Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow DHS is expecting larger crowds. There was an emergency phone call to all DHS cast members saying to park at Epcot and they will be shuttled to DHS to have more parking spaces available for guests.

Didn't make it to Hoopla. Just over 12 hours in the park and the kids called it quits.

Got there just before 7 and got a 4:50 FP for Jim Cummings. Signed up for PMC (1:30) and then JTA (12:30).

Rode Star Tours, met Chewy and Logray, Amadala, great spot for the motorcade, ice cream break, JTA, PMC, lunch at ABC, walked around looking at characters (kids didn't want to stop), the Mall, Jim Cummings, clone troopers, traded with the Jawas, back to the Mall for C3PO and Luke and the Rancor. I think that's it. So much waiting but had a blast!

Thank you to everyone who provided so much information and answered everyone's questions! It made our first SWW magical and memorable! <3

I wanted to share my hoopla/FANTASMIC attempt! We ended up parking/ standing by kind of near the tip board so it wasn't hard to escape....we ended up with the kids on our shoulders but it was enough for everyone to enjoy it enough! ( Honestly - there was only one kid that blocked our view causing us to have to continue the shoulder trend....what my shoulders wouldnt have done for that kid to move 5 inches to the right!) The show ended at 8:37 or so and then we booked it over to F! ... They were announcing standing room only to guests entering at that point (not a line outside or anything), but the still had the inner package seating at Scar...we got seated with 10 minutes before show time!

We had a good day today - we arrived after 8, got our TSM fast passes, joined a bunch of dissers in the Chewie line (DH and DS road star tours twice while dd and I wilted or Chewie - our wait was about an hour....we got captain Rex at the blister pack and ended p with Anakin at the Jedi council meet...my dd (2.9) was seriously enamel red by him! I am a little worried about her teenage years - she definitely has a recurring thing for the cute 'bad boys'! Then we did little mermaid, road TSM with our FPs, got some snaps with the green army man, and got In line or Boba Fett...(it was about 11:40 - we were 3rd in line.)...

We had 12:30 lunch at H&V and then headed to Epcot!

Thanks to all of the great dissers out there (kenny the pirate - you were a life saver for us and everyone else i was able to help with my printed copies of your times!) that helped us enjoy this special trip!!! Not sure when we will get back for SWW again (we don't usually vacation in may!) but this was full of great memories! You rock!

Didn't make it to Hoopla. Just over 12 hours in the park and the kids called it quits.

Got there just before 7 and got a 4:50 FP for Jim Cummings. Signed up for PMC (1:30) and then JTA (12:30).

Rode Star Tours, met Chewy and Logray, Amadala, great spot for the motorcade, ice cream break, JTA, PMC, lunch at ABC, walked around looking at characters (kids didn't want to stop), the Mall, Jim Cummings, clone troopers, traded with the Jawas, back to the Mall for C3PO and Luke and the Rancor. I think that's it. So much waiting but had a blast!

Thank you to everyone who provided so much information and answered everyone's questions! It made our first SWW magical and memorable! <3

Glad you had a great day! Not to be a pest with the same repeated line of questioning, but was the 1:30 PMC Clone Wars based?

Thanks so much!

we had a great time today, wiped out. Is it ok to post pictures here in this thread?
423969_10201158247305339_1418776167_n.jpg

292379_10201158249425392_672977287_n.jpg

969441_10201158251225437_876438115_n.jpg

Will the Jedi/Sith "fight" you if you have a lightsaber for a cool photo? Or will. Vader/Maul Force Choke you if you ask? Just thought they would be cool photos.

GeekyGirl said:
Typically fairly quickly, (like an hour,) but I've had a couple cases where they didn't show up for about 12 hours before.

And I forgot to mention, it was wonderful meet The Sunrise Student yesterday morning while in line for Warwick Davis as well as several other Dis friends in the Darth Vader line yesterday. I hope you all had wonderful days!

It was really great to meet you too.... When we get home I'll post the pic my boyfriend took of us.

Will the Jedi/Sith "fight" you if you have a lightsaber for a cool photo? Or will. Vader/Maul Force Choke you if you ask? Just thought they would be cool photos.

The rule as I heard it was no pointing your light saber at the characters, so I assume no.

yulilin3 said:
Tomorrow DHS is expecting larger crowds. There was an emergency phone call to all DHS cast members saying to park at Epcot and they will be shuttled to DHS to have more parking spaces available for guests.

Holy Crap..... And we considered driving over tomorrow.... Guess not!

Not good... Crowd wise.

I guess it's a good thing we got to see a lot of the shows we wanted today!

We are going tomorrow. How were the lines today for getting on Star Tours and Toy Story? (or how soon do we need to get fast passes before they sell out...or are people there mostly for the special events).
New to the thread, any tips appreciated.

I love hearing all the updates and seeing the pics... Getting excited for our trip there next week!

Jackie

Met Sunrise and LoveThatTink yesterday. Nice to have met both of you guys. And it was cool meeting LTT's son. He's awesome. He even gave me a present. I will truly treasure that and the whole weekend for a long long time. Today's march was fantastic - too short, but fantastic. I would love to see any photos or video that anyone has of today's parade.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter