**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm heading to Disney in Nov/Dec and they have changed the EMH listings at least twice for that trip. I had a Crystal Palace breakfast set for 8 am....because park opened at 9am....well it was changed and now opens at 8am.....ruining my hope of getting some Main Street photos nearly empty....so I cancelled Crystal Palace. On another date I was planning to leave DHS late afternoon and have dinner with some friends.....they added an evening EMH, so I had to switch dinner dates, lol. They may have changed other dates but I didn't have plans that effected it.

So, I'm saying that EMH has been very fluid this year....because others are talking about their plans being "ruined" by changing EMH.

All we're saying is that for years now, the single earliest indicator of when SWW will be held in the last few years has come when the first May calendars are published and DHS's EMHs are moved around. This is the first time since at least 2011 (and possibly before) that the first version of the May calendar was published without EMH being moved. Which could mean something. Or not.

I would not be surprised at all if they moved SWW to late summer/early fall. No matter what people say, once most schools in the country are in session starting about the 3rd week of August, Disney becomes a dead zone for a few weeks. When you have 20 minute waits for TSMM in the middle of the day, you know there aren't a whole lot of people in the parks, no matter how many people declare there are no longer any slow times at Disney. Mid August to Mid-September is definitely the lowest crowd time of the year and I wouldn't be shocked if they moved SWW to then. I got a post-SWW survey this year and one of the questions was "Did you come to Disney just for SWW?"

All we're saying is that for years now, the single earliest indicator of when SWW will be held in the last few years has come when the first May calendars are published and DHS's EMHs are moved around. This is the first time since at least 2011 (and possibly before) that the first version of the May calendar was published without EMH being moved. Which could mean something. Or not.

I would not be surprised at all if they moved SWW to late summer/early fall. No matter what people say, once most schools in the country are in session starting about the 3rd week of August, Disney becomes a dead zone for a few weeks. When you have 20 minute waits for TSMM in the middle of the day, you know there aren't a whole lot of people in the parks, no matter how many people declare there are no longer any slow times at Disney. Mid August to Mid-September is definitely the lowest crowd time of the year and I wouldn't be shocked if they moved SWW to then. I got a post-SWW survey this year and one of the questions was "Did you come to Disney just for SWW?"

I think it's last week of August to mid Sept that's slow. And by then, MNSSHP gets going. Seems like a tighter squeeze to me than May-Jun. But who knows at this point?!?

Seeing as how our yearly trip next year is going to be mid August I hope your right! We had an amazing time at SWW this past May but I didn't want to take my son out of school next year so we chose mid August.

I'll be honest, it seems like a rogue CM going off the website to me. Especially since he attached the website.

I'm not convinced it's not happening, I just think it's weird that Disney would tell one random CM but not all the others who have been getting that same question.

Wasn't there a different poster who also said they got an email like this saying yes SWW? Or was it the same poster? It can very well be that they just told the CM's it is ok to confirm without dates due to everyone calling and asking.

Edit: just found it. It was also posted by @shannonkma 2-3 pages back. Sounded like it was the same email. It may very well be a new form email they are authorized to send. Lets all email them again...

Wasn't there a different poster who also said they got an email like this saying yes SWW? Or was it the same poster? It can very well be that they just told the CM's it is ok to confirm without dates due to everyone calling and asking.

Edit: just found it. It was also posted by @shannonkma 2-3 pages back. Sounded like it was the same email. It may very well be a new form email they are authorized to send. Lets all email them again...

That was my exact reasoning for sending my email. I was skeptical about the OP's post and decided to send me own thinking that maybe they have decided to allow cm's to at least acknowledge that they will be having it.

My thoughts are as follows (and I have no insider knowledge and aside from SWW I don't do anything beyond regular research and what not)....

1. I feel that that original plan was indeed to quietly do away with SWW and replace it with SotF, but the sheer volume of inquiries and complaints based off of a few rumors made them change up their plan, and that they are going to go all out with SWW and maybe make this the last one.

2. EMH for May - I am not all that familiar with EMH schedules, so I defer to the experts here. My thinking is that the decision for SWW came down very recently, like Friday or yesterday recently. Here's why. My first email got me a phone call. That phone call came 5 days after I sent it, and after a 20 minute call, I got no real response. This reply came 12 hours later with a definitive "yes, we are having it". I'm thinking (hoping), that the calendar that Josh and others have acquired was published prior to the decision being made. Also, don't know if it does matter, but on the website, I couldn't see hours past May 2nd.

I am not a big message board person, but I have to say, I LOVE this thread. It is so awesome to see so many folks from around the world so passionate about something and so wiling to band together to make it happen. A lot of the other threads I read, people get burned for having an opinion or making a mistake about something. Here, everyone is welcome, and nothing is "dumb" or "stupid". I also love the ADD nature of this thread where it can go from talking about SWW to BB8 videos to ticket presales and over to Run Disney in a matter of one or two posts.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Sorry this for so long!:sad2:

I spoke with a CM yesterday morning who informed me that it was her job to respond to emails in regard to SWW. She said she's been doing this for 17 years. She said that Disney is listening to what their customers want and that she could not confirm the existence of SWW in 2016, however, if they were to opt not to have SWW in 2016, it would be replaced with something bigger and better. Disney is trying to ramp up SW in the parks and eliminating SWW would not be in line with that idea. She did confirm that SoTF will be starting in January, but they do not have an end date yet. I told her about our vacation plans and our dates in May and she told me that there would definitely be more than enough SW for us to enjoy during our visit. I asked her about the character dining experiences and she confirmed that the Jedi Mickey experience would not be held at H&V due to the new character dining offer. However, she stated that that is the ONLY thing that has been confirmed about dining. She said there has been no official word that the SW character dining is going away, just that it will not be at H&V. I told her that I had heard that the classic Disney characters would no longer be in SW attire and she said that nothing has been officially confirmed and that Disney is listening to their customers. I was asking her about making my ADRs in November and said that I wasn't sure if I should hold off until December to wait for any announcements. She suggested that I would probably be okay to hold off and wait to see what December brings. THAT GAVE ME HOPE! Keeping my fingers crossed!!! If anyone hasn't sent and email to Disney stating their concerns, PLEASE DO IT NOW! They are listening.

One other thing that she mentioned was that DPB would have all the information posted long before the website would, so I should keep an eye on that site.

Last edited:
Seeing as how our yearly trip next year is going to be mid August I hope your right! We had an amazing time at SWW this past May but I didn't want to take my son out of school next year so we chose mid August.
We're actually going mid August as well, but I'd STRONGLY PREFER not to do SWW in that heat! Hey -- if that's the only option we'll be there, but Eesh!! ;)

I spoke with a CM yesterday morning who informed me that it was her job to respond to emails in regard to SWW. She said she's been doing this for 17 years. She said that Disney is listening to what their customers want and that she could not confirm the existence of SWW in 2016, however, if they were to opt not to have SWW in 2016, it would be replaced with something bigger and better. Disney is trying to ramp up SW in the parks and eliminating SWW would not be in line with that idea. She did confirm that SoTF will be starting in January, but they do not have an end date yet. I told her about our vacation plans and our dates in May and she told me that there would definitely be more than enough SW for us to enjoy during our visit. I asked her about the character dining experiences and she confirmed that the Jedi Mickey experience would not be held at H&V due to the new character dining offer. However, she stated that that is the ONLY thing that has been confirmed about dining. She said there has been no official word that the SW character dining is going away, just that it will not be at H&V. I told her that I had heard that the classic Disney characters would no longer be in SW attire and she said that nothing has been officially confirmed and that Disney is listening to their customers. I was asking her about making my ADRs in November and said that I wasn't sure if I should hold off until December to wait for any announcements. She suggested that I would probably be okay to hold off and wait to see what December brings. THAT GAVE ME HOPE! Keeping my fingers crossed!!! If anyone hasn't sent and email to Disney stating their concerns, PLEASE DO IT NOW! They are listening.

One other thing that she mentioned was that DPB would have all the information posted long before the website would, so I should keep an eye on that site.

So which email do we write to again?? Is it on the first page? I will check. Flights for my trip get released this week so I will use that in my email

Ok, one last piece of speculation regarding the operating calendars... I just did some looking, and it looks like the schedule for May http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_may.pdf, is the same as each of the other months before it. Again, I know zero about how the Travel Agent Calendars are created and released and how and when changes are made and when, so I'm going to go with what I want to think and hope that those hours are just the standard hours for the month and can (and hopefully will) be updated.

No offense, but I put zero credibility in what ANY CM says about SWW at this point. Most (all?) of them know less than what we do here collectively.

No offense, but I put zero credibility in what ANY CM says about SWW at this point. Most (all?) of them know less than what we do here collectively.
Normally I might agree, but it's not often that they put something definitive IN WRITING like "this event will happen". In my experience, Disney is NOT FOND of putting things in writing that go much beyond "stay tuned!!"

If @LoKiHB's letter turns out to not be an isolated incident, I think that would bode pretty well for a 2016 SWW (or SWW-like) event.

And again - I don't think I've heard anything CONCRETE that says it won't happen (yet). Seems totally illogical to cancel the event -- unless it's replaced with something bigger and better -- right on the heels of the new film. Construction or no construction. That would be like turning off the $$ printing press.

Last edited:
Normally I might agree, but it's not often that they put something definitive IN WRITING like "this event will happen". In my experience, Disney is NOT FOND of putting things in writing that go much beyond "stay tuned!!"

If Loki's letter turns out to not be an isolated incident, I think that would bode pretty well for a 2016 SWW event.

And again - I don't think I've heard anything CONCRETE that says it won't happen (yet). Seems totally illogical to cancel the event -- unless it's replaced with something bigger and better -- right on the heels of the new film. Construction or no construction. That would be like turning off the $$ printing press.

I am saying anything you hear from a CM is 100% meaningless at this point. None of them know what will happen. They are simply assuming. Disney doesn't secretly tell some CM's and not others. I am not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that they have zero actual knowledge of it yet.

I am saying anything you hear from a CM is 100% meaningless at this point. None of them know what will happen. They are simply assuming. Disney doesn't secretly tell some CM's and not others. I am not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that they have zero actual knowledge of it yet.
A pure assumption put in writing is not very Disney. Not saying that's not what happened, but that would be pretty unusual in my experience.

Last edited:
A pure aassumption put in writing is not very Disney. Not saying that's not what happened, but that would be pretty unusual in my experience.

That would be very disappointing to me if that was the case. I did talk to a friend of mine that is a CM and he did mention that there had been rumblings earlier of cancelling SWW, but he's heard nothing of that since.

I agree. That's why all the bloggers with Entertainment contacts within the parks cannot confirm if SWWs return.

If the CM who wrote the email had a link to AP materials, they would have noted that SWW was NOT listed for Spring/Summer 2016 events, yet, historically, SWWs had always been listed. The omission can be as significant as the website that continues to include SWW. Again, those who know are keeping this tightly under wraps.

I'll be at DL in a couple of weeks. I can ask around and see what DL CMs know. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter