Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dikran said:
Can anybody tell me if the Jabba vinylmation is still available?

Saw it this morning, bout not sure many left.....
in line for stars of the saga and I have a question.... why people don't use deodorant???

Saw it this morning, bout not sure many left.....
in line for stars of the saga and I have a question.... why people don't use deodorant???

They probably sweated it off��

Nodded off in one man's dream. The air condition felt soo good.

Hanging around backlot express with ice water waiting for our 3:25 FP w/ witwer. Kids had fun doing the angry birds launcher in darth mall. Do it early; the prizes ran out by late afternoon last time.

Uh, my sister and her kids saw him yesterday and said how he made small talk and really tried talking to her son about if he was enjoying his day.

My husband saw him yesterday and he was super friendly to him as well. I wonder if they told him he had to crank through more people in a shorter time today?

Okay - it's a week past my trip and I still can't stop thinking about the awesome Darth Vader cupcake I ate last week!!! It was soooooo good!! Anyone else considering a switch of allegiance to e cupcake version of lord Vader like I am????

Also - putting out a request for help and FYI - on Saturday May 25th around 9:30 we had pictures taken with Chewbacca. So far the person behind me in line and 2 people in front of me and us do not have those pictures on our PhotoPass....if you were in line with us that morning and have any info to help PhotoPass find them - please share!!!!! I know there were a few dissers in that line when Ewok Logray first came out! The person behind me on line told me on Monday that they had already spent quite while with Disney at the parks trying to find the with no luck....

Thanks!!!!

I chatted with Sam a bit but we've met before and I've interviewed him. But he definitely was working faster than Ashley... :)

Totally photo bombed Vader during our shoot. Cast members had to clear the sign my kids held up. Had to leave Ashley before we got anything from her but handed off my little one's present to her: "Death Star Plans" (in actuality a copy of my dad's work prints from the steel work designs of Spaceship Earth). Also left her my business card so that maybe she can holler back if she gets the chance. Waiting inside ABC sound with her right now for Jedi Training.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't understand their problem with letting people go past you to see the characters so you can wait for the next set. They do this all the time in lines to call forward parties of 2 or 3 to fill in rides. They create this problem themselves by switching out characters in the same line.

And they are so inconsistent. When Comm Cody was out the CM kept saying the switch to Capt Rex was imminent. A few parties behind us were really wanting to see Cody and DGrD didn't care which one she saw again this year. So we and the family in front of us at the head of the line kept letting families go to Cody. The CM had no prob whatsoever - and Rex was a bit late coming out, so everyone was happy. We were the ones making the choice and we were the ones waiting longer, not anyone else in line.

I just don't get what their prob is as long as the people in line are happy.
Doesn't cut down on the line because you just have to get back in line anyway.:confused3 I think some of the CMs just power trip - or maybe they have been given 'rules' and are afraid to get caught breaking them.

I agree. We've been trying to find anakin all day and no cm will tell us when he's out. So annoying

The line for Sam Witwer is not being controlled like the others, which wad good for us.... they already started taking standby and not calling numbers just if you had a standby you could go right in... my Daughert talked to him about his favorite Disney park and rides, he was very nice.

Also - putting out a request for help and FYI - on Saturday May 25th around 9:30 we had pictures taken with Chewbacca. So far the person behind me in line and 2 people in front of me and us do not have those pictures on our PhotoPass....if you were in line with us that morning and have any info to help PhotoPass find them - please share!!!!! I know there were a few dissers in that line when Ewok Logray first came out! The person behind me on line told me on Monday that they had already spent quite while with Disney at the parks trying to find the with no luck....

Thanks!!!!

Hey, I was there then too and have no PP pics! Have forgotten to call yet about them; thanks for the reminder! I assume from your post that they didn't tell you there was some sort of equipment malfunction and they lost a bunch of them...??

Uh, my sister and her kids saw him yesterday and said how he made small talk and really tried talking to her son about if he was enjoying his day.

this morning he was nothing like that, he kinda said hi he shook hands ect he was friendly, he just wasnt really personalizing anything or giving people much time kind of just worked quickly and he was way ahead of his fast pass times, but thats a good thing so as many people as possible can see him. he just wasnt the same kind of personal experience as davis/ross/park/ashley

Hey, I was there then too and have no PP pics! Have forgotten to call yet about them; thanks for the reminder! I assume from your post that they didn't tell you there was some sort of equipment malfunction and they lost a bunch of them...??

They were not saying that YET but it seems like they could! What time was your picture?

Witwer had no time for my son and hubby. Took 20 sec. He kept rubbing his nose so maybe he had a cold and wasn't feeling good, but Daniels (C3PO) was friendlier than Sam.

They were not saying that YET but it seems like they could! What time was your picture?

About that same time. Keep the time stamp on my camera turned off, so trying to figure it out. Texted a friend (from my iPhone 4) after we saw them, but not sure what time...live in Central time, was obviously in Eastern when I sent it, and back in Central now. So, are the time stamps on my texts adjusted to the time zone I'm in NOW, or are they correct to where they were when they were sent?? Either way, it was about 9-10 am. My DD was in a purple Leia kitty shirt with Leia buns if you happened to see us....

Totally photo bombed Vader during our shoot. Cast members had to clear the sign my kids held up. Had to leave Ashley before we got anything from her but handed off my little one's present to her: "Death Star Plans" (in actuality a copy of my dad's work prints from the steel work designs of Spaceship Earth). Also left her my business card so that maybe she can holler back if she gets the chance. Waiting inside ABC sound with her right now for Jedi Training.

Were you the ones with the plans that on the other side said "Many Bothan spies died..."? We were a few behind you in that line.

Witwer had no time for my son and hubby. Took 20 sec. He kept rubbing his nose so maybe he had a cold and wasn't feeling good, but Daniels (C3PO) was friendlier than Sam.

I'm pretty sure he had a cold. He had a box of tissues and didn't quite seem himself. He was confused about when I mentioned I had interviewed him, and asked if it was a good interview... :)

For those who have had problems with missing Photopass pictures...

The Photopass photographer had an equipment malfunction at MNSSHP when we were meeting Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, who was of course our #1 priority. When I submitted my request to find the missing pictures online, I got a message back saying they looked and couldn't find anything. I called and got a great CM (?) who did end up finding the photos and getting them into our account, but we had to be very, very specific on the time they were taken. She said that 100s of pictures are taken every minute and they all go into one "queue" (for lack of a better word) with a timestamp only. So your DHS pictures are intermingled with pics from MK, Epcot, etc. that were taken at the same time. So when you call Photopass, it's important to have as much information as possible about the time. Our CM was able to find our pictures because we knew we were outside TST by 7:18, because some guy just happened to stop us and ask for the time right as we were exiting and I happened to remember the time I told him. The minute was really that important. So try to wrack your brain to estimate the time as close as possible to help the Photopass people find your pics.

I'm making our Touring Plan for next weekend and I feel like I'm a Psycho Planner on Steroids. I have a spreadsheet showing the KTP character times minute by minute so I can try to formulate some sort of plan. I'm glad DHS is small because there's going to be a LOT of park crossing going on!

For those who have had problems with missing Photopass pictures...

The Photopass photographer had an equipment malfunction at MNSSHP when we were meeting Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, who was of course our #1 priority. When I submitted my request to find the missing pictures online, I got a message back saying they looked and couldn't find anything. I called and got a great CM (?) who did end up finding the photos and getting them into our account, but we had to be very, very specific on the time they were taken. She said that 100s of pictures are taken every minute and they all go into one "queue" (for lack of a better word) with a timestamp only. So your DHS pictures are intermingled with pics from MK, Epcot, etc. that were taken at the same time. So when you call Photopass, it's important to have as much information as possible about the time. Our CM was able to find our pictures because we knew we were outside TST by 7:18, because some guy just happened to stop us and ask for the time right as we were exiting and I happened to remember the time I told him. The minute was really that important. So try to wrack your brain to estimate the time as close as possible to help the Photopass people find your pics.

I'm making our Touring Plan for next weekend and I feel like I'm a Psycho Planner on Steroids. I have a spreadsheet showing the KTP character times minute by minute so I can try to formulate some sort of plan. I'm glad DHS is small because there's going to be a LOT of park crossing going on!

Thank you for the photopass hope! I think we can pinpoint it pretty well - I took a picture with my camera at 9:29am and I think that is fairly accurate based on my posts here that say we were in line and the ewok had come out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter