• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

so there wasn't an announcement over the speakers saying something like "due to inclement weather this presentation has been cancelled"?

The announcement was "Ladies and Gentleman, the fireworks are canceled. Have a great evening". No reason, no apology.

over loud speaker or from center stage? that's strange
I really don't know - it sounded like over the loud speaker. It was very odd. I was at Epcot during the food and wine 1/2 (the night the storm was so bad the waiting runners had to be corralled into Espn buildings for shelter) and Disney announced a delay for Illuminations but it did eventually go on. This was not a weather issue.

Jedi Training is 3 to 12 but if he's too young depends on you, you know him best. He will have to take instruction, listen to the Jedi master and padawan and then fight either Vader or the 7th Sister.
You sign up at the Indiana Jones store next to 50s Prime Time, you should sign up first thing in the morning to guarantee a spot.

This is the best point ever. My son was almost 5 for our last family trip for SWW last June and after watching some videos of Jedi Training he said he didn't want to participate and I didn't push it. I was worried he'd chicken out once he was up there or not follow instructions. Now he's 5.5 and really wants to participate so it will be a priority for us on our next trip. In hindsight I'm glad we spent our SWW time doing other things as JTA is still there for him to participate in and I think he's much more emotionally mature for it now. So it really depends on your child.

This is the best point ever. My son was almost 5 for our last family trip for SWW last June and after watching some videos of Jedi Training he said he didn't want to participate and I didn't push it. I was worried he'd chicken out once he was up there or not follow instructions. Now he's 5.5 and really wants to participate so it will be a priority for us on our next trip. In hindsight I'm glad we spent our SWW time doing other things as JTA is still there for him to participate in and I think he's much more emotionally mature for it now. So it really depends on your child.
I couldn't agree more! A couple weeks ago, we were watching the show and just prior to it starting, there was a little girl around 4 or 5 who was just sobbing when it came time to go on the stage. The cast members tried to calm her down, but she was having none of it. The father came over to try to help, but by this time, she was inconsolable. The dad finally gave up and took his daughter away. You know your child best. Wait until you think they're ready. :)

Jedi Training is 3 to 12 but if he's too young depends on you, you know him best. He will have to take instruction, listen to the Jedi master and padawan and then fight either Vader or the 7th Sister.
You sign up at the Indiana Jones store next to 50s Prime Time, you should sign up first thing in the morning to guarantee a spot.

I think you have to be 4 years old, not 3. My younger DS had recently turned 4 when he did this a few years ago and if it wasn't for the fact that his older brother was doing it, I don't think he would've done it in a million years.

That sucks that the fireworks were cancelled last night. I remember a few years ago coming out of Le Cellier at Epcot and there was a horrible thunderstorm and it was insanely windy. Well, we finally decided to just go for it and walk back to the Beach Club and to our shock, Illuminations was going on. So, it probably takes a lot for them to cancel the night time shows if they're weather related.

I think you have to be 4 years old, not 3. My younger DS had recently turned 4 when he did this a few years ago and if it wasn't for the fact that his older brother was doing it, I don't think he would've done it in a million years.

That sucks that the fireworks were cancelled last night. I remember a few years ago coming out of Le Cellier at Epcot and there was a horrible thunderstorm and it was insanely windy. Well, we finally decided to just go for it and walk back to the Beach Club and to our shock, Illuminations was going on. So, it probably takes a lot for them to cancel the night time shows if they're weather related.
You're right, it's 4 to 12, fat fingers on a small phone keyboard

Just saw this on Twitter...

"IGER: Breaking ground on Star Wars Land “later this year” at DL & WDW $DIS"

https://twitter.com/TheDCLBlog/status/697179778697334784

Assume this is from an earnings call??

ETA: Yup - earnings call; corroborated here: http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2016/02/09/disney-earnings-live-blog-4/

"17:06
They will break ground on the Star Wars Lands in California and Florida later this year."

Iger teasing us... "IGER: "breaking ground soon" on Star Wars land $DIS" https://twitter.com/TheDCLBlog/status/697185558980857856

Last edited:
There wasn't any inclement weather. Last night was probably the least windy it's been. It was a gorgeous night.

Exactly! I was really surprised that it was cancelled. Yet Illuminations went on as planned (we could see from our condo @ WBC.)
Today was way windier - I thought they'd get cancelled again, but was pleasantly surprised that they didn't! It's a fantastic show! I'm so glad we got to see it after all!

Will anyone from this thread be experiencing Launch Bay and anything else at DHS next Thursday? I'm doing a solo trip to run the Princess 5K on Friday morning, but am planning an afternoon and evening at Hollywood Studios on Thursday, 2/18. I'm so grateful for this thread that has helped keep us updated on the Star Wars related events (new and old) taking place and am whole heartedly looking forward to hugging Chewbacca again.

Will anyone from this thread be experiencing Launch Bay and anything else at DHS next Thursday? I'm doing a solo trip to run the Princess 5K on Friday morning, but am planning an afternoon and evening at Hollywood Studios on Thursday, 2/18. I'm so grateful for this thread that has helped keep us updated on the Star Wars related events (new and old) taking place and am whole heartedly looking forward to hugging Chewbacca again.

No one is listed on the SithS roll call for the fireworks dessert party. Hopefully, someone is going to be there though. Here's the link in case some updates before then. Have fun.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/siths-star-wars-dessert-party-roll-call-2016.3466905/#post-54808651

I'm still not seeing any times for Symphony in the Stars for my dates I'm down (2/29-3/2). Yet dessert party reservations are available through march. So should i have no concerns?

Is there some place to look for the schedule for the Star Wars fireworks? We will be down 2/27 - 3/5 and would like to see them. Thanks.

ETA: I found the answer, thanks & excited to know we will get too see them the last night of our trip...sounds like a good way to end the week.

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing any times for Symphony in the Stars for my dates I'm down (2/29-3/2). Yet dessert party reservations are available through march. So should i have no concerns?

Is there some place to look for the schedule for the Star Wars fireworks? We will be down 2/27 - 3/5 and would like to see them. Thanks.

ETA: I found the answer, thanks & excited to know we will get too see them the last night of our trip...sounds like a good way to end the week.

They are not posted yet for February or March on Disney's site. However, the dessert party is listed at 7pm from 2/27-3/5, which means the fireworks will be at 8pm.

They are not posted yet for February or March on Disney's site. However, the dessert party is listed at 7pm from 2/27-3/5, which means the fireworks will be at 8pm.
hmm, but park closing says 7pm for 3/1 (the night i want to see the fireworks) so wouldnt they actually be at 7? Or do you think park hours will change?

hmm, but park closing says 7pm for 3/1 (the night i want to see the fireworks) so wouldnt they actually be at 7? Or do you think park hours will change?

The park schedule for March has not yet been updated. It will change at some point. The dessert party is listed for 7pm on MDE for 2/27-3/5. The fireworks are an hour later, so they will be at 8pm.

Thanks guys, good tips....

I think I will let him watch a video and see what he says, although id love for him to be involved or participating for my own interests - his smile is more important ...
If he decides not to, im pretty sure he'd have fun just watching the other kids just as much

Thanks guys, good tips....

I think I will let him watch a video and see what he says, although id love for him to be involved or participating for my own interests - his smile is more important ...
If he decides not to, im pretty sure he'd have fun just watching the other kids just as much

Personally, if there's even a chance he'll do it, I'd go first thing and sign him up for a show later in the day. Then you can watch an earlier show and he can decide. If you wait til after watching a show it will likely be too late to get a spot. If you sign him up and he decides NOT to do it, they'll just give his spot to someone on the wait list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter