**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So, all things aside, I tried last night and today to get some tickets for Christmas week as I figured I could put the boys tickets in their stockings with their favorite candy for a showing sometime that week. Nothing is coming up in our city, which is a smaller one. Plenty of showings for the 17th through Christmas though. and there's no way to tell what base will have. But I think I will call the local theater and see about a military discount and getting a definitive answer on the Christmas week showings.
I think the pre sale is only for the first week of the movie , after that I guess they will open sales maybe 2 weeks before, not sure

I haven't heard of any of the marathons being reserved seating. If so, it would be good to know if any aren't general admission.

I would gently suggest marathoners consider going in fleecy star wars pajamas (Bath Robe Jedi?) and just sleep through Ep1-3, otherwise you may risk getting an awful spot by the time everyone else arrives for Ep4-6. When I did the Lord of the Rings marathon, which was only three movies, it was helpful to get there early and make friends around "your" marathon movie seat. The worse part of that marathon was the movie theatre food... I need green food.... everything was so.... beige.

If there is a different thread for the movie, so as not to overly digress this one, please let me know and I'll remove this post to that thread.
May the Force be with all y'all! -Krista "Tigger-ette"
Good point. I didn't pay attention to a symbol for reserved seating. Sadly, at this point, I don't think I am going to go to it after all. I would be the only one going, and with the kids, it is just too hard to swing a whole day in the theater.

I just realized that since I got movie tix for 12/19, I will have to be off email/TV/Twitter/FB/DIS/EVERYTHING for 2 days prior!!!! :scared::scared1:

Oh... also realized that in the nuttiness of the AMC app malfunctions yesterday, my credit card was charged 3 times for one set of tix!! Just an FYI, all!!
Yeah, we are going on Monday morning. I don't have a hard time unplugging from the Internet, but even the tv news will be risky. Still, I decided I'd rather wait and 1)sit with my family in 2)good seats rather than separated or front row, ick. We're just doing regular. My mom is coming with us while my dad watches YDS...sorry Dad, haha! I am sure they will see it again. And I promised ODS a later trip to IMAX 3D since DH doesnt like 3D.

Can they just announce the dates already?? The wait is killing me. Booked our DVC already (and by some miracle got BWV at 7 months. ..even though the clown pool terrifies me). We will still go if there is no SWW vut it was the impetus for the trip (plus F&G).

Can they just announce the dates already?? The wait is killing me. Booked our DVC already (and by some miracle got BWV at 7 months. ..even though the clown pool terrifies me). We will still go if there is no SWW vut it was the impetus for the trip (plus F&G).

We had to postpone by a week, so I'll be booking Friday (7 mos). Booking BLT, but to be honest if there is no SWW, I'm going to cancel and book for next September for MNSSHP. May is the best month to go, but to be there during SWW time without SWW going on, would be a huge let down.

I hate to even say it, but I'm willing to bet that there will be no SWW in 2016. I am not happy about this, but all the signs point to it so far.

We had to postpone by a week, so I'll be booking Friday (7 mos). Booking BLT, but to be honest if there is no SWW, I'm going to cancel and book for next September for MNSSHP. May is the best month to go, but to be there during SWW time without SWW going on, would be a huge let down.

I am in the same boat. My problem is that my AP expires in August, and I wasn't planning on renewing this year. I suppose I could just do the party, but it would be hard to make a trip to WDW and just do that.

People have been booking for Star Wars Weekends 2016 since Star Wars Weekends 2015! My family booked in July. It seems incredibly wrong to me that they have booking a year in advance, but no plans announced until they are less than 6 months out??!!

Lol you're like us! We are going in September 2016 too! Own at BLT and have trip booked 9/10-16 but will be switching res to Poly at 7 months.

If there is no SWW, at least we SHOULD hit final weekend of F&G. And frankly with all the construction going on at that Park, they really need Star Wars weekends to keep the crowds coming in otherwise there's no point in doing that park at all.

If they opt NOT to have SWW in 2016, I don't expect that they will announce anything, will they? I figured they would most likely brush it under the rug and pretend to ignore it.

People have been booking for Star Wars Weekends 2016 since Star Wars Weekends 2015! My family booked in July. It seems incredibly wrong to me that they have booking a year in advance, but no plans announced until they are less than 6 months out??!!

The dates are normally not announced until around the first or second week of December, so it's not really odd at this point. I am 100% in agreement with you that it would be very wrong for Disney to cancel an event as big as SWW, an event that people plan their entirely yearly vacations around without at the very least making an announcement and having one last event.

that would be our best indication...unless they somehow announce it when they announce opening dates for Launch Bay and Season of the Force

They've been incredibly hush-hush about everything ever since the "accidental" post on the AP site. The DPB is ignoring direct questions regarding anything having to do with SWW and even the rumor mill has stopped. Honestly, I believe that the original intention was to either cancel SWW and have SotF run from Jan-March, but the amount of backlash they've already gotten from just rumors and heresy has made them second guess it all. At this point, I would guess that they are either A) going to have both events or B) going to re-brand SWW as SotF and have it in May/June.

The dates are normally not announced until around the first or second week of December, so it's not really odd at this point. I am 100% in agreement with you that it would be very wrong for Disney to cancel an event as big as SWW, an event that people plan their entirely yearly vacations around without at the very least making an announcement and having one last event.
and that was last year they were announced that early, it was usually late January into Ferbruary

and that was last year they were announced that early, it was usually late January into Ferbruary

It was also the first year they expanded it to 5 weekends because of the demand, and added Rebel Hangar. Seems odd that they would expand it only to cancel it the next year. Some might say that now there are plans for construction so that could change things, but I would think that even this past year they would have already known what was going on with SWL and TSL and would have made the decision to cancel it already.

It was also the first year they expanded it to 5 weekends because of the demand, and added Rebel Hangar. Seems odd that they would expand it only to cancel it the next year. Some might say that now there are plans for construction so that could change things, but I would think that even this past year they would have already known what was going on with SWL and TSL and would have made the decision to cancel it already.
Actually it was 5 weekends during 1997 (first year of SWW) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2014 and 2015
SWLand was teased during D23 in 2013 and they decided to wait until this year to announce to coincide with the movie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter