***Official September 2022 Thread***

Currently waiting for the updated park hours to come out to finalize our desired days & plan what ADRs to book for each day. We have a tentative schedule using the most common hours from August, so fingers crossed that it doesn't require many updates.

Outside of that, we've finalized our Universal plans and are set to go for our two days there! Under 80 days til takeoff :cool1:

Just saw the new AP discount available for rooms only August-Sept 8th....I got better rate with the Disney Visa offer...

I've been watching the airline prices go up and up and up since December of '21.

Then on June 7 the redeye said "Sold Out". What!? I've never seen that. And three months out. I pretty much have to take the late flight; Memorial Day is a busy day in my profession AND it's a double-pay day.

There is another redeye flight but that has a two hour layover and I don't get to MCO until noon. I so love getting there at 7AM when it's not at all busy.

So I pulled the trigger and got my ticket. I usually wait until July but I just don't see the prices going down and one leg of the trip the plane was about 60% full so I didn't want to risk THAT flight being sold out.

Bottom line? After months of waffling back and forth about even going on this trip. Now I'm for sure going to The World!
What airline?

Myself, hubby and 13-year-old daughter will be at POFQ Sept 4 - Sept 10. We are hopping over to Universal for HHN on one night. This will be my daughter's 13th trip and last year of middle school so likely our last trip during the school year.
My adult daughter and I are hopping over for one night of HHN! What a great combo to do Disney and HHN in the same trip. So excited!

Hi all! I’m excited to connect!
Dates: 9/19-9/24
POR and Boardwalk currently but I might change some things around
Right now we have four day tickets and planning to do one day in each park. Our older daughter turns 8 during our trip! I’m debating adding MNSSHP (would be our first party event for any/all of us). We will be seeking DAS for our younger daughter (went through the new process in January and hoping this time will be even easier with that under our belt) and needing to be both organized and flexible considering her particular medical needs. It’ll be the second time visiting as a family of four and I fear the weather will be nowhere near as nice this time…so trying to be prepared! Looking forward to counting down with you all. 🙂

Right now we have four day tickets and planning to do one day in each park. Our older daughter turns 8 during our trip! I’m debating adding MNSSHP (would be our first party event for any/all of us). We will be seeking DAS for our younger daughter (went through the new process in January and hoping this time will be even easier with that under our belt) and needing to be both organized and flexible considering her particular medical needs. It’ll be the second time visiting as a family of four and I fear the weather will be nowhere near as nice this time…so trying to be prepared! Looking forward to counting down with you all. 🙂
I'm anticipating it will be very hot! I don't do well in the heat at all so planning lots of breaks. I have a grandson that's autistic. He is 18 now and my daughter won't use DAS as he is high functioning and she doesn't want to embarrass him. So we'll slog along. I'm renting an ECV due to knee issues and it has saved my last two trips to Disney. This should help with the heat as well, so I'll always have a place to sit in the shade. We are all very excited for this trip as well!

Delta out of LAX
We are coming from Vermont and watching Jet Blue. It has been as low as $ 300 RT but my daughter is waiting and watching daily. I would have been happy with the $ 300 but she likes to wait. We shall see what happens but I don't think it will be any lower.

What is everyone's #1 ADR to snag?
I think I want to snag a Topolino breakfast. We like to try something new each trip and I figure we should check it out since we stay at RR!
We may go back to Cape May. My husband says he doesn't mind not having all you can eat crab legs, but that was the biggest draw for me.
I generally don't try to talk people out of ADRs because some people love things I don't and vice versa, but DH and I agreed on our trip last month that we wished we had skipped Cape May. Very underwhelming.
On 9/8 it's Disney+ day so there's probably going to be lots of announcements for new shows and movies upcoming that I'll be interested in.
I did not realize it was going to be in September this year, will have to pay attention and see if they are doing anything in the parks for it.
Where do you order groceries from for delivery to the resort?
We consistently use Amazon and the one time I had an issue they refunded that part of the order. We tried a grocery service from a laid off cast member once but it was much more expensive.
Anyone else waiting for the new Magic Band + to be released? I'm eagerly awaiting them for sure.
Yes!! We have MBs so don't need new ones this trip but will probably get them if the new ones come out before then.
And those were all from teenagers+. When hubby and I go alone together it's so relaxing. Don't get me wrong I do love to go on vacation with the kids too, but there is nothing better than a vacation alone with hubby.
I love adult only trips! I have done a couple girl trips and last month DH and I went alone for the first time ever. He was like 'oh this may have to become an annual thing!' It was awesome.
Anyone done the chocolate emporium?
We had a long wait but service was good and food was good too. I don't do if it will be a must do on our nex trip but I am glad we tried it.
Can’t wait to hear about it! Glad I’m not the only one that’s still making adjustments
I will be making adjustments the entire time like even day of :D
My adult daughter and I are hopping over for one night of HHN! What a great combo to do Disney and HHN in the same trip. So excited!
4 people in my group are heading there too, they love HHN!

We are coming from Vermont and watching Jet Blue. It has been as low as $ 300 RT but my daughter is waiting and watching daily. I would have been happy with the $ 300 but she likes to wait. We shall see what happens but I don't think it will be any lower.
I flew JetBlue for several years. Great service. But they stopped all non-stops from LAX so the flight time ranges from 10 hours to 16 hours with layovers.

Is that $300 for two?

You guys are terrifying me with the hurricane talk. That's really my number one fear for this trip, even more than the heat. I honestly wouldn't mind being down there when it happens because I know how well the parks and hotels are built, or even if I was delayed getting home. I have a cushion in my budget for something like that happening. I just don't want to end up losing time not being able to get down there.
It's always a slight risk with a Sept trip. Peak storm time. Don't let it worry you though!!

:welcome:in to the September 2022 Group @Youngatheartmom !!!!!! We are so glad you have joined us for your :tink: CountDown to Disney!!!! We are all so excited as our trips get nearer. That will be such a special birthday celebration🎂 for your soon to be 8 year old daughter :earsgirl:. Sharing Disney with her younger sister princess: will be even more special with all the birthday celebrations. Port Orleans Riverside and BoardWalk will be 2 great resorts to stay. I would love to stay at BoardWalk sometime. It looks very nice. We stayed at Riverside several years ago and had lots of fun there too. :umbrella:Hopefully the weather will be good for all our trips..... I will add you to our CountDown List and look forward to seeing you here for more Planning!!:mickeyjum

Hi everyone! I'm going in September for my first WDW trip ever at age 48! I had the *perfect* trip planned at BC with my sister's family for my nephew's 7th birthday, but they had to cancel. So, it may be a solo trip, if I can't convince my adult son to go.

Since it's just me now, I'm resort hopping more than I would have. I was able to get a couple of short stays renting DVC points. We'll see how that goes.

September 9 - 17
Contemporary TPV
Poly
Swan
Kidani Savanna view
Wow, my plans have changed since I first posted. Here's the new info:

September 10-17
Saratoga
Poly
Beach Club
Kidani

And this is all non-refundable, so I promise it won't change again. :D

I flew JetBlue for several years. Great service. But they stopped all non-stops from LAX so the flight time ranges from 10 hours to 16 hours with layovers.

Is that $300 for two?
No for one person and I thought it was a good price.

Avelo released a promo so I cancelled and rebooked my September flight to save $110. Used the money to pay for our bags. Really appreciating their prices 👍

Wow, my plans have changed since I first posted. Here's the new info:

September 10-17
Saratoga
Poly
Beach Club
Kidani

And this is all non-refundable, so I promise it won't change again. :D
Hi @scrabblegirl !!! Looks like another great group of resorts you have now. I will make the changes in the CountDown List. Here in the September 2022 Group we believe in changing☺️ - I am always revising Disney Plans it seems like a million times .pixiedust:

Anyone done the chocolate emporium?
We went this afternoon and loved it!
At 3 pm I got a walk up for 20 to 30 min wait. It was about 40 min. (At 4 pm, the wait was an hour+)

Everyone loved their food (salad and sandwiches). Im not sure if lunch and dinner menus are different. DD got one of their shakes to split with DH and I had a taste.

So good! we'd definitely go again :)

Our flight will arrive around noon. I'm trying to decide what we should eat for lunch that day. I'm hoping we can wait and eat at either our resort (WL) or Epcot. Lunch at the resort will let us eat sooner, and maybe get into our room before heading to the park. Any restaurant suggestions? I've heard good things about Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter