Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We traded in our non RFID tickets at Guest Relations at EPCOT too... not sure if DHS Guest Relations is doing that yet but you never know.

i know DHS guest relations has the RFID annual passes my gf upgraded to one two weeks ago there.. what i would do is just tell them its giving you problems or that you want a new one and im sure they will give you one of the new ones.

Hi everyone! Longtime reader and first time poster. Just want to thank all of you for sharing your insight and experiences so far! Although I do have a few questions about celebrity autographs for Weekend 4 that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. When camping out for autographs, are you allowed to bring a foldable chair to sit in? I would assume you are but are you then allowed to bring it in the park afterwards? (one of those chairs you fold into a thin bag and can carry on your shoulder) Do you recommend bringing anything else to camp out with?

2. Is there a bathroom nearby that you can use in the middle of the night?

3. My biggest concern: my plan is to get four autographs on Weekend 4 (Billy Dee, JAT, Ashley, and Tom Kane). However, since you can only get one per day I will only be able to get three. My dad can come with me on Friday if necessary to get a fast pass, but will he have to be the one to get the autograph then? Because I would like to be the one to get it, are the wristbands able to be removed and given to another person? I would also be fine with getting fast passes for three of the celebs and then doing a walk-up for the 4th person, but I'm wondering how likely that would be and which person/timeslot would be the best to aim for a walk up?

Thank you so much fellow Star Wars/Disney fans! :)

like others have said:
1.- yes you can bring chairs/cots to wait but you cannot bring those in with you, you have to take them back to your car or leave them at Guests Relations

2.- Yes there's a bathroom outside the turnstiles by the Guest Relation windows

3.-The person wearing the wristband is the only one able to meet the celeb. If you want to walk up to a celeb I would do Ashley after her second session...also you can meet Ashley at Darth Mall from 3-4 if you buy something from Her Universe there. She won't sign anything other than the tag from the clothing item but you can get a picture with her and talk to her.

Hi everyone! Longtime reader and first time poster. Just want to thank all of you for sharing your insight and experiences so far! Although I do have a few questions about celebrity autographs for Weekend 4 that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. When camping out for autographs, are you allowed to bring a foldable chair to sit in? I would assume you are but are you then allowed to bring it in the park afterwards? (one of those chairs you fold into a thin bag and can carry on your shoulder) Do you recommend bringing anything else to camp out with?

2. Is there a bathroom nearby that you can use in the middle of the night?

3. My biggest concern: my plan is to get four autographs on Weekend 4 (Billy Dee, JAT, Ashley, and Tom Kane). However, since you can only get one per day I will only be able to get three. My dad can come with me on Friday if necessary to get a fast pass, but will he have to be the one to get the autograph then? Because I would like to be the one to get it, are the wristbands able to be removed and given to another person? I would also be fine with getting fast passes for three of the celebs and then doing a walk-up for the 4th person, but I'm wondering how likely that would be and which person/timeslot would be the best to aim for a walk up?

Thank you so much fellow Star Wars/Disney fans! :)

I see others have beat me now, but yes, you can camp out with a chair, sleeping bag, whatever. You actually aren't allowed to bring the chairs into the park though, but you will probably have the chance to run it back out to your vehicle if you have one, or maybe give it away if its a cheapie.

Bathrooms are accessible. And as someone else says, you can get all 4 if you meet Ashley during Her Universe signing. No fast pass needed, just get in line about 30'ish minutes before it starts. She only signs Her Universe items there.

FWIW, the lady last weekend put my wristband on SO tight, I ended up carefully unpeeling it and adjusting it. No one even glanced at it twice. Not that I'm encouraging you to try it, but Im sure people do it. Hope you have a great time!

yeah he said something like that to my g/f when we met him sunday of week 1 that she had to sleep on a sidewalk to see him, he said hes really sorry about that and actually signed like 4 things, hes such a nice guy

Somehow I see his next visit not being so limited just because he will make it so. I don't think he realized how bad it was going to be with the schedule they put him on.

Speaking of his next visit, I hope Ray Park is there next year because my boyfriend and I just got back home Monday but we are already starting to plan what we are calling "2014 SWW Quickie" :hyper: We will fly in on the Thursday before the first weekend and fly out the Monday following so we get 3 full SWW days. I think I gave my boyfriend the :earsboy: Disney/SWW bug :banana: NO complaints here :banana: in fact I think I'll keep him ;)

There are luggage lockers outside DHS for $1 (4 quarters). They might hold a small lawn chair.

They will give you time to take them back to your car. They will come through with wristbands at say 6:30ish and then start giving out fast passes around 7ish, so you can use that time to take back to car. The bathrooms outside the studios are open all night.

Since this is my 10,000th post, I thought it should be here, on a thread about something that has brought me much joy through the years.

May the Force Be With You!!
:darth: :yoda:

Cinderumbrella said:
Since this is my 10,000th post, I thought it should be here, on a thread about something that has brought me much joy through the years.

May the Force Be With You!!
:darth: :yoda:

Woot woot. Congrats!

just a quick question. Ive been reading through trying to figure out if we should take a cab to HS or just take the bus? We want to be there before it opens to sign up for Jedi Training and we are staying at Art of Animation so Im not sure if that bus stops anywhere first? Do the buses get the hotels at 6:30 or thats when they leave to get to the hotels? I think a cab would be easier but I saw that the park didnt open until around 7:30 this past weekend.

Just left HS and passed by about a half dozen camping out on the right side entrance. If any of the gang from here was there, that was me giving you the thumbs up, not flipping you off. Have a good night and we'll see y'all Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

With a posted gate opening time at 8:00, what time have they been letting people in the park this year for SWW? I saw an earlier reference to 7:30?

Got here at 4:30, the longest line was the voice of Darth Maul. Sorry forgot his name... his line was about 10 people after the Bag check, second longest is Tim Rose, about 3 people after bag check and I counted I'm about 50 in line, we'll see what session I get. Davis line at 4:30 just reached bag check.... right now (5:30) . still whoever's line is longest but Davis's line has caught up... all three are about 20 people after bag check.... each.

nickerbuddy said:
Is it resort guests only at 8a or everyone? Trying to figure out if it is early magic hour today

No EMH during sww.... there was a year that they had them on Saturday and that was a MESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter