strollers into the character lines that are outside while waiting? Like Chewbacca or Mickey and gang. Just wondering so I don't do the wrong thing. I know I can't take it to sign up for jedi training.

Thanks
Tammy

From our trip last year....

Outside Characters- Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Chewie, all the others, we were definitely able to keep the stroller in line.

Premiere Theater- Stroller Parking outside just like the rest of the time

Darth's Maul- No strollers allowed

Found more info on auditions for SWW:
"Star Wars look-alike performers for the roles Queen Amidala, Princess Leia, Zam Wessel, Shaak Ti, Aurra Sing, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, Darth Maul and Hans Solo may audition"
YAY!!! :banana: a Han Solo character finally during SWW...it doesn't say anything if it's for meet and greet or for Hyperspace Hoopla, but still pretty exciting :)
Auditions will be held on Feb. 26th

Can anyone look as good as Harrison ford in a Han Solo outfit? oh that is going to be a toughy!!!!

All i have to say is wow - we go to disney often and have never been on SWW. Our son will be 7 when we go in May. I am subscribing to this thread for info. I thought we were experts on all things Disney but when it comes to SWW we are such newbies ;). We are headed to Fl on 5/14 -5/21. I think that is opening weekend. Any tips. We have a 2.5 year old with us too. TIA !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter