**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

parking lot at DHS is at capacity, everyone is being sent to AK, I'm still at the house and thinking of ways to not park at AK. Hopefully the Boardwalk overflow parking lot is open to guest

I think Boardwalk is charging for parking unless their testing period is over.

Handicap parking at DHS is still allowed entry, but they are parking them in the regular lot. So long walk if can't get on the tram.

Handicap parking at DHS is still allowed entry, but they are parking them in the regular lot. So long walk if can't get on the tram.
I wonder if I show them the dessert party ressie if they would let me in

The park hours will likely change, you are never funneled to outside of the park after F!, you can be funneled to the front of the park but it's still inside the park. Which day are you coming?

We'll be there on February 1st. My apologies, the last time we saw Fantasmic, which was several years ago (I think our daughter was about 9-10, and she's 18 yo now), it seems as if we went out an exit on the upper right side, which opened onto the parking lot, but I could be mistaken. I take a medication that confuses memories.

I think I saw that the charging test was a rumor, unless they tried to charge you. Someone contacted Disney, and they said no charging or charging tests. Plus, no one could actually confirm that it happened to them.

I think I saw that the charging test was a rumor, unless they tried to charge you. Someone contacted Disney, and they said no charging or charging tests. Plus, no one could actually confirm that it happened to them.

We are staying on site right now. We have a handicap placard for ds, otherwise wouldn't have known about that parking at dhs.

I hadn't heard confirmation or 1st hand reports either.

We'll be there on February 1st. My apologies, the last time we saw Fantasmic, which was several years ago (I think our daughter was about 9-10, and she's 18 yo now), it seems as if we went out an exit on the upper right side, which opened onto the parking lot, but I could be mistaken. I take a medication that confuses memories.
you might have been confused about where it exited, the upper exit from F! takes you to the restrooms by the entrance. I'm sure the park hours for Feb. will change

you might have been confused about where it exited, the upper exit from F! takes you to the restrooms by the entrance. I'm sure the park hours for Feb. will change
Yes, I'm sure I've got it all mixed up. Thanks for untangling it for me!

if Rey had never been on 'the' island why did she think/ dream about it (as extracted by kylo)?
I don't think she's been there, student or not. I think that is where Luke went after Kylo happened, not where he was training. Otherwise wouldn't they have looked for him there? I think it was a force vision, and perhaps because it was a force vision, Kylo picked up on it?

Semi-related, I assumed the voices in her lightsaber vision where potential force ghosts for future movies. Perhaps clues to her origin and/or future, or just classic favorites.

Hmm... maybe they'll replace Illuminations with the Frozen Summer Fireworks sing along... :D

"And all the children of the world shall come together and sing "let it go"
LOL, but noes!

If you want to be traumatized forever, watch the first season of Girls on HBO. That was where I had my first exposure--and trust, it was waay, waaaaay too much exposure--to Adam Driver. It will forever change the way you see little Ben Solo in the Star Wars saga.
**Note, I only watched the first season of Girls before I couldn't take it anymore, so he may be in later seasons as well.

As an update to an earlier post...I did receive my copy of the making of the Empire Strikes Back book. I got it for $11ish on eBay. While there are some interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits, I'm having problems making it through it. Mark Hamill is painted as the nicest guy and hardest worker in showbiz, Harrison Ford has the role of the most professional but also the most aloof, and Carrie Fisher is portrayed as a bratty prima donna who is a drama monger. I'd say it's interesting enough that anyone on this thread should consider it a must-read. Once I finish, I'm willing to pass it around if anyone is interested in borrowing it.
Ha! I haven't seen much but happen to know what you are talking about. I agree; didn't care for the couple of episodes I saw, and so I had a hard time accepting him. I can watch him now though. I thought he did a nice job in TFA.

And I might take you up on that offer. First I will see if I can get n inter library loan though. Thanks for the offer!

If you want to be traumatized forever, watch the first season of Girls on HBO. That was where I had my first exposure--and trust, it was waay, waaaaay too much exposure--to Adam Driver. It will forever change the way you see little Ben Solo in the Star Wars saga.
**Note, I only watched the first season of Girls before I couldn't take it anymore, so he may be in later seasons as well.

Funny -- I tried watching the first couple of episodes of Girls way back when and honestly just couldn't take it -- just not entertaining to me at all. Knowing that he was associated with that show, when I heard Driver was cast in this film, I did NOT have high hopes. I went with an open mind, though, and actually thought he did a really good job with the role. Whether you like the character or not, I don't think it's his acting that was a problem.

...or is it too much? LOL. As a 30 year old single female, my liking the new villain who has a face and not just a Vader helmet may be skewed. I have been told to watch Girls by a lot of friends though. They say it is our generations version of Sex and the City. Maybe this will be what gives me that kick.

Can't wait to hear about that dessert party! And hoping it will not rain on us on Sunday...

We're at DHS, signs everywhere that the parking lot was closed, decided to try the larger entrance coming off of 192 and they let us in, no problem, so now we know

Good to know. We're heading to DHS now. I'm hoping I don't regret cancelling our dessert for tonight.

...or is it too much? LOL. As a 30 year old single female, my liking the new villain who has a face and not just a Vader helmet may be skewed. I have been told to watch Girls by a lot of friends though. They say it is our generations version of Sex and the City. Maybe this will be what gives me that kick.

Lol! Well, it may be bc I'm 10yrs older, but I don't think Girls is even in SitC's league. But again... Probably 'cause I'm too old!! :)

I am so excited to read your review! :goodvibes I'll be there next week, so if I am canceling the dessert party need to asap.
HAVE FUN!

Checked in and ready to go. About 15 people in front of us, plain blue plastic wristband with a tab that detaches to get The Chewie Stein at the end.
Dance party going on with the rare characters...Genie, Bolt, White Rabbit and Robin Hood
Have fun! Excited for you two!!

Yep it's the domed theater Omnimax. Our local one is pretty good about showing the really huge releases. SW always qualifies. Now if only they show the marathon on it next years I'm set.

So, a friend just decided to join us on March 2nd for the Fireworks dessert party. Yesterday there were tickets, but today there aren't! If anyone knows of a cancellation, could you please message me? We would really love to go together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter