**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

No one knows yet, sorry. Unless things change, we won't know about April until sometime in March. SW fireworks have recently been showing on M, W, Fri, and Sat, fwiw.
Thank you! So frustrating to have to plan everything so far in advance but not have all the pieces of the puzzle! No idea what day to plan HS for!

I can't promise all of the Jedi Training CMs are doing it that way all day, but they did a straight "by height" order that ended up dividing the kids that way.

FWIW, my kid and a kid on the same bus over to HS were geeking out about getting to fight Seventh Sister. They both got Vader! :darth:

Interesting about this JTA change...we have done JTA twice this year and both times my kids wanted Vader and both times ended up with Seventh Sister.

The first time they got 7S - they said it was cooler than they expected and it was okay - even good (DS was 9, DD 5). This past trip (Oct 9th at JTA) - they were visually and verbally disappointed to get her again...I almost wish it was part of the sign up process to pick who you will fight so atleast I could prepare my kid and make a solid decision on our participation plans if she wasn't going to enjoy it.

In the other thread there were questions about whether we would prefer Darth Maul. I know I would and I know that my son would for sure (we had watched that during past SWW JTAs). Maybe my daughter would prefer it too (atleast the second time - she thought fighting a girl was cool once but has no idea who 7S is - she does know Maul) - but I think most of all - they still want Vader!!

A few more thoughts on JTA -

- I think it's odd to put all tall kids in one line and short in another - having a variety allows you to line them up so everyone can be seen - short kids upfront (and how do they do the ewok joke if the tall kids are up top??)

- this show is definitely where I see Disney has worked hard to make sure they have a very diverse cast - all parts / names / rolls are gender neutral. I LOVE THIS!! And every roll has members from both genders and various ethnicities cast. Again - LOVE THIS! It's an excellent example of how to break down stereotypes!!

That being said - the performance we were in was an all female cast - So it was not gender diverse at all (just ethnically diverse)! I wished that they had atleast one speaking male Jedi in that cast rotation. Not that I didn't think each female did a great job - but that it was hard to figure out who was talking and where to look as their voices were not different enough. (Again - not knocking the actors in any given roll - just that more balance could improve the overall performance)

There are pros and cons to every situation
If kids can pick which villain they want to fight it'll probably go 80% Vader 10% 7th sister 10% couldn't care less. Thus having an additional problem when all the spots for Vader are filled you will have a disappointed kid. Of course they will be disappointed even if they didn't have a chance to pick but at least they would know that fighting Vader is not guaranteed
For them to do it by size they are trying to prevent injuries for those on stage. Bigger kids can be more aware of the ledge and even if they fall it wouldn't be a huge problem but it does prevent the parents from seeing the kids in the back if all of them are about the same size
I really think they should bring Darth Maul back. He is more recognizable and I'm sure it would go 60% Vader 30% Maul 10% couldn't care less
The other option would be to just fight Vader on stage like they did before but that would cut the capacity in half and I think that will make more people angry. Better to fight a SW villain than not to fight any at all because of capacity

I'm completely out of the loop on the new Star Wars Land. If one wanted to wait to visit WDW until everything (Star Wars-themed) planned was completed/operational, when might that be? (I believe there will be two new rides?) Summer of 2017? Summer of 2018?

I'm completely out of the loop on the new Star Wars Land. If one wanted to wait to visit WDW until everything (Star Wars-themed) planned was completed/operational, when might that be? (I believe there will be two new rides?) Summer of 2017? Summer of 2018?
more like 2019 to 2020 Post #13 on page one has the video of the announcement done last year during D23

@rteetz has an awesome thread over on the Rumors and News board with all the updates on construction. Basically right now the old Streets of America, Lights Motor Action area is completely demolished so construction can begin
Great! I'll go check it out and stalk it! Thank you!! (My DS was thinking about Disney for his graduation trip next year but he wants to do it when the Star Wars stuff is completed, as we can't afford Disney very often because we like to stay Deluxe and he also has his eye on the Contemporary, so it looks like we've got a couple of more years to save:))

There are pros and cons to every situation
If kids can pick which villain they want to fight it'll probably go 80% Vader 10% 7th sister 10% couldn't care less. Thus having an additional problem when all the spots for Vader are filled you will have a disappointed kid. Of course they will be disappointed even if they didn't have a chance to pick but at least they would know that fighting Vader is not guaranteed
For them to do it by size they are trying to prevent injuries for those on stage. Bigger kids can be more aware of the ledge and even if they fall it wouldn't be a huge problem but it does prevent the parents from seeing the kids in the back if all of them are about the same size
I really think they should bring Darth Maul back. He is more recognizable and I'm sure it would go 60% Vader 30% Maul 10% couldn't care less
The other option would be to just fight Vader on stage like they did before but that would cut the capacity in half and I think that will make more people angry. Better to fight a SW villain than not to fight any at all because of capacity

Even my very-new-to-Star-Wars 5-year-old knew who Darth Maul was last year when he fought him instead of Vader (although he was wanting to fight Vader because he was gonna tell him he had stinky feet....ha! I think he was too scared of Darth Maul to tell him anything!). He would have no clue who 7th Sister is. Plus Darth Maul is pretty cool to look at up close!

First let me just say how awesome it was to finally meet @yulilin3 in person!!! Sorry to fan girl you and sorry I couldn't chat longer as the family was on the run, but thank you soooo much for everything you do for us here!!!

Quick review from the dessert party. We checked in a little late (closer to 7?) and had no problem finding a table (maybe because we were late and people had already moved on to other areas of LB?). Everything we tried was delicious - my son must had eaten 20 fruit sabers - and hubby loved the cheese and olive sabers. DD and I preferred the sweets.

I will agree with everyone that the mixed drinks were much too sweet, and usually I like sweet drinks. The margarita was the most drinkable.

We left around 7:30 for the reserved area, and they were letting people in no problem - in fact, the front row was already full (with adults), which was a bummer since I have 2 kids and am short myself. But we had no trouble seeing from the 2nd row. And boy did that place fill up fast once everyone came out. It was actually more crowded in the reserved area than I expected, but still much better than the crowds outside!

As for the show, it was amazing. The view from the reserved area was perfect, though a bit off center, but we could see everything perfectly. Hubby said he preferred the old fireworks show, but I thought this one was phenomenal.

Would I do it again? Absolutely, for the view alone. Though I'd like to see a different stein offered....not sure what we would do with 4 more Chewie mugs :hyper:

Okay. I would assume that Rogue One tickets should go on sale any day. Is there a link to purchase them for the theatre in Disney Springs?
Also, we were thinking of staying an extra day to do the event on the 17th, but we don't know enough information on it so we may just get tickets and go see the movie one night.
What are your thoughts on this plan? Will there still be some star wars characters out and about or is that just for the ones who pay for the event to see? Will the lines to see the movie when advance ticket purchase has been used still be hours long? Thanks!

Okay. I would assume that Rogue One tickets should go on sale any day. Is there a link to purchase them for the theatre in Disney Springs?
Also, we were thinking of staying an extra day to do the event on the 17th, but we don't know enough information on it so we may just get tickets and go see the movie one night.
What are your thoughts on this plan? Will there still be some star wars characters out and about or is that just for the ones who pay for the event to see? Will the lines to see the movie when advance ticket purchase has been used still be hours long? Thanks!
there's been no news on when the pre sale will start so now I'm thinking it'll be a month on advance, so November 16
Here's the link to AMC 24 at DS https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-t...h/amc-disney-springs-24-with-dine-in-theatres
Not sure what Disney will do if they don't do the special event
For Force Awakens my daughter and I went to the 7pm showing on Thursday (first showing) at the IMAX theater in Citywalk and we lined up hours before. For Rogue One we plan to go too a theater that has assigned seats so we don't have to wait hours. We will most likely go to Regal Cinemas at The Loop

I have a really odd question...we are doing a ppo h&v specivic ally for jta sign ups. Our reservation is fairly late, I believe 8:40? First of all, are all the ppo folks let in at 8, regardless of reservation time?
Secondly, I read on amother thread that earlier this week, ppo people weRE not allowed to sign up pre breakfast. We are honestly fine risking the cancellation fee and just getting in line the morning of for jta...they really can't stop you from doing this, can they? I know they start sign ups a little early, so hoping we could do both regardless, but jta sign ups are the more important of the two.

For Rogue One we plan to go too a theater that has assigned seats so we don't have to wait hours. We will most likely go to Regal Cinemas at The Loop
As always, Thank You! How close is Regal Cinemas to Disney Springs? Assigned seating is a great idea. We are driving so we will have our own transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter