Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
:worship:

I am forever indebted to you for sharing your secret HH spot...loved it so much! Looking forward to another great year - we'll be at Weekend #2! :)

Thanks for your kind words. We'll see if anything changes this year...I'm not really expecting any big changes but we never know...here's hoping for a SW character breakfast at Sci-Fi or Backlot Express :goodvibes

We will make the last weekend of SWW for our June trip. This is our fifth WDW trip, but the first for SWW. My daughter and husband are HUGE SW fans so they are super excited to go. We are planning the Friday of the last SWW to devote solely to the special events figuring it will be the least crowded of the 3 days. Are we correct there, or should we be looking at going Sunday? We have another day to devote completely to DHS during the week.

Last year we went the last weekend also and found Friday to be the least busy of the 3 days.

Thanks for your kind words. We'll see if anything changes this year...I'm not really expecting any big changes but we never know...here's hoping for a SW character breakfast at Sci-Fi or Backlot Express :goodvibes

That would be a dream come true.

Also adding in a show of Star Wars in 30 minutes :cool1:

And more characters in the airconditioning. (let's take Wreck it Ralph, Sorc Mickey and the Incredibles outside and bring in Darth, Chewie, and the Fab 4 and the Jedis) :cheer2:

Can anyone GUESSTIMATE what time the Star Wars PARADE is at?
I need to make a lunch ADR (well I already did) and now I'm worried it'll be right during parade time. This is a MUST for my boys. :confused3

bentopher said:
Can anyone GUESSTIMATE what time the Star Wars PARADE is at?
I need to make a lunch ADR (well I already did) and now I'm worried it'll be right during parade time. This is a MUST for my boys. :confused3

Last year, 12:40p. This year, probably similar.

Does anyone (said in my best Ben Stein voice Robo, Robo) know if the SWW Celebrity Motorcade/Parade, which hopefully starts at 12:40pm, follows the same parade route as the 3pm parade?
It seems like on previous SWW maps the route went from the park entrance to the Big Hat. Yet, I have seen some trip reports that references it going past American Idol.
Thanks!

wheeliefun said:
Does anyone (said in my best Ben Stein voice Robo, Robo) know if the SWW Celebrity Motorcade/Parade, which hopefully starts at 12:40pm, follows the same parade route as the 3pm parade?
It seems like on previous SWW maps the route went from the park entrance to the Big Hat. Yet, I have seen some trip reports that references it going past American Idol.
Thanks!

I believe the last couple of years it has stopped at the hat, and before that it continued on to the JTA stage. Someone will correct me if I have this wrong.

Thanks!

I think it was the last 2 years it ended at the stage. It use to end at the stage at Star Tours, but there's too many people now to end there.

OOh I never thought to ask the route of the parade!!

Anyone have a map that outlines it???

bentopher said:
OOh I never thought to ask the route of the parade!!

Anyone have a map that outlines it???

If lovethattink and I are right, then it's nothing but a straight line from the entrance to the really big hat.

If lovethattink and I are right, then it's nothing but a straight line from the entrance to the really big hat.

Oh, good to know! Last SWW weekend we attended was in 2010. We watched the parade right by the little half wall near American Idol and across from Echo Lake. We loved that location, and got great pictures.

So if this is the case, will the parade loop around the hat, and go back down the way it came, or just end at the hat? What would be an ideal viewing place? If I'm picturing it correctly, it seems like a much shorter parade route, so more people crowded in to view the parade.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Oh, good to know! Last SWW weekend we attended was in 2010. We watched the parade right by the little half wall near American Idol and across from Echo Lake. We loved that location, and got great pictures.

So if this is the case, will the parade loop around the hat, and go back down the way it came, or just end at the hat? What would be an ideal viewing place? If I'm picturing it correctly, it seems like a much shorter parade route, so more people crowded in to view the parade.

Thanks!

Assuming they keep it the same as last year, it will end at the Sorcerer's hat. At 12:55 there will be a Celebrity Welcome at the Sorcerer Hat Stage.

Thanks!

The parade starts at the front (by Sid Cahuenga's) and stops at the hat. Now the 501st and Rebel Legion groups (not Disney) continue on and exit thru the gate by Star Tours (they are only allowed to march from the entrance to the exit by ST) the rest of the characters (Chewbacca, Leia, Ahsoka,etc) stop and stay at the Hat with the celeb. host and visiting celebrities, the host welcomes everyone on stage and then they have a few moments with everyone for a photo op.
The parade starts with the JTA kids and Jedi Masters, they stay at the bottom part of the stage by the hat, then the 501st and Rebel Legion groups march thru and then the rest of the characters and celebrities arrive at the Hat.
After the welcome ceremony the characters go backstage by The Great Movie Ride and the celebs get back in the convertibles and drive back down Hollywood Blvd to where the parade started.
I hope this is clear, here's a link from last years parade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1qtRzVDt4
here's a link to the welcome ceremony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LCF8dtKMs

The parade starts at the front (by Sid Cahuenga's) and stops at the hat. Now the 501st and Rebel Legion groups (not Disney) continue on and exit thru the gate by Star Tours (they are only allowed to march from the entrance to the exit by ST) the rest of the characters (Chewbacca, Leia, Ahsoka,etc) stop and stay at the Hat with the celeb. host and visiting celebrities, the host welcomes everyone on stage and then they have a few moments with everyone for a photo op.
The parade starts with the JTA kids and Jedi Masters, they stay at the bottom part of the stage by the hat, then the 501st and Rebel Legion groups march thru and then the rest of the characters and celebrities arrive at the Hat.
After the welcome ceremony the characters go backstage by The Great Movie Ride and the celebs get back in the convertibles and drive back down Hollywood Blvd to where the parade started.
I hope this is clear, here's a link from last years parade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1qtRzVDt4
here's a link to the welcome ceremony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LCF8dtKMs

Thank you for the explaination. I get it now. So the hat stage is really the place to be. Thanks!

I know this is VERY likely OT, but I can't help it...

I can't believe that before they nabbed JJ Abrams for the new Star Wars film, they were close to asking Ben Affleck?!?! (http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Televis...tm?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Am I the only one shocked by this? I know he won a Golden Globe for Argo, but he's directed a total of 3 feature films -- total.

Concerning to me as a Star Wars fan wrt management of this franchise! I remain optimistic about it in Disney's hands, of course, but yikes! :scared1:

Maybe it's just me. :goodvibes

We will be there the last weekend also. We are planning the Friday and Sunday at HS.. this will be our 2nd SWW..

Same here -- Friday and Sunday of the last weekend -- 2nd SWW. Can't wait!

Last year we went the last weekend also and found Friday to be the least busy of the 3 days.

Thanks for the info! Do most people try to do 2 days? We are not super intrested in standing in line for celebrity autographs, just character meets, parade, HH, ect. Do we need to schedule 2 days to see it all, or can it be done in one if we are not trying to do rides that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter