***Official September 2022 Thread***

Ours is the 27th, currently 63 days away. We arrive on September 25.

are your dates the same?

I didn’t even think about that for our dining reservation date…. Hopefully the reservation system and shopdisney are not connected.

not looking for much in the way of dining : Ohana, Space 220/lounge, artist point, oga’s maybe and Brown Derby.

good luck

Yes, we arrive on the 25th... We haven't been to Space 220 yet so that is my must get ADR... We love Ohana (breakfast!!) Artist Point, Oga's and espectially Brown Derby... good choices for you!!

ADR day today, and it's hasn't been great. Of the 6 reservations we wanted we only got one at the time we wanted, all the others were a few hours off and one had no availability at all our 9 day trip (although hoping that one just hasn't been released yet). Never had anything like this happen for our annual September trips, hoping this isn't an indication that the last week will be packed and more so that they just don't have the staff at the restaurants.

Now fingers crossed getting a cabana this week is easier than getting dining reservations! Wish me luck!

ETA: Got the cabana! :cool1: Now to hunt for better ADR times.

Last edited:
ADR day today, and it's hasn't been great. Of the 6 reservations we wanted we only got one at the time we wanted, all the others were a few hours off and one had no availability at all our 9 day trip (although hoping that one just hasn't been released yet). Never had anything like this happen for our annual September trips, hoping this isn't an indication that the last week will be packed and more so that they just don't have the staff at the restaurants.

Now fingers crossed getting a cabana this week is easier than getting dining reservations! Wish me luck!

Hmmmm.... last week of September is usually least crowded.. Sad times.. hope you eventually get all you wanted before you go.

Hmmmm.... last week of September is usually least crowded.. Sad times.. hope you eventually get all you wanted before you go.
Right? In the past the only ones we had trouble getting at the times we wanted were Oga's and BoG. I'm really hoping it is just an issue with staffing. Even Skippers Canteen was hard to get at the time we wanted which was a bit shocking!

Right? In the past the only ones we had trouble getting at the times we wanted were Oga's and BoG. I'm really hoping it is just an issue with staffing. Even Skippers Canteen was hard to get at the time we wanted which was a bit shocking!
That's so weird at this time of year I'd think. I hope you can find one for both of them.

We're 2nd week in Sept. and, oddly, there was Ogas available unlike I've ever seen before. I even added that ADR days later after my 60-day window ADR and had my pick of times on the day we're in DHS.

We've also had trouble getting Skipper's in the past for the times we wanted

That's so weird at this time of year I'd think. I hope you can find one for both of them.

We're 2nd week in Sept. and, oddly, there was Ogas available unlike I've ever seen before. I even added that ADR days later after my 60-day window ADR and had my pick of times on the day we're in DHS.

We've also had trouble getting Skipper's in the past for the times we wanted
Thanks! I'll keep trying, in the past I've been able to move reservations by a few hours to get times we wanted, so I suspect I'll be able to do it again. Just need to keep checking. Also, I was just on the phone with Disney and the CM mentioned they are having system wide issues this morning so perhaps that is impacting reservation availability?

That’s odd. What times are you looking for? I’ll be there the same dates and I feel like there are so many openings and I’ve spotted lots of stuff I was expecting to be unavailable so I was actually thinking it would be less busy!

That’s odd. What times are you looking for? I’ll be there the same dates and I feel like there are so many openings and I’ve spotted lots of stuff I was expecting to be unavailable so I was actually thinking it would be less busy!
Seriously? Haha, now I'm really starting to think the system issues are impacting the availability I'm seeing. We were looking for Skippers Canteen and Steakhouse 71 for before the Halloween Party. Skippers I've already managed to move the time from 6:15 to 4:55 thankfully, but Steakhouse 71 I can't get anything before 6. Via Nappoli only had either 4:15 or 7:00 available for the day we're going, we were hoping for 5:30-6ish. Even Tiffins we could only get a 1:00, hoping for noon. Then there is the Rose and Crown fireworks package, I'm hoping that times just haven't been released for that week yet, we've never had issues booking this before and there is no availability even at 60+9.

Will just have to keep trying!

Seriously? Haha, now I'm really starting to think the system issues are impacting the availability I'm seeing. We were looking for Skippers Canteen and Steakhouse 71 for before the Halloween Party. Skippers I've already managed to move the time from 6:15 to 4:55 thankfully, but Steakhouse 71 I can't get anything before 6. Via Nappoli only had either 4:15 or 7:00 available for the day we're going, we were hoping for 5:30-6ish. Even Tiffins we could only get a 1:00, hoping for noon. Then there is the Rose and Crown fireworks package, I'm hoping that times just haven't been released for that week yet, we've never had issues booking this before and there is no availability even at 60+9.

Will just have to keep trying!
What days for the party?! I just checked right now for the 27th and there’s a 1:50 steakhouse. Also on the 30th there’s a ton of afternoon times for there. There must be a glitch! I’m on the app looking if that makes any difference. Definitely keep checking because that just seems so strange! You’ll definitely get what you’re looking for!

What days for the party?! I just checked right now for the 27th and there’s a 1:50 steakhouse. Also on the 30th there’s a ton of afternoon times for there. There must be a glitch! I’m on the app looking if that makes any difference. Definitely keep checking because that just seems so strange! You’ll definitely get what you’re looking for!
We're looking for the 25th (Skippers) and the 29th (steakhouse). Was just able to move Steakhouse 71 to 5:55 on the 29th, so we're getting better!

I had a similar issue my ADR morning. Literally NOTHING available before the party and I was stressed out! I popped back on at 11am and there was plenty to pick from. Here's to hoping things shake out for you.

Quick update, I was finally able to book the Rose and Crown fireworks package! It looks like they are booking for that week, but they didn't have any availability until October, we weren't able to get it until our 60+8 day. Phew, one less thing to book.

I’m not big into ADRs since we are good with QS while in the parks. But we have a rest day between parks so I went ahead and booked TRex. My four year old is absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs right now, so I’m hoping it makes our day we aren’t in the parks magical for him.

I did go ahead and book Oga’s for when we are at HS, but not settled on whether to keep it or not. I just don’t know whether it’s worthwhile especially with not having much seating.

I was hoping to maybe get a Beaches n Cream res since we are staying at the Dolphin and would be close by, but no luck there.

I’m not big into ADRs since we are good with QS while in the parks.
This was my thinking as well, so when my ADR day came I was just going to try for Space 220 Lounge and HDDR (surprise for DH who loves it). Space 220 Lounge was futile, and although I'm still hoping for an opening (unlikely I know), I'm thinking that the various drinks that are available at F&W might make up for it in part (not the atmosphere part, but oh well). I was able to get HDDR, but for 8:30 pm (was hoping for 6:15). Since then I've convinced myself that this time will be fine (it's just DH and me).

Well, as my planning went on post-ADR day, I started finding more restaurants that caught my eye. Such as California Grill. Never been there, menu looks good, and would love to see the MK fireworks from up there. Of course by the time I thought to look, the only ressie left was for 9:55. And I thought 8:30 HDDR was late! LOL I will keep my eyes open for an earlier time, but for now at least will keep the reservation.

The other one I realized I would love to get is Yak and Yeti for lunch. Never been there either. We're planning on going to AK on our MNSSHP day, and I thought it would be fun to do Y&Y on our way out of the park. No luck. Ended up making reservations at Wine Bar George and Boathouse for that day instead (need to decide between the two...anyone have opinions on that?), but still holding out hope for Y&Y because I'm not too keen on heading to Disney Springs that day.

The other one I realized I would love to get is Yak and Yeti for lunch. Never been there either. We're planning on going to AK on our MNSSHP day, and I thought it would be fun to do Y&Y on our way out of the park. No luck. Ended up making reservations at Wine Bar George and Boathouse for that day instead (need to decide between the two...anyone have opinions on that?), but still holding out hope for Y&Y because I'm not too keen on heading to Disney Springs that day.

Yak & Yeti is owned by Laundry’s, not Disney. You can get a reservation for them easy by calling the restaurant or using open table.

Yak & Yeti is owned by Laundry’s, not Disney. You can get a reservation for them easy by calling the restaurant or using open table.
Thank you so much for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it looks like calling yields the same result as MDE. They said they are totally booked but I should continue to check MDE for openings. :sad1:

ETA: They did say they will accept walk ups, so we will consider that. Anyone have experience walking up to Y&Y for lunch?

I
Thank you so much for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it looks like calling yields the same result as MDE. They said they are totally booked but I should continue to check MDE for openings. :sad1:

ETA: They did say they will accept walk ups, so we will consider that. Anyone have experience walking up to Y&Y for lunch?
If you sign up for the Landry Select card you can just show up at the restaurant and get in without too much of a wait. I believe it's $25 to join and the card comes with $25 on it. First use will pay for itself.

Hi guys!
We're celebrating my DD's GOLDEN BIRTHDAY on the 13th. Staying at BWV the 9-14th. Planning this one has been so much less fun than our previous...ah well.
Been trying for weeks to get a celebration at the Top ressie with no success yet. Fingers continue to be crossed. Has anyone gotten into that party on the 10th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter