• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2023 Thread***

I'm honestly struggling to think of ADRs. I booked within the 60 day window so I had to put alerts out for Topolino breakfast but other than that I really don't think I'm booking any. One of the things I really like about solo trips is winging it in terms of meals. Also this is just a long weekend so I don't want to be tied down too much to TS. I see myself doing a lot of lounges and walkup wait list if I get tired of F&W booths.

I was able to get us Via Napoli, Whispering Canyon, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Grand Floridian Cafe. I decided against a TS dinner for our day at Typhoon Lagoon. In May we went to Kona Cafe on our TL day and were just too tired to eat a regular meal. I'm thinking we'll try to hit Tambu Lounge for some potstickers and noodles before our Halloween party night.

Last edited:
Just completed our ADRs .... and had some snags!

Found 4 of my 6 without a problem. T-Rex Lunch on our DS Day, no problem. Fantasmic Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine on our HS day, no problem. 50's Prime Time Dinner, also on our HS day, no problem. Rainforest Cafe Breakfast on our AK day, no problem.

Couldn't find a Garden Grill Breakfast at Epcot for any day of our stay -- even our checkout day, 5 days out! Could've booked a Lunch or Dinner but not Breakfast and we wanted Breakfast (took my youngest - who's a picky eater - there for Dinner once and she ate a dinner roll and some salad. lol) So I really wanted Breakfast. Nothing!

So we booked Ohana Breakfast (at least Mickey and Pluto are there, too) & we'll monorail over to Epcot -- but that's a pain as we are at AOA and can just take the Skyliner but now will need to make our way to MK first.

Couldn't find a Tony's Town Square Dinner at Magic Kingdom! WHAT??? Since when is Tony's in demand? It's not even a party night -- so I don't believe it's in a package of some kind. So I consoled myself with a Be Our Guest Dinner. We haven't been there since it went prix fixe in 2017. So I'll be looking for a Tony's to drop to save me some coin! lol Wouldn't hesitate keeping it, IF we could still meet the Beast but I don't think that's returned yet.

WAIT! Update -- just went to the app and lots of Tony's Dinner reservations were there! Yay! So that's done! Still no Garden Grill Breakfast -- but I have time! lol

Last edited:

Sometimes the schedule just isn't published yet even when the booking window is open. I had issues getting Grand Floridian Cafe when it's rarely fully booked, but just a few days later it was wide open.

ouldn't find a Garden Grill Breakfast at Epcot for any day of our stay -- even our checkout day, 5 days out! Could've booked a Lunch or Dinner but not Breakfast and we wanted Breakfast (took my youngest - who's a picky eater - there for Dinner once and she ate a dinner roll and some salad. lol) So I really wanted Breakfast. Nothing!
I just checked Garden Grill and they only have dates open through 9/11. I have the same situation with San Angel Inn. They haven't opened the 60+ dates for that restaurant.

Keep checking for Garden Grill. You can tell if they have released the dates for your trip by clicking on the name of the restaurant and then going to the monthly calendar. You can see what dates are open on that screen.

Thanks everyone! I will keep looking for Garden Grill. ☺️

It would be for September 12th if anyone happens to notice it dropping before I do!

Still booking ADRs (the joys of a split stay means having to keep checking for ADRs every few days)!

Currently I have:

Jiko early dinner (5.20pm).

California Grill early dinner (5pm). Will likely move this to another day if I can get it when the ADR window opens up - ideally this would be on one of the two nights I am staying at the Contemporary!)

Artist Point early dinner (4pm) - will do this then go for MNSSHP the same night.

Monsieur Paul early dinner (5.45pm) on a night I'm staying at BWI. Trying to decide if I should change this to a later dinner, but at the same time I really don't want to be rushed since it looks like there is a lot of food here and I'm probably going to need lots of time to eat and enjoy everything!

I think 4 signatures (of which 3 are prix fixe!) is going to be my limit this trip (10 nights)! And that I'll probably have to skip a few lunches to make space for all the food from this! The only one of these 4 I've been to before is CG, so really looking forward to trying out the other 3.

No luck with V&A, trying to waitlist but I am not hopeful.

Also no luck with Space 220 lounge/restaurant, but this was lower on my "want to try" list so I'm not too upset. Will hope to eventually do this on a future trip!

Yay!

Still no breakfast for Garden Grill anytime between September 5th & the 16th. It’s available for lunch & dinner during that time — and breakfast is there every day before September 5th.

I don’t know what to think. lol

Btw. Called Disney yesterday. Cast member could see there was no breakfast availability at Garden Grill September 4-16 but couldn’t give a reason. Didn’t think it was blocked out or held up for some reason. Told me to just keep checking.

ADR Day!! I got everything I wanted, except Yak and Yeti dinner, but I have noticed they may not release those at 60+ days. We were able to get Ohana, Chef Mickey, Rodeo Round Up, Space 220, and Beaches and Cream. There were multiple options of times for each restaurant.

We do eat dinner earlier to avoid the hangry children, so booked in the 5:00 hour for all except Ohana which we booked at 7 since it’s a party night at MK. First time I have ever gotten Beaches and Cream for Lunch!

We do eat dinner earlier to avoid the hangry children, so booked in the 5:00 hour
We usually book earlier, too, in order to avoid the hangry husband. ;) The restaurants tend to be less busy and we usually get seated close to the reservation time when we have a 11:45 am ADR instead of after noon or a 5:45pm ADR instead of after 6pm. :)

ADR day is Monday!
Told myself we won't do big meals this trip since it's just me and my 7yr old...
Yet here I am prepping myself to try and get Topolinos & Garden Grill breakfasts 🤦🏻‍♀️😅😅

FYI to people making their dining reservations this week, there are NO Magic Kingdom extended hours for deluxe guests the last week of September, BUT there are extended hours at Hollywood Studios on Saturday, September 30
I am so sad about this. Was really looking forward to the extra hours at MK especially with all of the party days and them closing early and we won’t even be there Saturday night that’s when we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter