• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Vip for the parade means that they will have a spot set off for them where the parents of the jedi in parade stand. It's in direct sunlight. Do you know if part of their wish trip includes a guide for the park? When Trevor had his wish last year, he got a guide. MAW and the guide had his whole itinerary mapped out for the day.

Oh man. I was hoping it would be in the area where FtF is. That's what I guessed (to her) it might be.

No guide. We didn't get one on our trip. Once we got there, we were on our own. I think our friends had a CM at Universal take them under her wing but we didn't have that luck.

Our Wish Granter said anything at the parks was up to them as far as magic went. Now, my friends (who got lucky at Universal) also got to be in a parade at AK. We were told if it wasn't part of the original wish (we had no idea), it's a wish enhancement and nothing we thought of could be honored (including JTA).

I am hoping the Greedo meet and greet works out for them. I don't think they can get there at Rope Drop from GKTW.

Oh man. I was hoping it would be in the area where FtF is. That's what I guessed (to her) it might be.

No guide. We didn't get one on our trip. Once we got there, we were on our own. I think our friends had a CM at Universal take them under her wing but we didn't have that luck.

Our Wish Granter said anything at the parks was up to them as far as magic went. Now, my friends (who got lucky at Universal) also got to be in a parade at AK. We were told if it wasn't part of the original wish (we had no idea), it's a wish enhancement and nothing we thought of could be honored (including JTA).

I am hoping the Greedo meet and greet works out for them. I don't think they can get there at Rope Drop from GKTW.

I'd suggest that they arrive as early as they are able and still head over and ask about JTA.....the worst that can happen is they are told "sorry"....the best would be that someone notices they are MAW and some magic occurs. Remember, the CMs have a lot of latitude to make magic, but they need to know where the magic is needed.

Just be sure that EVERYONE in the party understands that magic is not guaranteed.....let it happen if it's supposed to.

I 90% sure I saw him a couple of times in the afternoon roaming around Darth's Mall/ Backlot Tour...And I have a photo with him last year...I'm sure any of the "handlers" would be able to give you an estimate on a time of when he might be out and about.

I'd suggest that they arrive as early as they are able and still head over and ask about JTA.....the worst that can happen is they are told "sorry"....the best would be that someone notices they are MAW and some magic occurs. Remember, the CMs have a lot of latitude to make magic, but they need to know where the magic is needed.

Absolutely. Our friends went on their Wish trip in April, and while they didn't have a park guide (lovethattink...I think you lucked out with an awesome Wish granter!) they did meet plenty of CMs who sprinkled extra pixie dust when they noticed our friend's son was a Wish kid, including arranging a private M&G with Jack Sparrow. I think if you can find a CM who isn't looking too harried/overwhelmed, you'll have some luck with both JTA and Greedo. Frankly, I'd suggest they head to the Padawan Mind Challenge signup area, if it's still open when they arrive at the park. When we were there last year, those CMs were the least overwhelmed and most friendly CMs we encountered, and I believe some management-type people linger around that area as well.

Good luck to your friend! I hope her son's wishes all come true!

Just FYI for those coming to the park to get the magicbands today- my boyfriend had his work twice with the special sound and color and then it stopped. We went to guest services and it's a known issue that is being worked on. Right now it is just like a normal band. Hopefully fixed by tomorrow but it will only do special things at DHS.

When Yulilin starts up SWW 2015 tips and tricks (you will be doing it again next year, won't you, :worship: pretty please Yulilin :worship: ) I know I'll be keeping tabs and I'll let you know how my Anaheim trip goes while I am at it :) The SWC 2015 is being held at the Anaheim Convention Center right across the street from Disneyland! So you know I have to pop in there... I haven't been to Disneyland since 1985, so it will be a BIG change when I see the new additions and the new park, well California Adventure isn't new except to me! :rotfl:

You are going to have so much FUN!!
I may open the 2015 thread around October

Swung by Darth Mall they still have the magic bands. Also the puzzles are on sale and the girls cut rebels shirt. Heading to Min and Bills to grab a table and wait for fireworks

Swung by Darth Mall they still have the magic bands. Also the puzzles are on sale and the girls cut rebels shirt. Heading to Min and Bills to grab a table and wait for fireworks

Yay! Thanks for the update! Did you happen to notice if any LE Jawa & Droid Vinylmations were left? Will be there tomorrow and hope to get a set....thanks!

Thank you SO much for all the info and tips. This is our second time attending a SWW and all the helpful info on this board, both the last year we went and this year, has been invaluable.
Even with the intermittent rain, we had a fantastic day and are expecting to have a great day tomorrow too.

Special thanks to whoever it was who posted photos of the fireworks from across the water outside the park (I looked back thru the thread but couldn't find the photo). We are staying in the Boardwalk with kids who don't really stay up late and wouldn't make it thru the crowds and crush of people in the park at night. Thanks to that lovely and helpful photo, we were able to leave our room at 9:30 and be in position on the sidewalk across the water from the park with a few minutes to spare. I had a youtube video of the fireworks cued up with the sound on high and pushed start as the fireworks began. It was, to quote my daughter, "Epic!". Zero crowds, amazing fireworks show, great music (care of a fan's youtube video) and back to the room in bed by 10:05. Perfection that I couldn't have planned without this thread.
:goodvibes

Yay! Thanks for the update! Did you happen to notice if any LE Jawa & Droid Vinylmations were left? Will be there tomorrow and hope to get a set....thanks!

I bought mine around 830 and they still had a bunch left, also Palpatine from last week. They were 30 for the jawa and droid.

Same for MBs, but I bet they sell out tomorrow.
I hope we get a blue R2D2 one soon!

I'd suggest that they arrive as early as they are able and still head over and ask about JTA.....the worst that can happen is they are told "sorry"....the best would be that someone notices they are MAW and some magic occurs. Remember, the CMs have a lot of latitude to make magic, but they need to know where the magic is needed. Just be sure that EVERYONE in the party understands that magic is not guaranteed.....let it happen if it's supposed to.

Very true. Thank you :)

I 90% sure I saw him a couple of times in the afternoon roaming around Darth's Mall/ Backlot Tour...And I have a photo with him last year...I'm sure any of the "handlers" would be able to give you an estimate on a time of when he might be out and about.

Ooh! I hope so!

Absolutely. Our friends went on their Wish trip in April, and while they didn't have a park guide (lovethattink...I think you lucked out with an awesome Wish granter!) they did meet plenty of CMs who sprinkled extra pixie dust when they noticed our friend's son was a Wish kid, including arranging a private M&G with Jack Sparrow. I think if you can find a CM who isn't looking too harried/overwhelmed, you'll have some luck with both JTA and Greedo. Frankly, I'd suggest they head to the Padawan Mind Challenge signup area, if it's still open when they arrive at the park. When we were there last year, those CMs were the least overwhelmed and most friendly CMs we encountered, and I believe some management-type people linger around that area as well. Good luck to your friend! I hope her son's wishes all come true!

Ah! I forgot to tell them about the PMC!! I did send her a link so I hope she read about it.

Thank you!

I know it helped that he had an awesome time at his send off party, thanks to some super 501st peeps :)

Can someone confirm later today whether the magic bands sell out. We will only be there tomorrow...and would like to get one if they are available. But I don't want to go stand in line just to find out they are gone. Any help is appreciated.

Can someone confirm later today whether the magic bands sell out. We will only be there tomorrow...and would like to get one if they are available. But I don't want to go stand in line just to find out they are gone. Any help is appreciated.

I'll check later today if they still have them

Heading to DHS around 10:30am. I'm wearing the black SW Rebels short and DD is wearing Her Universe Ewok shirt. We will be at backlot express after the parade for about 20 to 30 minutes
We have fp for Behind the Force, will do standby for Stars of the Saga and Obi Wan and Beyond

Heading to DHS around 10:30am. I'm wearing the black SW Rebels short and DD is wearing Her Universe Ewok shirt. We will be at backlot express after the parade for about 20 to 30 minutes
We have fp for Behind the Force, will do standby for Stars of the Saga and Obi Wan and Beyond

We have toy story fp that are good until 12:15om so I don't think we will be by today. Probably tomorrow! We are doing FtF today. About to head over to check in now.

Just read this weeks map
There will be a show at the Hat stage
A Conversation with Dave Filoni, hosted by JAT at 5pm. It will only be today
EDIT he tweeted yeaterday that he couldn't mske it :(

I have over 700 pictures even after throwing out out of focus and bad ones. And this is just on two days!.

How on earth am I going to fit these in a 20 page photobook?

su_A_ve said:
I have over 700 pictures even after throwing out out of focus and bad ones. And this is just on two days!.

How on earth am I going to fit these in a 20 page photobook?

Do or do not...there is no try
:D

Just came out of Stars of the Saga Clone Wars edition. What a great cast of people, they will def. be missed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter