**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

With the Jingle Bam Dessert Party now booked for Dec. 15th now waiting for the Dec. 17th Rogue One event to drop!! Also planning on getting tickets to Rogue One Dec. 16th at AMC Disney Springs!!

Lots of stalking the Internet these last couple weeks!! :teeth:
for real. Remember that Rogue One might debut Thursday night at 7pm as all major movies have done, in case Thursday works better

I know this is pure speculation at this point, as the Rogue One event hasn't been officially announced yet... but assuming it DOES happen, I was wondering if there was a precedent set by last year's party as far as entry time. I know with MNSSHP and MVMCP you can enter the park at 4pm with a party ticket, even though it doesn't actually start until 7pm. Did they do something similar with the Star Wars party last year? I'm not sure it will be worth the cost for only 4 hours in the park, but if we could get in a couple hours earlier and do a few rides first, that might be enough to tip the scales.

I know this is pure speculation at this point, as the Rogue One event hasn't been officially announced yet... but assuming it DOES happen, I was wondering if there was a precedent set by last year's party as far as entry time. I know with MNSSHP and MVMCP you can enter the park at 4pm with a party ticket, even though it doesn't actually start until 7pm. Did they do something similar with the Star Wars party last year? I'm not sure it will be worth the cost for only 4 hours in the park, but if we could get in a couple hours earlier and do a few rides first, that might be enough to tip the scales.
last year they did it the same day the movie came out, so people went to see the movie and then went to DHS so no one arrived early. I also don't think that you were allowed early as they did a hard close of the park. I think the park closed at 7pm or 8pm with movie goers expected to arrive around 9ish
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/star-wars-the-force-awakens-opening-night-event-faqs/

well DHS just updated hours for December and closing time for the 17th just moved back to 8pm. :( Not looking good for the SW event

I know this has been asked before and I tried to go back and find it, but I can't....so please forgive me. When the SWaGS dessert party isn't offered every night, is there a typical schedule they follow? As in do they typically offer it on certain nights? We will be there 1/7-1/13. There is PM EMH at HS on Sunday night (1/8). I was thinking this might be our best bet to plan an HS night because I would think they'd probably offer it on a PM EMH night, but now I'm re-thinking it because rumor is the castle lights will still be up that night (for the marathon runners that weekend) and I may want to go over to MK that night. Just looking for a little insight.....so wish they'd release this info before we have to make fastpass selections! Thanks!

I saw the original version of the SW fireworks in April and I'm planning to see the new version on Wednesday night. I checked the info at the beginning of the thread, but I can't find if it is mentioned anywhere how long the new show runs for.

Wednesday is my arrival day and I'm not going to be getting into the parks until 6:30-7. I'm wondering if I will have time to make a quick hop to Epcot for a Grand Marnier Slushy before 9. :-)

I know this has been asked before and I tried to go back and find it, but I can't....so please forgive me. When the SWaGS dessert party isn't offered every night, is there a typical schedule they follow? As in do they typically offer it on certain nights? We will be there 1/7-1/13. There is PM EMH at HS on Sunday night (1/8). I was thinking this might be our best bet to plan an HS night because I would think they'd probably offer it on a PM EMH night, but now I'm re-thinking it because rumor is the castle lights will still be up that night (for the marathon runners that weekend) and I may want to go over to MK that night. Just looking for a little insight.....so wish they'd release this info before we have to make fastpass selections! Thanks!
They have done it Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday since October, before that it was done nightly

Anyone able to book NYE SW dessert party yet?? Is it still not open yet?
Not open yet

I saw the original version of the SW fireworks in April and I'm planning to see the new version on Wednesday night. I checked the info at the beginning of the thread, but I can't find if it is mentioned anywhere how long the new show runs for.

Wednesday is my arrival day and I'm not going to be getting into the parks until 6:30-7. I'm wondering if I will have time to make a quick hop to Epcot for a Grand Marnier Slushy before 9. :-)
The show is 12 minutes long

SWaG report, Friday October 28th. Great weather, seemed like a pretty large group to me, but it was my first time. There were MANY WC and disabled in the group, including us with DS in his chair. The entire WC section was WC folks, I do not think they allowed any kids from the rest of the party move up, at least they did not on our end.

The view from the WC section is truly great. My son could see so that made it worth it. (but will not pay again for it). We do not drink alcohol, so the price is really too high for water/soft drinks and dessert. But, NO regrets, it was great. Traded with the Jawas, and they both paid my son much attention (and he is non-verbal like them, lol). They were trading for most of the time.

I've seen so many "Can I make it to..." questions whole following this thread, but don't recall the one I'm about to ask. I apologize if it has come up. If there's a 7:00 Fantasmic!, will I be able to get a last minute spot for 8:00 SWaGS?

I'm hoping someone could share the details of the paper fast passes people are getting when they sign their children up for Jedi Training. Does this always occur, or is it random? Also, is it for tier 1 attractions? Thank you!!

I've seen so many "Can I make it to..." questions whole following this thread, but don't recall the one I'm about to ask. I apologize if it has come up. If there's a 7:00 Fantasmic!, will I be able to get a last minute spot for 8:00 SWaGS?
You will be able to make it to centerstage, as to a good last minute spot that's the thing, you could or you couldn't

I'm hoping someone could share the details of the paper fast passes people are getting when they sign their children up for Jedi Training. Does this always occur, or is it random? Also, is it for tier 1 attractions? Thank you!!
I'm hoping someone with first hand account will come but from what I've read. They have been giving them out consistently for the past 3 months. But never expect to get them, they could drop this practice at any time. They are good for everyone in your party, your entire party doesn't need to be there just let them know how many, and it's good for any attraction at DHS

Are the paper fastpasses given for Jedi Training good that day only or are the good later that week? I thought I read that someone used theirs a few days later. We are going to HS next Monday and Friday. We are planning to do Jedi Training on Monday, but I'd rather use the FP on Friday when, hopefully, RnR is open again. We have FP+ for Toy Story both days already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter