**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I did the Tiana's dessert social yesterday and saw a familiar character attendant that worked SWW, he recognized us as well, he loved my DD Sabine cosplay and he was in charge of the Chipwoks. We got to talking about how much we miss SWW, and told me that there were plans to have Finn and Rey in the SWaGFFA show but LucasFilm said no, that they did not want any face characters at Disney. So at least that solves one mystery as to why we don't have the face characters anymore.

I did the Tiana's dessert social yesterday and saw a familiar character attendant that worked SWW, he recognized us as well, he loved my DD Sabine cosplay and he was in charge of the Chipwoks. We got to talking about how much we miss SWW, and told me that there were plans to have Finn and Rey in the SWaGFFA show but LucasFilm said no, that they did not want any face characters at Disney. So at least that solves one mystery as to why we don't have the face characters anymore.
It's also why we don't see Jedi Mickey and characters like that anymore. From what I've heard Kathleen Kennedy did not like that.

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad everyone
74fe7044f3de4cc7ee5411547f4b7353.jpg

Me again, trying to get the one and only day that is glitchy in January. I check multiple times a day to get the site to show anything other than the message
upload_2016-12-27_8-16-34.png
I've called several times and spent a lot of time stuck in a music on hold shoot-me-now loop that constantly starts at IASW. The answer I'm getting, without fail, is that date is completely sold out and when i tell the CM that the message does NOT say "No tables available" they tell me that I'm not reading the message properly :badpc:Any idea that could explain this happening? Possible that it's blacked out for the general public and is on the site in error?

If i can't get this reservation any thoughts on when i should herd my family to a decent place to watch the fireworks and where the best spot might be? So frustrated with this whole thing right now since it was to be our gift to our son for his 30th and i'll need to come up with an alternative now :(

Me again, trying to get the one and only day that is glitchy in January. I check multiple times a day to get the site to show anything other than the message
View attachment 211786
I've called several times and spent a lot of time stuck in a music on hold shoot-me-now loop that constantly starts at IASW. The answer I'm getting, without fail, is that date is completely sold out and when i tell the CM that the message does NOT say "No tables available" they tell me that I'm not reading the message properly :badpc:Any idea that could explain this happening? Possible that it's blacked out for the general public and is on the site in error?

If i can't get this reservation any thoughts on when i should herd my family to a decent place to watch the fireworks and where the best spot might be? So frustrated with this whole thing right now since it was to be our gift to our son for his 30th and i'll need to come up with an alternative now :(
There's nothing to suggest that that day is blocked off, not sure what is happening, sorry
As for a spot without the party check post 9 on the first page. You will need to get it at least an hour and a half before the show. Some people have been lucky in finding a spot once everyone gets up and moves forward only minutes before the show but I'm not sure if you want to do that

Does anyone know if the Jawas are trading these days? We go next week and I was wondering if I should find some trinkets to bring for the kids. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Jawas are trading these days? We go next week and I was wondering if I should find some trinkets to bring for the kids. Thanks!
it's not a guaranteed experience, so bring your trinkets but be prepared for them not to. They have been trading for the last couple of months

So glad I stumbled on this thread!!! We love Star Wars!!!! Well, I've brainwashed the kids, 7,5 and 2 but the husband tolerates it. I've been wanting to see the new SW fireworks but they have been late on our last few trips. We did see the original ones but not with the new projections. I usually travel solo with the kids since hubs is either training or deployed. We are going next month for my daughters birthday and I was able to book the dessert party!!! Will I be able to navigate everything with a stroller and the kids by myself or is this something we should wait to do with another adult?

So glad I stumbled on this thread!!! We love Star Wars!!!! Well, I've brainwashed the kids, 7,5 and 2 but the husband tolerates it. I've been wanting to see the new SW fireworks but they have been late on our last few trips. We did see the original ones but not with the new projections. I usually travel solo with the kids since hubs is either training or deployed. We are going next month for my daughters birthday and I was able to book the dessert party!!! Will I be able to navigate everything with a stroller and the kids by myself or is this something we should wait to do with another adult?
stroller are not allowed inside Launch Bay, so for the dessert party portion you will not have the stroller. Depending on how your kids are you could leave the 7 year old holding the table while you get the food with the other 2 kids. I would encourage you to read page one, under the dessert party post there are a lot of reviews and pictures and videos so you can judge for yourself and see if you will be able to navigate with the kids

Yes, they are still trading (we were just there 12/16-12/21)!

it's not a guaranteed experience, so bring your trinkets but be prepared for them not to. They have been trading for the last couple of months

I read about this back in Sept. and Oct. prior to our trip during Jersey week...Didn't specifically bring anything to trade, because I forgot about it, but interesting enough is when we were entering that room that they hang around in ( with the artifacts & stuff ) I happened to be checking my next FP's & one of them took my phone...It was quite comical, because they pretended to not know what it was and kept hitting the screen and stuff. Best part was they ended up taking selfies...Pretty funny.
Only thing is I have no idea how to attempt to even get those pictures from my phone to upload here?:confused3

I read about this back in Sept. and Oct. prior to our trip during Jersey week...Didn't specifically bring anything to trade, because I forgot about it, but interesting enough is when we were entering that room that they hang around in ( with the artifacts & stuff ) I happened to be checking my next FP's & one of them took my phone...It was quite comical, because they pretended to not know what it was and kept hitting the screen and stuff. Best part was they ended up taking selfies...Pretty funny.
Only thing is I have no idea how to attempt to even get those pictures from my phone to upload here?:confused3
you can try two ways
1.- start a reply and hit the "upload a file" on the bottom right. I usually don't do it this way because it always says that my file is too large
2.- If you uploaded the picture to your facebook, you can easily copy/paste it here. This is how I post pictures now

stroller are not allowed inside Launch Bay, so for the dessert party portion you will not have the stroller. Depending on how your kids are you could leave the 7 year old holding the table while you get the food with the other 2 kids. I would encourage you to read page one, under the dessert party post there are a lot of reviews and pictures and videos so you can judge for yourself and see if you will be able to navigate with the kids

Yeah thats a no go, 2 of the 3 kids have life threatening food allergies so leaving them is out of the question. On the other hand when we have done the Wishes dessert party the CM usually brings us a safe plate of food from the back so we never visit the line.

Even more importantly, hows the bathroom access? Im guessing the party uses the ones to the left of LB what about the viewing area? # small kids, you gotta know where all the bathrooms are located:)

Yeah thats a no go, 2 of the 3 kids have life threatening food allergies so leaving them is out of the question. On the other hand when we have done the Wishes dessert party the CM usually brings us a safe plate of food from the back so we never visit the line.

Even more importantly, hows the bathroom access? Im guessing the party uses the ones to the left of LB what about the viewing area? # small kids, you gotta know where all the bathrooms are located:)
if your children have allergies you can ask to speak to the chef and they will bring you all the safe items.
Yes, bathrooms are outside to the left of Launch Bay and also to the left of the viewing area, behind the Hyperion Theater

if your children have allergies you can ask to speak to the chef and they will bring you all the safe items.
Yes, bathrooms are outside to the left of Launch Bay and also to the left of the viewing area, behind the Hyperion Theater
We are pros at Disney food, they are amazing with our allergies! We usually speak with Special Diets before hand and everything is ready to go as soon as we arrive. I went ahead and cancelled our reservation:sad:, there is no way I'll be able to juggle the kids and enjoy myself without something to contain the 2 year old. Maybe we can find a spot early to watch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter