• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

We are just 2 weeks away from AP/DVC registration and 3 weeks from general registration, it will be here before we know it!!

AND it looks like runDisney finally updated their website and gave all the race weekends a countdown clock.
Hmmmm, what site are you seeing, cuz SWDS doesn't have a countdown clock that I know of. Maybe I'm looking at another web address?????

Hmmmm, what site are you seeing, cuz SWDS doesn't have a countdown clock that I know of. Maybe I'm looking at another web address?????

It's on the bottom of the home page. The section titled "Events" has a picture of the event and the countdown clock. You can cycle through all the upcoming events, each with their own clock. It's not on the SWDS page itself.

Last edited:
It's on the bottom of the home page. The section titled "Events" has a picture of the event and the countdown clock. You can cycle through all the upcoming events, each with their own click. It's not on the SWDS page itself.
Yep, that's what I was doing wrong. Thanks, thought I'd gone crazy! I mean other than crazy for Disney runs. LOL!

We are just 2 weeks away from AP/DVC registration and 3 weeks from general registration, it will be here before we know it!!

AND it looks like runDisney finally updated their website and gave all the race weekends a countdown clock.

I'm so darn anxious about registration. Have my airplane tickets purchased and room already reserved.

I do have a question for my 'just in case' plan. How do the charity tickets work? I assume you contact a charity off the list and they let you buy a ticket from them? Do you promise to try to raise money for your run?

I'm so darn anxious about registration. Have my airplane tickets purchased and room already reserved.
@Tasmen if I may ask, where are you flying from / what airline did you find good rates on for that far out? I live in North Dakota and I've had rare good luck with getting tickets early like once, but otherwise I have to look for sales constantly...and I usually have a hard time finding schedules for flights/reservations so far out!
If you for some reason you don't get in on the race...at least you'll still be at Disney? :-/ But I totally feel you. I have multiple reminders set up to be sure I'm online to register...but I have to get myself and DS10 registered:eek:

That made me think of a question...it's been a couple of years since I've registered more than one person at a time for rD races...and it seems like it's only gotten crazier. Does DS need his own active.com account? I'd better plan all this now :confused:

@Tasmen if I may ask, where are you flying from / what airline did you find good rates on for that far out? I live in North Dakota and I've had rare good luck with getting tickets early like once, but otherwise I have to look for sales constantly...and I usually have a hard time finding schedules for flights/reservations so far out!

I'll give you my secret weapon ... Yapta.com. Log the flights you're looking at, and it will notify you on price drops. It works even better when you have an airline (like Alaska) with a price guarantee ... Tell Yapta what you bought tickets for, and it will notify you of price drops so you can get a refund of the difference. I use it to buy tickets at a price I'm comfortable paying, but I'll always get the lowest price this way.

@SuperRob do all the companies give you a refund on price drop? I'm not sure I understand how that works, or do you just monitor that site for the best overall rate. I'm always way to paranoid to keep monitoring and always end up over paying (I'm also form Canada, so pay tons anyways).

@SuperRob do all the companies give you a refund on price drop? I'm not sure I understand how that works, or do you just monitor that site for the best overall rate. I'm always way to paranoid to keep monitoring and always end up over paying (I'm also form Canada, so pay tons anyways).

Not all of them, and the few that do usually require you to have bought from them directly (like Alaska). But you can use Yapta to track flights in either case, pre- or post-purchase.

To give you an idea, I've been able to get 5 different price adjustments on my Alaska flights to DLR in September ... basically cutting each fare in half. :)

But you don't have to monitor anything. Find the flights you want (or already bought), log them in Yapta, and they will notify you everytime the price changes. :D

I knew I wanted to fly Delta for Delta+ since I'm flying across the country (Seattle to Orlando). Ended up, first class was cheaper than I'd ever seen it so I jumped on that. That's the main reason I bought so early. :)

If you for some reason you don't get in on the race...at least you'll still be at Disney? :-/ But I totally feel you. I have multiple reminders set up to be sure I'm online to register...but I have to get myself and DS10 registered:eek:

Trust me... I am clinging to this idea!

Needing some help and guidance here. Practicing entering my info on another Disney run that I don't intend to register for to to get an idea of how it will go, and I've got a few questions that maybe some of you can answer. 1. When entering the time from my 10k, do I put in the hour, minutes, and seconds exactly from the 10k finish - or do I calculate and round up what I think it will take me for a half, and 2. when entering my POT link should it turn blue and actually work from the registration site or will the runDisney folk cut and paste to make it work and verity on their own?

Needing some help and guidance here. Practicing entering my info on another Disney run that I don't intend to register for to to get an idea of how it will go, and I've got a few questions that maybe some of you can answer. 1. When entering the time from my 10k, do I put in the hour, minutes, and seconds exactly from the 10k finish - or do I calculate and round up what I think it will take me for a half, and 2. when entering my POT link should it turn blue and actually work from the registration site or will the runDisney folk cut and paste to make it work and verity on their own?

1. Enter your actual 10k finish time.
2. The link text won't turn blue.

Is there an official Facebook group for runDisney's DarkSide Races? I tried searching and couldn't find a group specific to that weekend's events.
Yes, although none are official rundisney, but this has lots of people and is active - Star Wars Half Marathon: The Darkside

Well I'm totally in. Already signed up for the Rebel Challenege, totally gonna do Dark Side.

Buuuuuut I need roommates. Is that a thing? Do people do that here?

Is there an official Facebook group for runDisney's DarkSide Races? I tried searching and couldn't find a group specific to that weekend's events.

I was wondering that too! And if there's one for Light Side. I haven't found one searching.

So excited! I'll be doing AP registration (fingers crossed) and then I'll be signed up and ready for the Kessel Run!

Yes, although none are official rundisney, but this has lots of people and is active - Star Wars Half Marathon: The Darkside

Thank you!

1. Enter your actual 10k finish time.
2. The link text won't turn blue.
Thanks so much! I've got my DS doing this with me also, but as we all know I can't sigh up for him. So I'm trying to cut down on the confusion and

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter