Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!!! Congratulations to all of the ones who are in. Nice to meet all of the newcomers. We are always looking for people to talk to. My interview went really well. There were THREE interviewers in the room with me. They each took turns asking me questions. They said it would be about a week before I could expect a response but I think it will be sooner. You guys keep saying that the lottery drawing is in a couple of days and they said I could be in that drawing. It doesn't make much sense that the drawing is in a few days but I won't hear back for a week. Well, I guess we will see what happens. I don't have any intentions on moving there anyway. It was just the timing of it all that didn't make sense. Well I will let you know when I do. Good luck to all of those still waiting like me. Hang in there Rusty. Our time is coming.

Hey - so anyone in here that has received a PI that's not in the animal realm?

I really wanna meet some people I'll be working with!

Congrats to all & Zada, I'm sure it went well :)

Good luck to the rest of you ... it's gotta be coming up soon.

zada82 said:
Hang in there Rusty. Our time is coming.

LOL, thanks! Im glad the interview went well for you! Hopefully you will hear in less than a week!

Found out yesterday I have my 2nd interview Monday for the position I wanted the most! :banana: :cool1: :yay:

Will let you know how it went!

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of jealous of you guys that get in person interviews (even if there are 3 people, which is really really intimidating). As far as I can tell, the animal programs do only phone interviews and I don't think you get a full idea of someone over the phone. Either way, I'm sure everyone did or will do great!

Animal peeps, I'm definitely up for sharing an apartment if Northbridge falls through... hopefully we don't have to worry about that. zada, Since you're not planning on staying at Northbridge, where did you plan on living instead? I think we could definitely use any ideas.

leilani----
I have children and a live-in boyfriend. I can't stay in housing. I will tell you that we have been investigating the best areas to live in. So far as we have heard, Windemere, Wintergarden, and Ocoee are the best areas and near Disney. The prices are pretty high though. I would definately be in search of a roommate. However, if or when I receive an offer I will seek their input also. I heard that the Disney reps have lots of suggestions on some of the best places to live.

As we are moving there no matter if the internship goes through or not, we have definitely been looking for places to stay around there. Zada is right, the prices are pretty high and I have read some terrible reviews for some apartments and places around there! There are two places that I have found to be more reasonably priced and closer to Disney.

www.vtchome.com (Its a condo place that rents the available condos) ---and it's just one exit away from Disney!
I dont know off-hand what the exact details are, but the 1 bdr/1ba is 790

The other one is called Broadwater. OK price but it seems pretty nice! If I got the internship, I wouldn't be eligible for housing since I am getting married in January, but there are definitely places out there to stay -- you just know have to know where to look (which I really dont :))

I have been accepted as a Training and Development PI for animal programs at AK. I have to find housing, too, because I have a dog and can't live in the disney apartments with him. I wish I knew more about the area so that I knew which places were good and which were not so good.

Rusty... where did you see that those condos could be rented??

Good luck to everyone still in the interviewing or waiting process!!

I've talked to them on the phone and they sent me brochures! Just give the number a call and speak with them

I'm from Virginia, Im a senior at Old Dominion University, and I am a Catering/Convention Services asssistant at the Sheraton!

I am from Jacksonville, Florida. I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I am currently not working because I was getting in over my head in previous terms. My kids are a full time job. It is very nice to meet everybody.

Thanks for the housing tips everyone!

I'm also from Jacksonville, FL. :) And I'm graduating from the University of Miami in December.

I'm from San Francisco, CA. I am taking 18 units and working part-time at the Hilton Garden Inn.

...and still waiting... :(

Anyone else heard back from Mgmt-Ops, MK Special Events, or Wedding Services?? :sad2: :confused: :scared:

I'm from Illinois and will be graduating from North Central College in December. I'll be a communications coordinator (not sure what park/area yet).

Hi blondsunshine!

A friend of mine lives at Northbridge right now and she really likes it (except for her roommate). I go to Orlando almost every other weekend and I feel it's more dangerous directly west of I-4. To the east of I-4 is, for the most part, really nice. Orlando is still a city like any other, so if you drive on one road, it could go from safe to scary pretty quickly (especially Orange Blossom Trail), but not around Mall of Millenia and Northbridge. Hope that helped!

Hi all! I received my official congratulations letter in the mail today! I'm sure all of yours are in the mail as we speak. 2 more days until Northbridge or not. I really don't want the hassle of finding my own place.

Interviewed earlier today for my internship. It was tough but I feel I did really well. Can't wait to see if I got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter