**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Question about Jedi Training. We have a PPO reservation at Hollywood and Vine for 8am on September 13th. On crowd calendars it is predicting very low attendance. Do you think I can arrive at rope drop and sign my boys up for JT or should I stick with the dining reservation to be ahead? My boys have near done JT and really want to, but we are only going to H&V for JT.

As long as you don't NEED to be in a specific show (first of the day or something), and you will be fine! BUT - also realize that you will be saving money - but not much time. You still need to be in line at 8:30 and you may still have a line for sign ups - so while it could mean you are done by 8:50 if they open early / it also could be 9:30.

We did walk up, not PPO and we were fine - but make sure you are okay with those things.

When Launch Bay debuted at Disneyland, the character meet and greet locations (Chewie, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett) had trading cards (for a lack of a better description). The Chewie one had an Aurebesh De-Coder on the back (which was useful for reading some of the signage around Launch Bay) and the others were just informational. They haven't gotten one for Kylo Ren. Does DHS have these cards and if so, do the have one for Kylo Ren?

When Launch Bay debuted at Disneyland, the character meet and greet locations (Chewie, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett) had trading cards (for a lack of a better description). The Chewie one had an Aurebesh De-Coder on the back (which was useful for reading some of the signage around Launch Bay) and the others were just informational. They haven't gotten one for Kylo Ren. Does DHS have these cards and if so, do the have one for Kylo Ren?
They never had any cards here.

They never had any cards here.

This also must have been for a limited time at DL... when we visited and met Chewie they didn't have them. :(

Question about Jedi Training. We have a PPO reservation at Hollywood and Vine for 8am on September 13th. On crowd calendars it is predicting very low attendance. Do you think I can arrive at rope drop and sign my boys up for JT or should I stick with the dining reservation to be ahead? My boys have near done JT and really want to, but we are only going to H&V for JT.

Hey will be be there same morning. Have three to sign up. I dropped our breakfast in favor of dessert party. We plan to arrive by 8:15.

Our trip was the end of July and my son got that card from Chewie it was his birthday. They made a pretty big deal of it being special, so I am guessing they do hand them out occasionally. He carried it the whole trip and a couple people commented on it.

Must be people cancelling for tomorrow nights party my friend tried to book last week and said it was full but there is availability now.

Any suggestions on the best time of day to meet Chewie without a long wait? We're first timers and going to be at DHS on 12.17 and he is a MUST for us!

Also, we plan to sign up for jedi training first thing...are the morning times or afternoon times preferrable? Or does it make a difference? This is my son's first time and 5th birthday surprise trip...is there anything we can do or say to make sure he is picked? Or is everyone who signs up "picked?"

Last edited:
Still Jakku with the hologram still being BB8...I also wish they would put them in the rotation

The last time I was at DL, was either late May or early June (right before my pass was blocked out) and amusingly, ST there HAS gone back to random! Still not managed to be the Rebel Spy. :sad:

Any suggestions on the best time of day to meet Chewie without a long wait? We're first timers and going to be at DHS on 12.17 and he is a MUST for us!

Also, we plan to sign up for jedi training first thing...are the morning times or afternoon times preferrable? Or does it make a difference? This is my son's first time and 5th birthday surprise trip...is there anything we can do or say to make sure he is picked? Or is everyone who signs up "picked?"

Everyone who signs up gets to wear a Jedi robe and be trained in the the art! As for time of day - it's all about what works for your day. When do you have FP, what do you want to do in the evening, and most importantly - the weather!!!

If this is important - the most crucial thing is the weather. It is cancelled if it rains so avoid the rain hours.

In the evening slot (s) - the light sabers are turned on and glow - this is a bonus feature for sure IF this time works for you and the weather! Obviously with SW Fireworks this may force you to pick evening activities - I don't think JTA with lights trumps other evening plans.

Lastly - definitely get there early to participate in your choice!!

Best time of day for the characters at LB would be in the morning or late at night. The line is usually anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes
JT whatever fits beat for you but keep the weather in mind, so I would look at the hourly forecast the day of, so you don't get canceled.
The last time I was at DL, was either late May or early June (right before my pass was blocked out) and amusingly, ST there HAS gone back to random! Still not managed to be the Rebel Spy. :sad:
Going on Sunday if it's not raining, I have a fp for st, and I'll ask if it's still fixed.
I may have asked the cm one time if I could be the rebel spy and I was. It's not the same as getting it random though.

I set an alarm yesterday to be sure and grab a pic of the radar at the moment that SWaGS was going on. I heard (from my house) the booms of the fireworks so I'm pretty sure the show went on. I also know for a fact that they did Wishes at MK cause I saw a livestream of it. For those wondering about rain cancellations. It would be great if someone was there last night and could report back just to be sure. The storm was moving north-east so Disney (Lake Buena Vista) was about to get hit with the yellow part
14199744_10210553865788655_8810674829798886001_n.jpg

my son has been rebel spy twice - once randomly 2 years ago and this past trip when we did EMM and it was just the 3 of us in the car. :crowded: oh and my hubby was "that guy" 2 years ago at MI Laugh floor. he has a blast!
My daughter doesn't count me asking as me being the Rebel Spy ;)
We stalked Star Tours when it get down for refurb to be transformed into what it now is. We were there the first day they did soft opening, and on our very first flight in the brand new ST my daughter was the Rebel Spy. She's very proud of that.
I wish they had a free button to give out to every Rebel Spy, that would be super cool

My daughter doesn't count me asking as me being the Rebel Spy ;)
We stalked Star Tours when it get down for refurb to be transformed into what it now is. We were there the first day they did soft opening, and on our very first flight in the brand new ST my daughter was the Rebel Spy. She's very proud of that.
I wish they had a free button to give out to every Rebel Spy, that would be super cool

they should! hubby got a fun sticker that says "I was that guy" which I put in our vacation diary.

Sorry if already been posted

Theme Park Tourist reporting that SWaGS is done Oct 1. Is this the general feeling on this thread????? Or has disney just not updated schedule yet???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter