Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's only speculation, but with all of the ROTJ merchandise it's pretty much a given at this point.

Yes, it would sure throw me for a loop if the theme is something else.

My friend went to HS during SWW last year by mistake and she said it was great because there was no one in the Playhouse Disney area or at Beauty and the BEast. Is this true? We will be in the other areas of the parks for the kids but I wanted to see the parade since the kids are not into Star Wars. I have been concerned about long wait times for the kids characters, PLayhouse Disney, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the BeEast.

Your friend got lucky. Though we did find One Man's Dream empty every time we needed to go in and cool down.

So are the usual Playhouse Disney characters out during SWW? Is the Playhouse Disney show running those days?

We're going the first day (May 17th) and, while our 3 oldest children are into SWW, our youngest is not. She has special needs and is into Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Doc McStuffins, etc.

I was hoping to be able to do the usual Playhouse Disney things with her that day while the older 3 attended the SWW events.

(We also have lunch reservations for Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine where Jake from the Neverland Pirates is a regular...I'm assuming he would still be there that day, correct?)

Just looking for reassurance from those who've been to SWW events before!

So are the usual Playhouse Disney characters out during SWW? Is the Playhouse Disney show running those days?

We're going the first day (May 17th) and, while our 3 oldest children are into SWW, our youngest is not. She has special needs and is into Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Doc McStuffins, etc.

I was hoping to be able to do the usual Playhouse Disney things with her that day while the older 3 attended the SWW events.

(We also have lunch reservations for Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine where Jake from the Neverland Pirates is a regular...I'm assuming he would still be there that day, correct?)

Just looking for reassurance from those who've been to SWW events before!

Playhouse Disney will be running and there are character meet and greets thoughout the day with (at the end of the Playhouse disney building).
ALso check around the Sorcerer Mickey Hat area...we came across Daisy, Donald, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger during SWW. Also check out the Magic of Animation building from Mickey!

Excited to be going this year!

This will be our third consecutive year going for Star Wars Weekends and our first visit to Disney since our wedding in November!

I booked Sci-Fi for 1:35 on last Sat of Star Wars Weekend. Will we be able to see the parade (I think someone said 12:30/40) and make it to our ADR without rushing? Should we get a spot closer to where Sci-Fi is to watch the parade?

Just booked the trip this weekend and we are so excited. DS5 (6 for trip) just recentlly got into star wars (since angry bird star wars came out lol)...so we are mainly going for him and probably dont care to much for the "real" people but the dressed up will be fun.

I booked Sci-Fi for 1:35 on last Sat of Star Wars Weekend. Will we be able to see the parade (I think someone said 12:30/40) and make it to our ADR without rushing? Should we get a spot closer to where Sci-Fi is to watch the parade?

Just booked the trip this weekend and we are so excited. DS5 (6 for trip) just recentlly got into star wars (since angry bird star wars came out lol)...so we are mainly going for him and probably dont care to much for the "real" people but the dressed up will be fun.

Last year the parade was at 12:40. If they keep that the same, you will have plenty of time.

We are headed to Disney for the first Star Wars weekend. Both my boys, 5 and 2, are obsessed with Star Wars. We would like to surprise them. Anyone have any fun ideas? Any tips how to get the most out of the Star Wars festivities would be appreciated as well. We plan on going Friday and Sunday.

DS wants to write a Disney character before our trip. When I asked who he wanted to write, he said Mickey Luke Skywalker.

What's the over/under on that coming back fulfilling his dream?

I told him Mickey was a very busy guys with lots of clothes, so he may not have time to pose for a picture before we get there and get a letter back to him.

Thoughts?

DS wants to write a Disney character before our trip. When I asked who he wanted to write, he said Mickey Luke Skywalker.

What's the over/under on that coming back fulfilling his dream?

I told him Mickey was a very busy guys with lots of clothes, so he may not have time to pose for a picture before we get there and get a letter back to him.

Thoughts?

Here is a picture of Jedi Mickey from last year, my son is in the backround, but you can barely see him.

20120609_152029.jpg

Ok, SWW people, I'm not sure if reading most of this thread just now has me scared or excited that we're going on a SWW. :laughing:

We planned our trip for May 25-June 2 not even thinking about SWW (or Gay Days, for that matter). After seeing it on the schedule on the Touring Plans crowd calendar though, I actually emailed them and asked if their numbers were right. They show HS as being the lowest crowds of the 4 parks on Saturday, May 25th. THE Len Testa :worship: (sorry, I have a bit of a geeky crush on him :love:) replied and said that both SWW and Gay Days don't really affect the crowds much, the SWW people are focused on the celebs and characters and don't affect the "regular" park much and that Gay Days people don't generally arrive until mid-afternoon so they don't affect the headliner rides too much.

So we've planned our week and were hoping to do DHS on Saturday 5/25 and Wednesday 5/29. :eek:

However, after reading all your posts about Saturdays being crazy busy I'm beginning to question the possibility of going there that day. Or...maybe I'm embracing it more and will try to get my kids even more hooked on Star Wars before then??? They have seen most of the movies (I think we skipped one that DH said was the scariest) and like the lego star wars stuff but I'm not sure we're as die hard as it might take to jump into a SWW. :) I don't know! They both want to do JTA - do you think that's even a possibility on Saturday? What time should we get to the gates to have a chance at it? I'm fine with us going to the signups and DH going to FP TSM.

Hoping you won't bash me for not being completely gaga for boba :) Or maybe a SWW experience will turn me to the dark side? Ok, I'll stop playing with words I don't really know the meaning of now :rotfl2:

Ok, SWW people, I'm not sure if reading most of this thread just now has me scared or excited that we're going on a SWW. :laughing:

We planned our trip for May 25-June 2 not even thinking about SWW (or Gay Days, for that matter). After seeing it on the schedule on the Touring Plans crowd calendar though, I actually emailed them and asked if their numbers were right. They show HS as being the lowest crowds of the 4 parks on Saturday, May 25th. THE Len Testa :worship: (sorry, I have a bit of a geeky crush on him :love:) replied and said that both SWW and Gay Days don't really affect the crowds much, the SWW people are focused on the celebs and characters and don't affect the "regular" park much and that Gay Days people don't generally arrive until mid-afternoon so they don't affect the headliner rides too much.

So we've planned our week and were hoping to do DHS on Saturday 5/25 and Wednesday 5/29. :eek:

However, after reading all your posts about Saturdays being crazy busy I'm beginning to question the possibility of going there that day. Or...maybe I'm embracing it more and will try to get my kids even more hooked on Star Wars before then??? They have seen most of the movies (I think we skipped one that DH said was the scariest) and like the lego star wars stuff but I'm not sure we're as die hard as it might take to jump into a SWW. :) I don't know! They both want to do JTA - do you think that's even a possibility on Saturday? What time should we get to the gates to have a chance at it? I'm fine with us going to the signups and DH going to FP TSM.

Hoping you won't bash me for not being completely gaga for boba :) Or maybe a SWW experience will turn me to the dark side? Ok, I'll stop playing with words I don't really know the meaning of now :rotfl2:

Len is wrong... SWW will be busiest on Saturday that weekend.

It might be better to try for JTA on your Wednesday DHS day if you don't want to be at the gates early.

Len is wrong... SWW will be busiest on Saturday that weekend.

It might be better to try for JTA on your Wednesday DHS day if you don't want to be at the gates early.

We're good with getting there early but, how early? EasyWDW says those wanting to get a particular autographs should get there at 6 and that everyone else should arrive no later than 7. The park doesn't open until 9, right? Or possibly 8? I'll have to figure out if we're into it enough to stand around for a couple hours just to get in the place :)

We're good with getting there early but, how early? EasyWDW says those wanting to get a particular autographs should get there at 6 and that everyone else should arrive no later than 7. The park doesn't open until 9, right? Or possibly 8? I'll have to figure out if we're into it enough to stand around for a couple hours just to get in the place :)

I can't help with the JTA arrival since we haven't done it since they switched to signing up (I am sure someone with real knowledge will be around shortly!)

Last year, the parks "quietly" opened around 8am.

So when the park "quietly" opened around 8, was it just to let folks start queuing up early for rides and characters which started at 9, or did those things start early as well??

And on a completely unrelated note, can someone give me the expected travel time (via my own car) from Kidani to DHS? Will miss walking over from Dolphin, but got AKV for less and couldnt pass it up. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter