**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Target had a bunch of SW costumes on clearance for $3-4! I bought some for my girls hoping there was going to be a SW event on Dec. 17. If there is not are they allowed to wear Rey costumes for Jedi Training academy or are they not allowed?
Anyone under 12 can wear a costume anywhere on Disney property. My DD is always wearing a costume when we are there. I have cute pictures of her dressed as Leia during JT. She's also been Jedi Elsa and a Jedi Mermaid. :-)

I read a few pages back about Jawas trading...
Wait...I thought they WEREN'T trading anymore??? Or has this changed?

First thanks for all the suggestions on this discussion! We attended on Oct 29th and had a great time! We have never attended a dessert party in the past. Didn't think it was worth the extra $$$$... that said, I felt this was worth the price for us! Had great character interactions with storm troopers and jawas...jumped on line for Chewbacca with no wait. Enjoyed drinks (first round were strong, and asked for a lighter version the second time around) and mostly savory items, loved the nutella and bread pudding. Left the party around 7:30 to get spot in reserved area...great view and loved the fireworks and show. They did start letting people in earlier than 6:45 pm... we checked in around 6:20 and entered the party from the movie in Launch Bay around 6:30 and many tables were already full. Again thanks for all the tips!

Who else is frantically stalking the DHS entertainment schedule for the first week of January? I just need to know I'm not alone ;)

Same here. Several times a day!

Yes! Multiple times a day!

Same here! Glad that we'll be able to see JBJB in December, but really hoping that we can see SWaGS before we go home in January.
6b8c21923c0700a3e376e0e6028c8af04a4ff7b38c453e211fbbb1a3a0cf9f18.jpg

Who else is frantically stalking the DHS entertainment schedule for the first week of January? I just need to know I'm not alone ;)

Me! Well, not the first week but the second. Hoping for January 8th or 9th for the dessert party. Do they usually open booking for a week at a time or more like a month at a time?

Waiting for 1/23 dessert party to open. Fast pass selection is in a couple of weeks. It would be so nice to know if there will be a party before I book FPs. Has the max attendance for the party remained at 200 lately? If so, how crowded does it feel? Thanks!

Just thought I'd share my experience from today. We arrived at DHS around 8am and were 2nd at turnstile. They started letting people in the park around 8:35am. We went straight to JTA sign ups and were about 20 people back. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. We had our choice of time slots. We heard by about 9:45 all slots were full. My kids both fought Vader. I used the tips other people have shared, and had them stay in the right side line. Worked to perfection! Also, the Jawas were trading today! I had brought shiny bell bracelets from the dollar store, which they really loved!

Just thought I'd share my experience from today. We arrived at DHS around 8am and were 2nd at turnstile. They started letting people in the park around 8:35am. We went straight to JTA sign ups and were about 20 people back. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. We had our choice of time slots. We heard by about 9:45 all slots were full. My kids both fought Vader. I used the tips other people have shared, and had them stay in the right side line. Worked to perfection! Also, the Jawas were trading today! I had brought shiny bell bracelets from the dollar store, which they really loved!

Sounds like an awesome day!

Waiting for 1/23 dessert party to open. Fast pass selection is in a couple of weeks. It would be so nice to know if there will be a party before I book FPs. Has the max attendance for the party remained at 200 lately? If so, how crowded does it feel? Thanks!
It didn't feel crowded inside launch bay - we had no trouble finding a table showing up late, and there was never a line for food. But once everyone was in the reserved viewing area, we were elbow to elbow. No more so than those outside the viewing area, but I paid to not have to deal with that! Of course, I also spent the hour before the show enjoying drinks and desserts, not holding a spot on the street, so still worth it in my opinion!

It didn't feel crowded inside launch bay - we had no trouble finding a table showing up late, and there was never a line for food. But once everyone was in the reserved viewing area, we were elbow to elbow. No more so than those outside the viewing area, but I paid to not have to deal with that! Of course, I also spent the hour before the show enjoying drinks and desserts, not holding a spot on the street, so still worth it in my opinion!

Thank you very much, Cluelyss. Your feedback helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter