**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Bummer for people who have trips planned and really wanted to see the Star Wars show (again, hate how Disney wants you to plan your trip way out, 180 day ADRs, etc. but then change things up within a month like this) ... I will say that taken in a vacuum this new show does look pretty cool though

I just saw the news. I am so upset. DH and I are HUGE SW fans since the womb and we couldn't wait to see the show :(

I am so upset right now. This was one of the few things I REALLY wanted to see this trip, as I just missed them last December. I'm hoping that they might continue them up to the 14th, as I could catch them a few days before, I arrive on the 9th.

Guys!!!! Did you see this link???? New night time show coming to DHS. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/1...m?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

OMFG.

I am done. I'm just done. I dont want to see Christmas in mid November. I WANT to see Star Wars. For Disney to be making these changes a month before travel is ridiculous. On top of my Dinosaur FP being cancelled because it won't be up on time, and no indication of RoL for November, no msep... after this trip, I'm not going back for awhile.

Oh no!!! I talked up the SWGS to my DH so much it was one of the reasons he wanted to go. I am so disappointed by this, especially with Rogue One coming out. Bad call, Disney!!! >:(:mad::mad:

This is rather disappointing! We were looking forward to the Star Wars event. We are already booked for MMVCP at MK and the Holiday Dine at H&V, which is enough Christmassy stuff for November really. Star Wars would be much more exciting!

I just re read everything and it says that SWaGS is returning December 31st

Awesome! Where did you see that it's for sure coming back? We are hoping to see it week of 1/8.

P.S. So sorry for all those wanting to see it in late November/December. That really sucks. No other way to say it. Wish they'd make these announcements well in advance since they make us plan so far out.

I'm glad that I DIDN'T talk this up with my fam (particularly DH); they'll never know what they missed. But PERSONALLY, I'm disappointed. And, if we do this new dessert party, it would be the first night...no reviews to rely on whether it's "worth it." Plus, I wonder how much it will be...

Awesome! Where did you see that it's for sure coming back? We are hoping to see it week of 1/8.

P.S. So sorry for all those wanting to see it in late November/December. That really sucks. No other way to say it. Wish they'd make these announcements well in advance since they make us plan so far out.
It's on the HUB, the return of SWaGS they are using the show to ring in the New Year

Devastated....We had just changed our ADR to make sure we could do the SWaGS Dessert Party. Does Disney plan things this way just so I have to go back next year too? Hmmm:scratchin

I completely understand people's frustration but it should be kind of expected. Disney has been very slow at updating calendars for the fireworks and DHS is missing holiday entertainment this year without the Osborne lights. This new show helps fill that void. I expect this show to be awesome.

It's on the HUB, the return of SWaGS they are using the show to ring in the New Year

Awesome, thanks!

Quick question - we are planning out our fastpass choices now. We aren't going to do an entire day at HS - only an afternoon and the SWaGS dessert party (hopefully). But we do want to get FPs for our afternoon there because our boys will want to ride TSM for sure. I have 2 afternoon/evenings that I can work this in - either Sunday 1/8 or Monday 1/9. HS has evening EMH on 1/8. Would it be a safe bet that of those 2 dates, the one with evening EMH would be the one most likely to have SWaGS?? I wouldn't care at this point except that I need to pick which day I'm going to be getting FPs at HS! Thanks. :)

Awesome, thanks!

Quick question - we are planning out our fastpass choices now. We aren't going to do an entire day at HS - only an afternoon and the SWaGS dessert party (hopefully). But we do want to get FPs for our afternoon there because our boys will want to ride TSM for sure. I have 2 afternoon/evenings that I can work this in - either Sunday 1/8 or Monday 1/9. HS has evening EMH on 1/8. Would it be a safe bet that of those 2 dates, the one with evening EMH would be the one most likely to have SWaGS?? I wouldn't care at this point except that I need to pick which day I'm going to be getting FPs at HS! Thanks. :)
I think that the entire week following New Years will see SWaGS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter