Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

We will be in wdw the third weekend of SWW. We r planning to park hop to DHS in the late afternoon/evening for SWW on Sunday June 1st. Would it be possible to visit any of the characters with starting that late in the day? My kids are not picky as to who they see. What strategy would you use? Thanks for your help?

The characters end m&g at 7. Lines for them get shut down earlier so the last guests go through around 7

We will be in wdw the third weekend of SWW. We r planning to park hop to DHS in the late afternoon/evening for SWW on Sunday June 1st. Would it be possible to visit any of the characters with starting that late in the day? My kids are not picky as to who they see. What strategy would you use? Thanks for your help?

Adding to Lovethattink if you're kids are not looking for anyone in particular you could try for the roaming characters around Backlot Tour (caution though they are the bad guys) Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, Gamorrean Guard, Greedo and Tuscan Raiders
Also there should be some stormtroopers patrolling that area.

I apologize in advance for going :offtopic:

I've been a little bummed that it's going to be several years before I can attend another Star Wars Weekend (living halfway around the world in Europe at the moment).

But now I'm really jazzed because I just got tickets for Star Trek Destination Germany in Frankfurt next weekend!

:teleport:

I'm one of those rare individuals who loves both Star Wars AND Star Trek instead of arguing about which one is better! :lmao:

I'll be getting my picture made with Captain Kirk... William Shatner! Plus getting his autograph.

Most of the cast from The Next Generation is also going to be there (Sadly, not Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes, but the rest of the main cast is attending) as well as several other big names from other Trek series and lots of "guest stars" as well.

Also getting to meet Karl Urban, who plays Dr. McCoy in the new movies (he was also in Lord of the Rings, Judge Dredd, Riddick, and Hercules/Xena).

Set phasers to fun!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ok... sorry for that disturbance in the force. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :yoda:

Sounds like fun, magicbob! I'm a fan of both too, but much more casual with Star Trek. I have the Her Universe hand shirt. Most people don't "get" it, but there's been a few who have.

I apologize in advance for going :offtopic:

I've been a little bummed that it's going to be several years before I can attend another Star Wars Weekend (living halfway around the world in Europe at the moment).

But now I'm really jazzed because I just got tickets for Star Trek Destination Germany in Frankfurt next weekend!

:teleport:

I'm one of those rare individuals who loves both Star Wars AND Star Trek instead of arguing about which one is better! :lmao:

I'll be getting my picture made with Captain Kirk... William Shatner! Plus getting his autograph.

Most of the cast from The Next Generation is also going to be there (Sadly, not Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes, but the rest of the main cast is attending) as well as several other big names from other Trek series and lots of "guest stars" as well.

Also getting to meet Karl Urban, who plays Dr. McCoy in the new movies (he was also in Lord of the Rings, Judge Dredd, Riddick, and Hercules/Xena).

Set phasers to fun!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ok... sorry for that disturbance in the force. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :yoda:

Have a great time!

Is this a crazy plan?

I'm not a huge SW fanatic, but do enjoy the films. I'm mainly going for three things: to get a shirt or something similar from the event for me and something for my best friend who is a SW fanatic, I'd like to meet Chewbacca and either Chip and Dale in their Ewok outfits or the actual Ewoks (or both), and to ride Tower of Terror (yes, it's not SW related, but it's my favorite ride there). I'm also only able to go the first Friday the weekends start. I'm thinking:

• get to gates around 7/7:30
  • head to Darth's Mall first and get that out of the way (mainly for my friend, he's requested a Donald SW figurine he says they do every year)
  • try and meet the few characters I want to meet
  • ride TOT
  • spend the rest of the day doing whatever/meeting characters/maybe one SW seminar if I can get in, 3pm ADR at Mama Melrose with Fantasmic package
  • Hyperspace Hoopla (probably from the big screen for easy exit hopefully)
  • Fantasmic (which if I miss it, no biggie, mainly doing the lunch cause it was the only ADR I could find for MM)

Functional plan? Insanity personified? I have no clue. Someone please guide the way for this padawan!

Is this a crazy plan?

I'm not a huge SW fanatic, but do enjoy the films. I'm mainly going for three things: to get a shirt or something similar from the event for me and something for my best friend who is a SW fanatic, I'd like to meet Chewbacca and either Chip and Dale in their Ewok outfits or the actual Ewoks (or both), and to ride Tower of Terror (yes, it's not SW related, but it's my favorite ride there). I'm also only able to go the first Friday the weekends start. I'm thinking:

• get to gates around 7/7:30
  • head to Darth's Mall first and get that out of the way (mainly for my friend, he's requested a Donald SW figurine he says they do every year)
  • try and meet the few characters I want to meet
  • ride TOT
  • spend the rest of the day doing whatever/meeting characters/maybe one SW seminar if I can get in, 3pm ADR at Mama Melrose with Fantasmic package
  • Hyperspace Hoopla (probably from the big screen for easy exit hopefully)
  • Fantasmic (which if I miss it, no biggie, mainly doing the lunch cause it was the only ADR I could find for MM)

Functional plan? Insanity personified? I have no clue. Someone please guide the way for this padawan!

I would leave the merchandise tent for the end of the day, or at least until after 3pm. The first Friday is the craziest day for merchandise since a lot of people go to get the limited edition stuff, they line up outside the park as early as the night before and there's a huge wait of up to 5 hours just to get inside the tent on that first Friday.
I would get there at 7- 7:30am go straight to the line for Chewbacca, jumnp over to Chip and Dale as Ewoks line (they are right across from Chewie), ride ToT, do whatever you want, eat lunch and then go to the merch. tent.
They also have some merchandise at Tatoinee Traders but that store will also be a big mess in the morning.

Or get in the merchandise queue outside the gate. Last year a cm daily walked the merchandise line to darths mall. I had friends who wanted vinylmations and other le merchandise that was released daily. They were in that line before the break of dawn.

I like to get there around 6:30pm, there are usually some tables and benches left. I'm not sure what time they closed last year but I remember them being open all the way to the start of Hoopla, I didn't check during or after Hoopla.

Thank you for this info. Just what I was hoping. DH likes the look of the menu and since we will just be hanging out I was hoping they would still be open. I was planning on getting there around six and getting dinner.

Tammy

Thank you for this info. Just what I was hoping. DH likes the look of the menu and since we will just be hanging out I was hoping they would still be open. I was planning on getting there around six and getting dinner.

Tammy

2 weeks before the first SWW I'll be able to know at what time all of the restaurants close, so I'll post it here

for those of youg etting magic bands I took some pictures yesterday of what's it being offered to decorate them:
Sleeves

Big Slider

Bandits

stupid me I forgot to look at the prices...I'll get back to you on that

Haven't read through all of the posts so forgive me if this has already been asked. Does anyone know if they'll have a FP+ option for the fireworks? Probably not, but a gal can wish:).

This will be my DS14 and my 4th time since it coincides with his school getting out for the summer. Gotta love getting out May 22:yay:. We get there about an hour before rope drop and enjoy watching everyone on the roof of the turnstile area roof surveying the crowd. So much fun!!!!

His favorite memory is happening upon Darth Maul's photo area and nobody being in line since Darth Maul was on a break. We jumped in line and waited about 15 minutes before he came out. Of course as he walked to the area he picked up followers like the Pied Piper and they got in line behind us. When he was ready for DS's he pointed at them and summoned them with his finger. He then sneered in their ears and tortured them for a minute or two before he snapped his cape and posed. It was hysterical for those of us watching, not so much for the kids:lmao:. They weren't scared, but very intimidated. You can see it all over their faces in the picture. Good times, good times!!!!

Haven't read through all of the posts so forgive me if this has already been asked. Does anyone know if they'll have a FP+ option for the fireworks? Probably not, but a gal can wish:).

This will be my DS14 and my 4th time since it coincides with his school getting out for the summer. Gotta love getting out May 22:yay:. We get there about an hour before rope drop and enjoy watching everyone on the roof of the turnstile area roof surveying the crowd. So much fun!!!!

His favorite memory is happening upon Darth Maul's photo area and nobody being in line since Darth Maul was on a break. We jumped in line and waited about 15 minutes before he came out. Of course as he walked to the area he picked up followers like the Pied Piper and they got in line behind us. When he was ready for DS's he pointed at them and summoned them with his finger. He then sneered in their ears and tortured them for a minute or two before he snapped his cape and posed. It was hysterical for those of us watching, not so much for the kids:lmao:. They weren't scared, but very intimidated. You can see it all over their faces in the picture. Good times, good times!!!!

N othing has been announced that's fp+ related. There is a strongpos sibility that the shows at Premiere Theater will offer FP+ but this hasn't been comfirmed.
Sad to say the stormtroopers on the roof of the entrance to DHS are no longer there, since last year they do a "rope drop" show near the tip board where 2 stormtroopers are riding vehicles, they hold everyone there while they do their skit and then let you in.
There's a lot of info on the first post of this thread.

for those of youg etting magic bands I took some pictures yesterday of what's it being offered to decorate them:
Sleeves

stupid me I forgot to look at the prices...I'll get back to you on that

FWIW, the small size of the star wars bands fit better than the large size, for both kids and adult bands, They are stretchy and stretch over the band.

I think the price was like $15.

This will be our first time going to DHS during Star Wars Weekends. We will be there during the first weekend. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. Thanks to this thread, I know that the park opens a little earlier during SWW (7:30am, right?). What attractions will be open at that time - everything?

2. What time will Jedi Training sign ups begin? As soon as the park opens or not until the 8am posted opening time?

Thanks!

limabeanmom2003 said:
This will be our first time going to DHS during Star Wars Weekends. We will be there during the first weekend. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. Thanks to this thread, I know that the park opens a little earlier during SWW (7:30am, right?). What attractions will be open at that time - everything?

2. What time will Jedi Training sign ups begin? As soon as the park opens or not until the 8am posted opening time?

Thanks!

1. Park opens earlier, around 7:30 to 7:45 this depends on the amount of people waiting outside the turnstiles. Usually TSM and ST are ready to go early while RnRC and ToT sometimes wait until 8am.
2. JTA sign ups are open as soon as the park opens, read the first post of this thread to see how the sign up works during sww

So glad I found this useful thread! In May I'll be visiting Disney World for the first time and during Star Wars Weekends! Technically I have been to DHS for the Last Tour to Endor party during Star Wars Celebration, but I didn't get to see much.

It's great to see fellow Rebel Legion and 501st members on here. I was tempted to sign up to march in the parade, but I don't really want to stand around sweating in costume (I'm not used to humidity) - plus I want to watch!

I'm trying to get my game plan together for SWW. I do like to collect, but I won't be there until the 3rd weekend. Will all the limited edition items be gone by then or do they hold some back for each weekend? Should I try to hit the shop first thing?

How crowded will Star Tours be? I'll probably get a FP+ for it, but may want to ride more than once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter