Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Thanks maybe the end of the night is another good option. That age is 7. The only reason I know this is because they started enforcing it last year and they wouldn't let him ride with his 8 year old brother on TSMM when he was 6 and told us he had to ride with an adult until he was 7. Just wasn't sure if it would be "appropriate" to do in a single rider line or if anyone has experience with kids and SR line.

My nephew was 8 when we tried the SR line, and he panicked when we were assigned our rows. Fortunately we were next to each other, and the person I was assigned to go with was a dad and quickly realized what was happening and swapped places with him. I would never try it again at that young age, we got lucky with how it played out and I wouldn't bank on that happening again! I would have exited with him if we couldn't have swapped.

Depending on the time of you FPs, hopefully you could get a 4th at RnR for later in the day! Otherwise later in the night is your best bet if you can't do RD.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm kind of excited that this thread is slowing down...its like the calm before the storm :rotfl2:

Everyone has their plans in place, now we just need to adventure forth.

I leave on Thursday and I might take some moments while standing in lines on Friday to post to this thread.

Makes it easier to catch up for a few days. Don't know what I'll do this weekend. I'll be glued to my computer on Friday!! LOL

21 more sleeps till we leave for the World!!

Do people come in costume who are not parade participants?

Yes. Some can get very clever. Also there have been more than a few strollers covered to mini Land Speeders and X-Wing fighters.

We will probably bring our stroller even though my 2 youngest are 7 & 9, but my 9 year old was born with Down syndrome and she gets tired a little easier than most because of her low muscle tone. She probably could make it, but if the weather is hot it'd be safer with the stroller. As much as I'd love to decorate it, the SWW part of the trip is a surprise for my 2 boys. So if I made decorations for it I'd have to explain why I'm decorating it and ruin the surprise. Its bad enough they know we're going to Disney in 2 weeks, let alone that one day is dedicated to Star Wars.

I'm in the process of finding myself a new Star Wars shirt to buy for the trip. I have 3 right now, but I've gained a bit to much weight over the last few months and they're a little more snug than I'd like. One is a shirt that makes my front look like Chewy (I wear it on Halloween :) ), another just says Star Wars and the 3rd I bought last year at the Stand Up to Cancer web site when they had limited time Star Wars Angry Birds shirts. Its pretty cool, it says Rebel Against Cancer with a bunch of the Star Wars Angry Birds characters.

Those sound so cool! We are here now and did bring our costumes to wear on Saturday. My daughter and I have shmi skywalker and leia endor celebration. We like to costume together. Can't wait

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm kind of excited that this thread is slowing down...its like the calm before the storm :rotfl2:

Everyone has their plans in place, now we just need to adventure forth.

I leave on Thursday and I might take some moments while standing in lines on Friday to post to this thread.

I feel ya. When doing hurricane preparations in New Orleans, we have the same thing. Just waiting for the storm to come on in. Looking forward to teh flood of intel from this weekend.

Do people come in costume who are not parade participants?

Plenty of people come in costume and it is a blast. However, the Rebel and 501st Legions should not be in costume outside of the parade. It is an issue with us being guests of Disney and having permission to do what we do for them.

Ash

Good Morning! Just want to say hi and thank everyone for all of their information it's so helpful! I can hardly wait for SWW to arrive and for posts and pics to start rolling in!

Perhaps this has been answered, but if the park closes for capacity and you have FP+ for a SW show or dinner reservations, can you still get in?
I am concerned about the Mark Hamill weekend.
Thanks!!

Perhaps this has been answered, but if the park closes for capacity and you have FP+ for a SW show or dinner reservations, can you still get in?
I am concerned about the Mark Hamill weekend.
Thanks!!
You can only go in if you have a dinning reservation not an attraction/show reservation. Here's the description of the closure stages

Phase 1 Park Closing
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.
Phase 2 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
Guests re-entering the park
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets
Phase 3 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Phase 4 Park Closing
Closed to all guests.

Morning...

So last SWW we've been to was in early May 2000. DS16 and DS13 have pretty full autograph books from all these years but I don't think they'll have enough pages for hopefully most of the characters we want to get.

So, do they sell SWW autograph books? If not, I can easily get something made or purchased ahead of time.

TIA!

Morning... So last SWW we've been to was in early May 2000. DS16 and DS13 have pretty full autograph books from all these years but I don't think they'll have enough pages for hopefully most of the characters we want to get. So, do they sell SWW autograph books? If not, I can easily get something made or purchased ahead of time. TIA!

Disney Store had SW autograph books on May 4th - there was a Chewie one and someone posted a pic of it on the first SWW thread.

Morning...

So last SWW we've been to was in early May 2000. DS16 and DS13 have pretty full autograph books from all these years but I don't think they'll have enough pages for hopefully most of the characters we want to get.

So, do they sell SWW autograph books? If not, I can easily get something made or purchased ahead of time.

TIA!

last year they sold sw autograph books at Darth's Mall, you can also find Chewbacca autograph books at your local Disney Store

Morning...

TIA!

Another option would be what I did for my DD last year. I used Sharpies to make her a SWW tee and we had the characters autograph that. I used those black binder clips (like 8 of them) and clipped it to a very sturdy square of cardboard. It fit easily in our backpack and the characters though it was cool too. Check out how big Darth Vader's siggy is compared to the others. :lmao:

Nkq9cJbWywQnrklPktlXkClI5NZIxbBMUZLqVjgCPEw=s192-p-no

Ok Star Wars Peeps..I need some help on finding a Star Wars Women's Tank. I've looked on Amazon, Junk Food Etc. and none are catching my eyes. When I just google the tanks, most of the women's ones are the "Costume" Tanks..R2D2..Chewie,etc. Any websites that you may suggest? I obviously prefer a tank top, but a cute Tee is fine too. Ideally, I would Love something with Yoda or the Stormtroopers since they are my favs ::yes::

thanks to Yulilin3 link I ordered this one
http://www.heruniverse.com/apparel/tank-tops/good-guys-racer-tank.html

keeping an eye out for the official map for weekend I, they haven't updated anything :confused3 as soon as I have it I'll post it
Special events cast members are being trained tomorrow for this event so I'm wondering if they'll release the map tomorrow.
just a couple of days away :cool1:

Yay, SWW thread #2 - Thanks yulilin!

We'll be there with the crowds on Memorial day weekend. My son is so excited that I managed to snag a 9am breakfast on Memorial Day at SciFi - the perfect cap to the weekend... before we spend the rest of the day in the pool recovering from Saturday & Sunday.

How long does the photo portion of D Tech me take. Is it as quick as a regular photo or do you have to sit still for a certain period if time while they scan your face? I signed the 3 of us up for it without considering that aspect of it. My son has autism and he is great about taking pictures but sitting perfectly still for more than a few seconds without fidgeting could be tough. Thanks

That is the same tank I just ordered!!!!:thumbsup2 Thank you Yulilin3 for the website!

:cool1: yes, thank you Yulilin3!
I think Ashley Eckstein should give me a commision, I love all of her stuff and between my daughter and myself own a lot of her merchandise.

Yay, SWW thread #2 - Thanks yulilin!

We'll be there with the crowds on Memorial day weekend. My son is so excited that I managed to snag a 9am breakfast on Memorial Day at SciFi - the perfect cap to the weekend... before we spend the rest of the day in the pool recovering from Saturday & Sunday.
Cool that you were able to grab a breakfast ressie.
Does anyone know if they still do the X-Wing Photo Op As shown in post #8?!
That is so cool!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51423877#post51423877
I believe that was the only year they did that one :(
How long does the photo portion of D Tech me take. Is it as quick as a regular photo or do you have to sit still for a certain period if time while they scan your face? I signed the 3 of us up for it without considering that aspect of it. My son has autism and he is great about taking pictures but sitting perfectly still for more than a few seconds without fidgeting could be tough. Thanks

I believe you have to sit still for about a minute, as they scan your entire face a couple of times...let me try and find more info on it
EDIT: someone asked if it was Ok for a 2 year old to do on the Disney Parks Blog and here's the answer from Steven Miller:
The experience is really designed for Guests ages 3 and up. We can try with your son who will almost be three years old. It will depend if he is able to sit still for a few moments to get an image, and if you are happy with the captured image

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter