Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
so excited :hyper: trying to nap before the 2 hour :drive: how is the weather over there? it is pouring here.. not looking forward to wet concrete!

Can anyone comment on how this years' SWW compares to in the past? We had a good time but were expecting a bit more? There didn't seem to be that many characters roaming around, no Storm Troopers in top of the main entrance and not much Star Wars around the park besides near Star Tours and Darth's Mall.
Also, understand the fast pass to get autographs for the celebrities however around 5pm some of the lines around echo lake were very short and it didn't seem they were allowing any walk ups..

Thanks!

Can anyone comment on how this years' SWW compares to in the past? We had a good time but were expecting a bit more? There didn't seem to be that many characters roaming around, no Storm Troopers in top of the main entrance and not much Star Wars around the park besides near Star Tours and Darth's Mall.
Also, understand the fast pass to get autographs for the celebrities however around 5pm some of the lines around echo lake were very short and it didn't seem they were allowing any walk ups..

Thanks!

They moved the storm trooper show to INSIDE the park - by the tip board...they were there at park opening....

Thanks!

They moved the stormtroopers off the roof this year. Never heard why. They hung out on their elevated platforms/stage on Hollywood Blvd for awhile in the morning. On the main stage, throughout the day, different characters would come out, we caught Boba Fett early one day.

The roaming characters tend to be more plentiful after noon. One day, as we walked from Muppets to Toy Story, I felt like we were in a Star Wars movie! We saw Jawas, stormtroopers, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, and a Gamorrean Guard.

The autograph lines could be deceiving because they space the fast passes out about every 15-20 minutes, so you may only see 10 people in line but within 15 minutes there will be another 15 or so showing up, KWIM? It isn't as straightforward as the number if people you see are the only ones waiting.

I had just as much, if not more fun this year as in years past. Mostly because I feel like we get better at planning every year. We also did all of the shows for the first time and really enjoyed all if them. There were a couple if times I sat near Vaders meet and greet just listening to the music and soaking up atmosphere. Hope you still had fun!

Thank you for the photopass hope! I think we can pinpoint it pretty well - I took a picture with my camera at 9:29am and I think that is fairly accurate based on my posts here that say we were in line and the ewok had come out!

How many people were between us? 2-3 families? We were one of the first with Logray. Maybe 2-3 families ahead of us? I'm trying to narrow down our time.

I just sent in the missing photos request on the photopass website.

How many people were between us? 2-3 families? We were one of the first with Logray. Maybe 2-3 families ahead of us? I'm trying to narrow down our time.

I just sent in the missing photos request on the photopass website.

I don't think there was more than 2 between us...i know there was at least the one family that i was sharing kenny the pirate with but not sure who else...if you look back at this thread for that morning you can find posts when they say that logray came out so that helps bound it for sure! Good luck!

I don't think there was more than 2 between us...i know there was at least the one family that i was sharing kenny the pirate with but not sure who else...if you look back at this thread for that morning you can find posts when they say that logray came out so that helps bound it for sure! Good luck!

at 9:17am Niclodn posted the ewok was out and at 9:29 I posted "Logray!"

Our pics where between that time - ~9:20 ???

I'm mostly frustrated because I have to wait to order our photo cd! LOL

They moved the stormtroopers off the roof this year. Never heard why. They hung out on their elevated platforms/stage on Hollywood Blvd for awhile in the morning. On the main stage, throughout the day, different characters would come out, we caught Boba Fett early one day.

They told me it was a safety/security issue. I believe they felt the stormtroopers were too vulnerable outside the gates of DHS.

The roaming characters tend to be more plentiful after noon. One day, as we walked from Muppets to Toy Story, I felt like we were in a Star Wars movie! We saw Jawas, stormtroopers, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, and a Gamorrean Guard.

The autograph lines could be deceiving because they space the fast passes out about every 15-20 minutes, so you may only see 10 people in line but within 15 minutes there will be another 15 or so showing up, KWIM? It isn't as straightforward as the number if people you see are the only ones waiting.

They'd call us from the stone wall the appropriate time slots and those would get in line.

I had just as much, if not more fun this year as in years past. Mostly because I feel like we get better at planning every year. We also did all of the shows for the first time and really enjoyed all if them. There were a couple if times I sat near Vaders meet and greet just listening to the music and soaking up atmosphere. Hope you still had fun!

It will be interesting to see what will happen next year now that Clone Wars is finished and the new series is not out on regular cable but on Disney's paid subscription- XD. Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, etc. I asked Ashley Eckstein her thoughts and she said she's basically going with the flow and will see what happens. She thinks though with Dave Filoni in the new series maybe the old crew will be in it for the most part, but she's speculating. I for one don't think I'll be paying for more cable just to see/have Disney XD.

When I was missing some pics I posted to them my pics from my camera. They were able to compare a lot faster and made it easier for them to find the pics. Check also the timedate on your personal pics if the times were accurate; that will help them also.

It will be interesting to see what will happen next year now that Clone Wars is finished and the new series is not out on regular cable but on Disney's paid subscription- XD. Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, etc. I asked Ashley Eckstein her thoughts and she said she's basically going with the flow and will see what happens. She thinks though with Dave Filoni in the new series maybe the old crew will be in it for the most part, but she's speculating. I for one don't think I'll be paying for more cable just to see/have Disney XD.

I'm really holding out for another year of Clone Wars and maybe Rebels preview. I would be so bummed if Ashley and James aren't there. It isn't like Clone Wars ceases to exist, the characters will always be part of the story. I'm thankful we have XD in our cable package already. ;)

I'm really holding out for another year of Clone Wars and maybe Rebels preview. I would be so bummed if Ashley and James aren't there. It isn't like Clone Wars ceases to exist, the characters will always be part of the story. I'm thankful we have XD in our cable package already. ;)

I'm also holding out for this to happen as well, I don't imagine the Clone Wars characters being replaced next year, not until Rebels comes out at least. I can see Ashley coming back next year to promote, Her Universe, and I really hope they have JAT back. He's a great host and I love love love, Obi-Wan and Beyond. (But I'm still here really hoping Ahsoka is a character in Rebels.)

I think that is a good guess! Probably 9:20-9:23 timeframe....I think we were about 9:28-9:31 or so!

When I was missing some pics I posted to them my pics from my camera. They were able to compare a lot faster and made it easier for them to find the pics. Check also the timedate on your personal pics if the times were accurate; that will help them also.

I was able to upload a picture from earlier that morning to send them for comparison. I didn't take any personal pics of Chewy :(

We are taking it easy today. I almost passed out yesterday. My vision started to go black and my legs became like wet noodles. I plopped on the ground and just sat there and drank a ton of water and used my sons hand held airconditioner. Starting this morning with power aid and lots of water before we get there. Please don't flow on my footsteps. Stay hydrated and cool.

It's warm but dry. I already chugged half a bottle. Say hi if ypu see me I'm in a gray tank disney bag. Star wars bow. Lgmh on bag w tigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter