***Official September 2022 Thread***

Thanks! Fortunately, it caught up yesterday evening around ~9 or so and we were all set for this morning. Managed to snag Steakhouse 71, Jiko, Homecomin' and Ohana, which covered all of our top picks for this trip :yay:

Woohoo! There was a good bit of availability for the backend of our trip (September 6-8), so fingers crossed you're able to snag everything you're looking for.
What day were you able to get Ohana (60+?) We are hoping for a 60+2 or 60+6. I am not holding much hope for 60+2.

My dad just decided that he'd like to go to Sci Fi Diner if possible on Friday, Sept 2nd. I thought there'd be a slim chance of finding a reservation since that's always been a harder one to get and our ADR day was a few days ago. Wrongo! Plenty of openings for lunch and just booked one!

I'm getting pretty excited about what this could mean for crowd levels that week!

We gave up on ADR's two years ago and just do Counter Service and snacks. Plus the menu's have changed so much and the value is just not there. But...excited for those who still love to get them! I'm waiting for the exact dates and times for extra evening hours so we can make our park reservations accordingly. I read somewhere that July 9th they would be out. If so we will be deciding together as a family. Good luck to all you ADR people!

What day were you able to get Ohana (60+?) We are hoping for a 60+2 or 60+6. I am not holding much hope for 60+2.

I snagged ours for 60+5 (September 7) and there was pretty wide availability for two people, including around prime fireworks viewing times.

That being said, that was the first date I looked based on our draft schedule. There was some availability on earlier days as well!

I actually saw an O’hana opening this morning at my 60 day mark. I’m encouraged by the dining availability. I’m used to going during Spring Break and other high volume weeks. I don’t think the crowds will be bad at all.

I actually saw an O’hana opening this morning at my 60 day mark. I’m encouraged by the dining availability. I’m used to going during Spring Break and other high volume weeks. I don’t think the crowds will be bad at all.

Fingers crossed!

I have that feeling too. I think a lot of people got revenge travel out of their system and Disney is no longer one of the only places open. People who are going somewhere are definitely looking for deals too. Between that and the fact most kids will be back to school I think the peak is cresting and we'll be looking more like normal come late August and September.

I have that feeling too. I think a lot of people got revenge travel out of their system and Disney is no longer one of the only places open. People who are going somewhere are definitely looking for deals too. Between that and the fact most kids will be back to school I think the peak is cresting and we'll be looking more like normal come late August and September.
Definitely makes sense. I'm bracing for higher crowds and if it turns out to be back to normal, it'll just make for an even better trip.

The only dining reservation that I'm finding weirdly difficult to snag is a Boma breakfast for Labor Day itself, which is our Off/MNSSHP day. On every other day for our trip, it's pretty widely available between 8-10.

Definitely makes sense. I'm bracing for higher crowds and if it turns out to be back to normal, it'll just make for an even better trip.

The only dining reservation that I'm finding weirdly difficult to snag is a Boma breakfast for Labor Day itself, which is our Off/MNSSHP day. On every other day for our trip, it's pretty widely available between 8-10.

That's an odd one to be short on. I bet its people leaving that day and doing breakfast at the hotel before the go or short staffed with people requesting off so they're limiting tables.

I also booked dining this morning and got Space 220, Ohana, Oga’s, Tusker House, SciFi and a few others that aren’t as popular. There was lots of availability for all of them which was a huge relief trying to book for 11!

Fwiw the openings for special extras like dessert parties and Savi’s have been lagging a week or so behind 60 days as I stalked everything the past few weeks but today everything was open for my dates.

Fwiw the openings for special extras like dessert parties and Savi’s have been lagging a week or so behind 60 days as I stalked everything the past few weeks but today everything was open for my dates.

That's good to know. I'll have an idea when to pick up my treats and seats then.

Is anyone else disappointed that the Magic Band+ seems to have stalled again. They said for sale in the summer, but no actual date and no other news. Right now there's only 12 styles available and I have to make my selection by end of August, but that seems to be cutting in close for delivery honestly. I think the latest I would order would be one month out.

That's good to know. I'll have an idea when to pick up my treats and seats then.

Is anyone else disappointed that the Magic Band+ seems to have stalled again. They said for sale in the summer, but no actual date and no other news. Right now there's only 12 styles available and I have to make my selection by end of August, but that seems to be cutting in close for delivery honestly. I think the latest I would order would be one month out.
Yes me! I definitely want one and I didn't think about the selection date....yikes! I better check mine. Could you just buy one at the park if ordering may be too late? I keep watching and waiting for the announcement! :flower1:

Yes me! I definitely want one and I didn't think about the selection date....yikes! I better check mine. Could you just buy one at the park if ordering may be too late? I keep watching and waiting for the announcement! :flower1:

I would think so if they're available. I saw more in the parks than I saw online for sure. I could just reuse mine from January if I honestly don't see the Magic+ come out or a different design I like. I know there's been a shortage for a while, but the fact that you can't even get the plain color ones anywhere makes me think there's either a huge problem OR the relaunch is coming soon with the Magic+

I would think so if they're available. I saw more in the parks than I saw online for sure. I could just reuse mine from January if I honestly don't see the Magic+ come out or a different design I like. I know there's been a shortage for a while, but the fact that you can't even get the plain color ones anywhere makes me think there's either a huge problem OR the relaunch is coming soon with the Magic+
I hope so! I have plenty of functioning bands right now and I want the +, so if it seems too late to ship, I'll wait till I get there. Here's hoping! :hourglass

Thought I'd share our plans since it's getting closer now and we have our dining reservations!

Sunday - my dad arrives and possibly me as well depending on conference schedule - AKL DVC studio
Monday - check into POFQ, evening at Disney Springs
Tuesday - MK day - lunch at Skipper Canteen, MNSSHP
Wednesday - AK day - breakfast at Boma, Moonlight Magic after hours event
Thursday - Epcot day - food and wine booths, early dinner or just dessert at Beaches and Cream then back to Epcot
Friday - HS day - lunch at Sci Fi Diner, late night reservation at Oga's
Saturday - open for whatever we feel like doing before our evening flight home

Thought I'd share our plans since it's getting closer now and we have our dining reservations!

Sunday - my dad arrives and possibly me as well depending on conference schedule - AKL DVC studio
Monday - check into POFQ, evening at Disney Springs
Tuesday - MK day - lunch at Skipper Canteen, MNSSHP
Wednesday - AK day - breakfast at Boma, Moonlight Magic after hours event
Thursday - Epcot day - food and wine booths, early dinner or just dessert at Beaches and Cream then back to Epcot
Friday - HS day - lunch at Sci Fi Diner, late night reservation at Oga's
Saturday - open for whatever we feel like doing before our evening flight home
That sounds great!! Oddly enough, we have never eaten at Sci Fi. Is it odd to share a car with another party? Maybe because you are all facing the same direction, it isn't?

This morning I am drafting our dining plans... stay tuned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter