Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Cool, thanks for that! Will make looking her up online much easier to have a name to begin with :) I figured she must be new if my son didn't know her lol. Is that a clone wars thing, or will they be in the new movie? My poor kids don't get to see clone wars yet, I'll need to buy DVDs or something at some point.

They will be in the Star Wars Rebels animated series. I know Clone Wars is available on Netflix, but may not be available to you?

So, for JTA we should get there 1hr before park opening? I was thinking sign my kids up for that then go wait in line for chewbacca or should I stand in line with the kids and my husband stand in line for chewbacca

lemonears6 said:
So, for JTA we should get there 1hr before park opening? I was thinking sign my kids up for that then go wait in line for chewbacca or should I stand in line with the kids and my husband stand in line for chewbacca

Be there at 7:15 at the latest, one takes the kids to jta and the other goes to Chewie....

Here's the video of the JTA sign up, we were one of the first people to go in thru the turnstiles, stood a little to the left of the Stormtrooper opening show. No strollers are allowed in the sign up area so if your kids are out of their strollers you will save time
Let me know if you have any additional questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Fbq4h5Oq0&edit=vd

That looks sooo much more orderly than the chaos we were in last year! Are they actually doing the signups inside the Indiana Jones stadium?

jtowntoflorida said:
That looks sooo much more orderly than the chaos we were in last year! Are they actually doing the signups inside the Indiana Jones stadium?

No they use the queue line....I thought it was better than last year as well, also plenty of managers on Hollywood Blvd reminding people not to run

Yes, all of your photos would be included with Memory Maker. Also, I think you get a few extra stock photos from the breakfast. It also includes ride photos, and any other photos you take in all of the parks, not just characters and Hollywood Studios. The borders are also available with Memory Maker.

Awesome!! Thank you! I plan on calling tomorrow and ordering it for the trip! :cool1:

Regarding the photos from the Star Wars breakfast. If you don't have MM, do you have to pay to download the photos like other photopass photos or are they yours for doing the breakfast?

These trip reports and first-hand accounts are so helpful. A big thank you to all who have provided such great tips. A few questions that I can't seem to find in the threads so far:

1. Any reports/pics on the Hollywood and Vine dinner? We have reservations there next Friday night for dinner, and I am wondering how much time to allow for eating/seeing all the characters.

2. Does anyone know if there are Star Wars t-shirts or clothing at Downtown Disney. We arrive Thursday (driving) and I would love a Star Wars themed shirt or something for myself to wear on Friday (have my kids outfits done). I do have a Disney Store in my city that I can go to tomorrow and pick up a large kids or small mens shirts (just called an no womens Star Wars shirts in stock). Was just wondering if Downtown Disney might have a special selection this time of year or not?

3. I gave up our Toy Story Mania Fast Pass+ tier one slot earlier this week for Stars of the Saga. Saw that the Obi Wan show was cancelled. Anybody know if Stars of the Saga show could be in jeopardy next week?? We have never been to SWW, so I am not even sure what it entails but thought it was the same host who just got ill.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide :goodvibes

suyama said:
Regarding the photos from the Star Wars breakfast. If you don't have MM, do you have to pay to download the photos like other photopass photos or are they yours for doing the breakfast?

You can download one photo from the Vader/ Fett meet . They will give you a photo pass card

After lurking for a while, I guess I never solidified this question:
Where does the parade start/end? I thought it was from the info booth (near turnstiles) to the hat down the main 'street', but DH is saying that its from info booth area to the Star Wars area.

Please help! I know that there is a sunny side and a shady side, so I guess just assumed it was the main 'street.

Thanks in advance.

These trip reports and first-hand accounts are so helpful. A big thank you to all who have provided such great tips. A few questions that I can't seem to find in the threads so far:

1. Any reports/pics on the Hollywood and Vine dinner? We have reservations there next Friday night for dinner, and I am wondering how much time to allow for eating/seeing all the characters.

2. Does anyone know if there are Star Wars t-shirts or clothing at Downtown Disney. We arrive Thursday (driving) and I would love a Star Wars themed shirt or something for myself to wear on Friday (have my kids outfits done). I do have a Disney Store in my city that I can go to tomorrow and pick up a large kids or small mens shirts (just called an no womens Star Wars shirts in stock). Was just wondering if Downtown Disney might have a special selection this time of year or not?

3. I gave up our Toy Story Mania Fast Pass+ tier one slot earlier this week for Stars of the Saga. Saw that the Obi Wan show was cancelled. Anybody know if Stars of the Saga show could be in jeopardy next week?? We have never been to SWW, so I am not even sure what it entails but thought it was the same host who just got ill.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide :goodvibes
Can't help you with number 1, sorry
2.- I think DTD has some SW shirts but just the normal ones, not SWW ones.
3.- James Arnold Taylor did the fireworks show last night after cancelling Obi Wan and Beyond. I think he was having problems with his voice and the Obi Wan show is very demanding. I don't think that Stars of the Saga would be cancelled.
After lurking for a while, I guess I never solidified this question:
Where does the parade start/end? I thought it was from the info booth (near turnstiles) to the hat down the main 'street', but DH is saying that its from info booth area to the Star Wars area.

Please help! I know that there is a sunny side and a shady side, so I guess just assumed it was the main 'street.

Thanks in advance.

Starts at the entrance and ends at the Hat...but the 501st and Rebel Legion march on and exit by Star Tours as they are not allowed to stay inside the park with their costumes on
The shady side is the left side on Hollywood Blvd as you face the Hat

weekend one is coming to a close and I'm ready for weekend II

Hi weekend II group....I'll be there Saturday and Sunday at Backlot Express after the parade (so around 12 noon) I try to get a table in the first room to your left as you enter (the sunroom). If anyone wants to meet I'll be there those 2 days.
Weekend II - May 23, 24, 25
yulilin3 (Sat. & Sun)
Delmar411 (Fri & Sat)
Mommy a Deux (Fri)
lovethattink (Fri, Sat, Sun)
emilyyvic (Sat)
Hayley/Hayden Mom
budafam (Sun - SciFi)
2goofykiddos (Sat)
Reizo (Sat)
aym4him (Fri, Sat, Sun - Feel the Force)
tigerbelly (Fri, Sun)
d-r (Sat, Sun)
juliebug1997 (Sat and Sun)
Jdis1015 (Sat)
LoveGrumpy (Sun)
Cadale (Friday)
KSL (Sat-Feel the Force & H&V Dinner)
twinsouvenirs (Fri, Sat, Sun)
yanks1417 (Fri, Sat)
Missyrose and Pixel Dust (Sat - Feel the Force, H&V; Sun - SciFi)
ajh88 (Fri morning)
Tasmen (Fri, Sat, Sun)
tink'smom2B (Fri)
ethanwa (Sat - Feel the Force)
andrniki (Sun)
drquest (Fri, Sat, Sun)
vital (Fri, Sat, Sun)
syntigger
LovesPineappleFloats (Fri - Feel the Force, Sat, Sun, Tues - SciFi)
hemmie (Fri)
PiperGirlInWondrland (Sat) 5/22 - SciFi
lotus1197 (Sat) 5/22 SciFi
drlaurafsu (Fri & Sun)
Phelpsie70 (Fri - SciFi, Feel the Force)
katt789 (Sun)
kennythepirate (Fri,Sat, Sun)
icecoldpenguin (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Sundancer UK (Fri)

Is it possible to get kids signed up for JTA and make it to an 8:00 am adr at Sci-Fi? Any tips to help make it happen?

Is it possible to get kids signed up for JTA and make it to an 8:00 am adr at Sci-Fi? Any tips to help make it happen?

With an 8:00 SciFi that's pretty tight. You may want to do JTA on another day... a regular park day is much easier to sign up for a session than on a SWW... did you watch yulilin's video?

You can download one photo from the Vader/ Fett meet . They will give you a photo pass card

Do you know if they only put one photo on the website?

They tools lots but I'm home now and there's only one photo. I will be upset if we don't get to choose our one photo. Is there anyway to find out where the other photos are so we can choose the one we want?

Do you know if they only put one photo on the website? They tools lots but I'm home now and there's only one photo. I will be upset if we don't get to choose our one photo. Is there anyway to find out where the other photos are so we can choose the one we want?

It's only one photo but you have 3 options for borders from what I have seen posted online and on Kenny the Pirate's site.

I did watch the video. How long does it take to fill all spots on a SWW day? Does Darth Maul fight the kids on the ground? The boys have done JTA on both coasts but have never faced Darth Maul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter