**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So, is it comparable to Allegiant? Frontier now flies MCO > San Diego but I was hesitant to book it. The fare was comparable to United and American.

Not at all - I will not fly allegiant or spirit. Their seat set up, leg room, etc etc is all wacky. Frontier is more physically comparable to SW, just no free bags or drinks (or that nifty ability to rebook). If the fare was comparable to American, I'd probably take that due to the free carry on and drinks/snacks.

Wow. Just wow. Frontier has a nonstop flight between St. Louis and Orlando for substantially cheaper than SW. They don't have flights in May loaded in yet, but if those fares are the same, I could save quite a bit and have assigned seating. What kind of reputation does Frontier have as far as service, flight times, lost baggage and such? That's worth something, too.

I fly with Frontier probably 4x a year to MCO, Mexico, etc. My flight was delayed in MCO once maybe 20-30 minutes, I've gotten free tv usage, drinks, bags. The leg room is pretty much the same as United. I have never had a problem and been pretty pleased with them. They fly 2-3 flights to MCO every day from here, but in some cities they are smaller and may not have flights every day, so for rebooking that could be a problem. I am also near clinically paranoid over my luggage being lost, but I feel very comfortable flying with them.

I honestly have many more problems with United, consistently (I had to call a foreign airline myself to confirm portions of my flight segment because United couldn't figure out how to and was going to cancel my flight; my flight to Munich was cancelled while at the airport and there was an argument between the gate agent who could see my bag on the tarmack and the phone agent who claimed my bag was in Newark...it is a white bag btw, pretty noticeable). But that's it, all airlines have problems all the time. The question is just will you be the one affected today.

But that's it, all airlines have problems all the time. The question is just will you be the one affected today.

I agree, but sometimes how they are able to handle that problem depends on the airline. For instance, Southwest doesn't have codeshare agreements so if your flight is cancelled, they won't accommodate you on another carrier. Or some smaller carriers may only have 1-2 flight times a day where the majors may have more or be able to route you through more alternative routes. Frontier doesn't have codeshare with any of the majors either.

Alright getting back on track here. I am getting a bunch of notifications from BB-8 that I have new holographic messages. Except when I get them, I am at work sans BB-8, and then I forget! Has anyone checked theirs? I am assuming they are movie related...

Alright getting back on track here. I am getting a bunch of notifications from BB-8 that I have new holographic messages. Except when I get them, I am at work sans BB-8, and then I forget! Has anyone checked theirs? I am assuming they are movie related...

The one from C3PO had nothing to do with the movie, he blabbered on like he always does. The other one was from R2 and he spilled the entire Episode VII plot and what the deal is with Luke. He said:

beepbeepbloopbeepwhistlewhistlebeepwhistlebloopwhistlebeep...wwwwwwaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

The one from C3PO had nothing to do with the movie, he blabbered on like he always does. The other one was from R2 and he spilled the entire Episode VII plot and what the deal is with Luke. He said:

Rant deleted about BB-8 blowing the storyline because I didn't want to click on the spoiler... only to find that quoting your message revealed the spoiler... :P

I sure hope it's good news! I just book yacht club for 2 May weekends...really for 9 nights but the plan would be to break the reservation in two later and add a couple of nights at universal to take DS to Harry Potter.ds hasn't stayed at a deluxe yet, wanted to be able to walk to HS and the awesome pool for midday breaks.

We haven't done a big Disney vacation for a few years...lots of quick weekend trips. So this will be our big blowout trip. I "might" go a little overboard on this one especially since I don't think my landscaping is going to cost as much as I had previously though...so extra bonus money to spend!

Has anyone looked at the recent WDW crowd calendar analysis on Touring Plans blog? They are saying that crowds are much heavier than anticipated at DHS. I guess it's not really becoming that unpopular yet, even though a lot of the stuff that's going to close seems to have done so already. There's obviously more closures and walls for the park, but maybe this bodes well during the construction. I would hate for it to become a ghost town.

Has anyone looked at the recent WDW crowd calendar analysis on Touring Plans blog? They are saying that crowds are much heavier than anticipated at DHS. I guess it's not really becoming that unpopular yet, even though a lot of the stuff that's going to close seems to have done so already. There's obviously more closures and walls for the park, but maybe this bodes well during the construction. I would hate for it to become a ghost town.
The stuff that we go to DHS for is still there... TSMM, star tours, RnRC, ToT, Prime Time Cafe... We'll still be there!! :)

I haven't read their post, but based on what I know about their methodology, they base their crowd predictions on wait times. With less to do in the park, the few rides and attractions that are open have to carry a heavier load even if fewer people overall visit DHS. When we were there last week, DHS didn't feel crowded to me at all, but the wait times on everything wasn't great. When rides like RNR and ToT go down, then a ride like Star Tours gets overwhelmed easily even though it has a monster capacity.

I seriously doubt that people will completely stop going to DHS, everyone on this board is in the know or are learning about what it takes to plan a Disney trip but for every 1 DISser there is an entire family that doesn't plan and just wings it.
The biggest problem they have had was closing Backlot Tour, that attraction took a lot of people in and with it being that close to TSMM it was always a good choice for people when they didn't want to wait an hour for TSMM, now there isn't any big capacity attraction other than LMA and F!
3 big crowd pleasers are at DHS, TSMM, RnRC and ToT, combine that with ST the shows and the Citizens of Hollywood and it's still a good option for one day

Omg I am laughing so hard right now. I got a call in response to my SWW email I sent a few days ago. The girl is really nice, I think she is the person assigned to handle all of these so most of us have probably talked to her. I picked her brain as much as I could and found out the following:

1. She is a vip tour guide during SWW. She said she usually finds out who the celebrities are in Feb/March.
2. Their internal computer and notes also say coming summer 2016 and she says that was updated from a few weeks ago (so I guess that would make those emails everyone received make sense).
3. There is some buzz WDW launch bay may open a little early.
4. And this is why I was laughing...she totes called us out guys! She said there are rumors floating around on blogs and message groups about cancellation but those were not given to them. She also specifically brought up EMH calendars for HS and people posting that those meant no SWW and how that was bunk, basically. I think her word was silly? I was trying not to lol.
5. SOTF shows in their computers as "winter" and her guess is it would be the most helpful to them if they can get it up and running by the holidays. I heard her typing when she looked this up, and she confirmed the DL start date and said WDW still just says winter.
6. As per other reports, in her general tone she never talked about them limiting SWW. She did make multiple references to expanding, though. Specifically, more weekends and when in summer it would occur. Even in a non-official capacity, I found this interesting.

I left out most of the stuff we have already heard a bunch of times like how they have received a ton of emails, they are fans too, etc. In other news, I am pretty sure WDW guest communications knows my screenname and has me on file now. Let's hope they never shove me in the disney jail. I have been frustrated with more or less canned responses to us lately, but she did seem more candid with me than others have been and I still feel pretty confident SWW will happen. I did feel a little bad because I was dissappointed (and it sounded that way) with still no news, and she was so nice trying to give me hope...a new hope. (ba-dum-bum)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter