Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

FYI I JUST received an email from my travel provider with a link to register!!! Hopefully everyone else gets theirs soon as well... :)

ETA: Now I feel like I can officially change my countdown... forthcoming in signature... ;)

Now I may end up stalking my email way more than normal the next couple days :)

Does anybody know where I could find a pair of Yoda ears? I've seen them for babies and dogs, full adult masks, and various craft patterns, but nothing that would really work for my running costume. I can craft a pair if I can't find any by January - thought I'd check here, though!

Does anybody know where I could find a pair of Yoda ears? I've seen them for babies and dogs, full adult masks, and various craft patterns, but nothing that would really work for my running costume. I can craft a pair if I can't find any by January - thought I'd check here, though!

they have a Yoda stocking cap type hat that would work. Was at WDW when i was there last month.

Just catching up on all my TV shows from being out of town - and last week's Extreme Weight Loss featured the contestant running the Star Wars Half!

It made me think of all y'all! Hope training and costuming goes well for everyone!

I got my Rebel Challenge shirt in that gorgeous orangeish-yellow! Finally! I feel official now :chewy: :yoda:

ETA: I had a nice run this morning in my new shirt! Did anyone else get theirs?

Last edited:
I think someone posted about this before, but I can't find it. :( I'm curious about the performance jacket listed in commemorative items...

- Trying to get an idea of sizing, quality, material, etc.
- Are they tight/snug around the neck? (hate that!)
- What does it actually say on it? Is it general about "Star Wars Half Weekend", or specific to the half?
- Also curious if a men's small would be insanely large for a 10yr old
- Can I get a refund if we really don't like them when we see them?

I guess there is no guarantee that they are like they were last year, but I figured any info would help! :)

Last edited:
I think someone posted about this before, but I can't find it. :( I'm curious about the performance jacket listed in commemorative items...

- Trying to get an idea of sizing, quality, material, etc.
- Are they tight/snug around the neck? (hate that!)
- What does it actually say on it? Is it general about "Star Wars Half Weekend", or specific to the half?
- Also curious if a men's small would be insanely large for a 10yr old
- Can I get a refund if we really don't like them when we see them?

I guess there is no guarantee that they are like they were last year, but I figured any info would help! :)

The only part I can answer is the last question. Yes you can return it at the expo if you don't like it. I think last years said May the Course be With You on the back. I don't know what was on the front. Based on how much I liked last years, I am planning on preordering this years and just returning if I dont like it.

The only part I can answer is the last question. Yes you can return it at the expo if you don't like it. I think last years said May the Course be With You on the back. I don't know what was on the front. Based on how much I liked last years, I am planning on preordering this years and just returning if I dont like it.
Thanks!! From the description on the last size chart I saw, it sounds like this... wonder if that's right... http://www.thedealrack.com/champion...et-s260.html?gclid=CM6QqqTdhccCFcEUHwod8-QHaA

do I pre-order matching jackets for hubby and I??? or not worth it????

i know I can return if we don't like them BUT i have to factor in the exchange rate (i'm in canada) and for me to return anything would mean losing some money with the currency exchange.

do I pre-order matching jackets for hubby and I??? or not worth it????

i know I can return if we don't like them BUT i have to factor in the exchange rate (i'm in canada) and for me to return anything would mean losing some money with the currency exchange.

In case you didn't get the email from rundisney, 8/13 is the last day to preorder merch for Star Wars. If you think you'll regret not getting it then I'd preorder them. I kinda think I might wait and just preorder the tink jacket. Hoping that one would be cool since its for the anniversary but not sure yet.

I did not like the Tink pre-order jacket this year -- pretty blah! I got the 1/2 jacket from the expo instead

I asked the jacket question because I was curious and the consensus I got was that they are snug, generally running smaller like most athletic fit items...

I hope the jacket is nice. I didn't order one for the Tink 10K earlier this year, and I don't recall what it looked like. But I ordered one for the SW 10K because it's Star Wars.

I asked the jacket question because I was curious and the consensus I got was that they are snug, generally running smaller like most athletic fit items...
If it is anything like the fleece performance one I got for ToT a couple of years back, they run VERY snug. I like to wear it around so wanted it loose. I typically wear a medium -- I tried these on at the Expo and ended up buying a Large!! I bought a large for the SW half... here's hoping the sizing is similar...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter