**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

We went straight to the fireworks area for our rain check last Wednesday. When we got there, there was a couple that had walked over early that was unhappy that they were not being let in yet. Right after we got there, there were a few other groups that walked over early and a couple of other rainchecked groups as well. You could tell who was who because the lanyard colors were different- ours was maroon and the Wednesday night was more purple. It seemed like there may have been some CM discussion debate as to whether they were going to let everyone waiting in early, or make them wait until the Storm Troopers arrived with the others, but I did not hear exactly what was going on- I got the impression (which could be entirely wrong) that one of the CMs wanted to wait until the stormtroopers arrived and another wanted to let the early people in. Ultimately they let the early people in a few minutes before the Storm Troopers arrived with the others. I think it may just depend on who is working the area on any specific night.

I was there that night as well. We left the party a little early to hit the bathroom and I was afraid we'd miss the walk out so we went right over. We got there just a minute before the stormtroopers did and people were jockeying to get in. I thought it was nice they had given people the chance to see the show on another night. I hadn't thought about how they would handle a rain out but that makes sense if it fits into the plan somehow.

Did everything work out as you had hoped?

Thanks to quite possibly the nicest CM on the planet, we were able to get rainchecked to see fireworks last Wednesday night. My DD was thrilled! They were absolutely every bit as spectacular as I had imagined and a highlight of our trip. I absolutely would take a risk on the dessert party again because having that spot (along with the freeze fried nutella and lightspeed margaritas) was definitely worth it.

They actually were missing our name on the rain check list, but they wrote our name down and let us in no problem. DD got her Chewie stein. And as quoted above, it was absolutely fabulous and I am very thankful for the CM who helped us and gave us the raincheck option!

Okay. How does this look? Did I get the party times correct for if they change closing to 8PM? Thank you SO SO much for all of your help :)

Arrive before Rope Drop 8AM
JTA Sign-ups (ROPE DROP)9AM-930AM
Rocking Roller Coaster (xtra FP from JTA?)10AM
QUICK SERVICE 10:30
Tower of Terror (FASTPASS)11AM
Toy story Midway Mania (FASTPASS)12PM
Star Tours (FASTPASS)1PM
Explore - Get more Fast passes?
H&V 3:20
Dessert Party 645
Leave for viewing area 20 minutes early
Fireworks/closing 8PM

Okay. How does this look? Did I get the party times correct for if they change closing to 8PM? Thank you SO SO much for all of your help :)

Star Tours (FASTPASS)1PM
Dessert Party 645
Fireworks/closing 8PM
it looks good, the only thing now is wait for the show time

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but why are they giving extra FP at JTA sign-ups?
no explanation other than the wait to sign up can be anywhere from several minutes to half an hour or more on busier days. Like I said this is something that started a couple of months ago and they can take it away so don't expect to get a fp

no explanation other than the wait to sign up can be anywhere from several minutes to half an hour or more on busier days. Like I said this is something that started a couple of months ago and they can take it away so don't expect to get a fp
Thanks for explaining!

So sorry your daughter didn't get to see them on her birthday!

Thanks to quite possibly the nicest CM on the planet, we were able to get rainchecked to see fireworks last Wednesday night. My DD was thrilled! They were absolutely every bit as spectacular as I had imagined and a highlight of our trip. I absolutely would take a risk on the dessert party again because having that spot (along with the freeze fried nutella and lightspeed margaritas) was definitely worth it.

So glad you got to see the show. We were really sad it was cancelled on our last night. We won't be back to Disney for a couple years (if I can stand it) to give my wallet a break. The rest of her birthday was great - the end of it was a very very wet bummer.

Star Tours (FASTPASS)1PM
Dessert Party 645
Fireworks/closing 8PM
Wow! That sounds SO close to our plan for Studios! We'll be there 10/25, so unfortunately no FW, but our H&V is a Fantasmic package for Minnie's Seasonal Dine.

For those close by there is a book signing for the Ahsoka Tano book,Ashley will be there at Barnes and noble in colonial dr Orlando FL today at 7pm. another obe will be at Disney Springs this Friday at 4p
4pm

Just spoke to a phone cast member (admittedly hit or miss with reliable info) about another matter and asked about schedule for fireworks.

They said they had 'just asked for another guest and were Told it is now seasonal'. She didn't expect anything else for the rest of the year 'unless something changes'.

I feel like they are wrong. At least I hope so. But just thought I'd report that Intel.

Just spoke to a phone cast member (admittedly hit or miss with reliable info) about another matter and asked about schedule for fireworks.

They said they had 'just asked for another guest and were Told it is now seasonal'. She didn't expect anything else for the rest of the year 'unless something changes'.

I feel like they are wrong. At least I hope so. But just thought I'd report that Intel.
Oh no! I really hope someone is just misinformed. We were hoping to do the dessert party in January on my birthday!

unfortunately this is always a possibility, especially how things have been lately

We are hoping for dessert party in January too. I love Disney's logic: You have to plan out your dining 6 months in advance, and your attraction plans 2 months in advance, but we have no clue if we're gonna offer something that may affect said planning until about a month in advance.

Makes sense....yes?

Also if they take this away I will likely skip HS all together in January. Why bother?? There's only like 3 other attractions that are even worth worrying about right now in the entire park.

Even if it's seasonal I can't see how they wouldn't have it for the thanksgiving and Christmas crowds so it's definitely not done for the rest of the year.

That's what I commented to the cast member. Why have it during the fall and then not during the busiest weeks of the year? Especially with DHS' current transitional condition with much of the park closed.

She said that she'd pass along my concerns and maybe they would take it into consideration.

That's what I commented to the cast member. Why have it during the fall and then not during the busiest weeks of the year? Especially with DHS' current transitional condition with much of the park closed.

She said that she'd pass along my concerns and maybe they would take it into consideration.
My guess is she has no idea what they are doing.

Even if it's seasonal I can't see how they wouldn't have it for the thanksgiving and Christmas crowds so it's definitely not done for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I can't imagine them taking something major away right before the busiest time of the year (cough, cough, MSEP, cough, cough).

Still though, I tend to agree this is one misinformed cm. Not that I know anything, I've just learned a lot by reading your threads and these boards (as well as another site or two) like crazy. They just built the new launch site and DHS is in a pretty sorry state right now. PLUS Rogue One will be coming out here in a couple months so they'll want to keep up the marketing and excitement for that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter