**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Well, I'm not sure we'll be able to see the SW show / fireworks. We have a Club Villain reservation for 5:15 at Sunset Blvd (near RnRC). It lasts 2 hours, and for some strange reason the SW fireworks is super early on Oct 8 (at 7:30), so by time we get out of the building we will have 5-10 minutes to make it to the SW fireworks. What would be your strategy?
walk down Sunset Blvd, and head towards the Brown Derby , take the walkway that crosses the viewing area and see if there are any spots in front of Center Stage, if it's completely packed then head towards the Chinese Theater and hang right in front of it, , you'll get a good view of the main projections and fireworks, there's usually not a lot of people there so you can move around to improve the fireworks viewing. Good luck
BTW your username? are you from Venezuela by any chance?

walk down Sunset Blvd, and head towards the Brown Derby , take the walkway that crosses the viewing area and see if there are any spots in front of Center Stage, if it's completely packed then head towards the Chinese Theater and hang right in front of it, , you'll get a good view of the main projections and fireworks, there's usually not a lot of people there so you can move around to improve the fireworks viewing. Good luck
BTW your username? are you from Venezuela by any chance?
thank you! I'm going to follow your directions exactly and report back. BTW, I'm a boricua that loves red wine!

Ok. So no fireworks on our DHS night so I've got to figure out if I can eat at Via Napoli (party of 2) for our 6:30 ADR and then somehow get to DHS in time to watch the show. I'm going to keep trying for an earlier ADR but with F&W I'n hopeful. My other option is adding a park day and go on the 15th which our arrival day. We were not planning on going to a park since we have to get up so early to get on the road.

What say the experts? Will we have time to make it with after eating at Via, or should I add the extra day? Also, how difficult is it to add the day once I get there?

This has definitely upset our planning! We our HS night was Thursday 12/22. So, do we hold out hope this will end up being a party night or start trying to re-do our days? Of course, the reservations I currently have are not available on the days I would need to switch them to :(

This has definitely upset our planning! We our HS night was Thursday 12/22. So, do we hold out hope this will end up being a party night or start trying to re-do our days? Of course, the reservations I currently have are not available on the days I would need to switch them to :(

this must be so frustrating. i would have been so mad if this happened when we went. all that time scheduling and planning and then bam! roadblock thrown by Disney.

this must be so frustrating. i would have been so mad if this happened when we went. all that time scheduling and planning and then bam! roadblock thrown by Disney.

I came up with the bright idea to just buy park hoppers-but then I remembered that the reason why I didn't get them in the first place was because I was counting on spending the whole day/night in AK to see ROL which is also up in the air! I guess I can get them anyway and just park hop at night from AK to HS and then from HS to AK if ROL is announced-this will be a very confusing trip!!

No fireworks on my DHS night either! Beyond frustrating for us too since our ADR's are made for Thursday along with fastpass. Tried changing the ADR....nothing's available for my party of nine. We are going to have three disappointed boys when they find out. I am hoping we can trade with the Jawas as an extra special event since I'm not sure I want to add an extra day so we can go another time. We'll still have an amazing family reunion just not as much Star Wars as we thought. I keep thinking Star Wars Land!

How do you know if there are Star Wars fireworks on a given night? I only see current day on app

Just attended the dessert party last night, Friday 9/2 and it was great! I got most of my tips from this thread, so I wanted to thank everyone who contributed. We checked in for the party at 7pm and were told that it would start around 7:15. We grabbed a table next to the benches and had the best of both worlds, sitting and standing! The party opened up right at 7:15. We enjoyed many plates of desserts and appetizers, and doubled up on the alcoholic drinks each trip back up! We also took a to-go cup full of the yummy drinks outside for the show! We walked out at 8:15 just ahead of the crowd and enjoyed an amazing view from the front of the reserved area. So, again, thank you all for the tips!

How do you know if there are Star Wars fireworks on a given night? I only see current day on app

I went to Disney site and looked for park hours during the week I am there. They added the park closings and the firework times the days available.

I see the Dessert party schedule has been updated for October but I've checked my date (and every other date) and nothing's available. Anyone on here get a reservation or are they technically not "open" or not taking them quite yet?

Maybe management is still debating whether to increase or decrease
I see the Dessert party schedule has been updated for October but I've checked my date (and every other date) and nothing's available. Anyone on here get a reservation or are they technically not "open" or not taking them quite yet?

Ohh! That's a good step! It seems that this step always occurs where you see the date as blue but no availability.

I honestly think that they will have the show every night for the last 3 weeks of December, the crowds start arriving around the 21st. I would hold on on rearranging things right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter