***Official SEPTEMBER 2021 Check in Thread

Anyone want to speculate whether we'll see increased park hours in September? Is it too much to hope that the traditional September 8 am to 11 or 8 am to midnight hours for DL and 8 to 10 (on non-party nights) for DCA might return in September ?

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to when new calendars are posted -- do we have any idea when the hours calendar will be up for September?

And, Disney, please bring back MM/EE to hotel guests!

I'm going with my hubby, son and daughter September 19-25. staying at Peacock Suites. We'll be in the parks for five days and have also never been in September because of school schedules. I'm hoping we might get some Halloween decorations before we leave. :)

I'm going with my hubby, son and daughter September 19-25. staying at Peacock Suites. We'll be in the parks for five days and have also never been in September because of school schedules. I'm hoping we might get some Halloween decorations before we leave. :)
You should be good for Halloween decorations, I believe it will be done by September 3rd!

You should be good for Halloween decorations, I believe it will be done by September 3rd!
I was just reading the thread about the Halloween party so that is exciting! I also saw something about the Philharmonic show in Hollywood Land but I guess that's not running right now. I'm hoping it will be up and going by September. Does anyone know if Turtle Talk with Crush is still a thing?

I was just reading the thread about the Halloween party so that is exciting! I also saw something about the Philharmonic show in Hollywood Land but I guess that's not running right now. I'm hoping it will be up and going by September. Does anyone know if Turtle Talk with Crush is still a thing?
Turtle talk is open but I’m not sure about philharmonic

Very excited to hear of the return of Halloween events this year! I thought I would pop into the group's chat to get advice on a least crowded week. Of course, we are thinking of weekdays over weekends. The beginning of the month has Labor Day and Gay Days mid-month. The park reservation system looks wide open for now. Anyone with September experience? We usually go in late October, but would love an early Halloween fix! Thanks in advance!

Anyone want to speculate whether we'll see increased park hours in September? Is it too much to hope that the traditional September 8 am to 11 or 8 am to midnight hours for DL and 8 to 10 (on non-party nights) for DCA might return in September ?

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to when new calendars are posted -- do we have any idea when the hours calendar will be up for September?
I’m keeping my fingers crossed! Really helps with being able to take long afternoon breaks!

We have a reservation Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort , Sept 2nd-5th. We have reservations for DCA on both the 2nd, and 4th, and DL on the 3rd. Rumor is Haunted Manson will be down for the Holiday overlay until the 3rd?

Mickey's PhilharMagic is returning by the end of this week on July 16/17. They're updating the ride sequence and adding a song from Coco.

Mickey's PhilharMagic is returning by the end of this week on July 16/17. They're updating the ride sequence and adding a song from Coco.
That's cool! Is it in the old Muppet theatre? I've been looking at Disney stuff today and discovered earlier that White Water Snacks is gone and replaced by the Craftsman Grill. I wonder how many more changes there are that I have yet to discover. It's a bummer about the WWS but I'm excited that the PhilharMagic will be up and running. I guess we just go with the flow on changes good and sad.

That's cool! Is it in the old Muppet theatre? I've been looking at Disney stuff today and discovered earlier that White Water Snacks is gone and replaced by the Craftsman Grill. I wonder how many more changes there are that I have yet to discover. It's a bummer about the WWS but I'm excited that the PhilharMagic will be up and running. I guess we just go with the flow on changes good and sad.
Wait WWS is gone?? I remember when we were there March 2020 they had changed the name and it was called something else but the menu was still the same. Has it changed all together now?? We love the nachos from there!

Wait WWS is gone?? I remember when we were there March 2020 they had changed the name and it was called something else but the menu was still the same. Has it changed all together now?? We love the nachos from there!
The "Grill" part is pretty much the same as WWS was. The "Bar" part is newer since the name change and extends out toward the pool. You can see the current menu on the app. Looks like they have nachos.

So it sounds like it’s still in the same place and pretty much rebranded but the nachos (which is what I used to love) sound different and now cost $23! For nachos! I did watch a YouTube video yesterday and they come out in this big dish and look like quite a lot but that’s not particularly helpful if you’re the only person of the group that wants them or like me wouldnt want the beans, jalapeño, or queso on it which others would want. I guess I was just shocked at a change I hadn’t even heard of. Perhaps because I haven’t been in a few years I’m going to have to get used to the high food prices again. I’d never pay $23 for nachos at a normal restaurant.

Ok, successfully got Oogie Boogie tickets so now we're definitely coming...didn't want to post early and jinx it! Me and my husband (Trevor) Sept 12 - 19th at the Fairfield Anaheim. Park days are the 13th through the 17th, and then the 18th we'll do resort hopping and relaxing. Sep 19th through 21st at Universal Hollywood. Can't WAIT! Oogie Boogie's will be awesome!

9/7-9/12 Tropicana with DH! We do WDW a lot but it's our first trip to DL together - I was there for one day in 2010 and he has visited twice but not since 2012.

I'm not a planner for WDW but I'm doing so much planning for DL since it's so novel to me. So excited - but right now I'm nervous about making dining reservations (perhaps something will be available in a few days!) and park hopping (with capacity limits - want to start in DL and hop to DCA after 1, then return to DL at night). Happy to be flexible if needed, and again very excited!

Just extended checkout to 9/13 and got Oogie Boogie tickets for 9/12! It’s getting real!

So it sounds like it’s still in the same place and pretty much rebranded but the nachos (which is what I used to love) sound different and now cost $23! For nachos! I did watch a YouTube video yesterday and they come out in this big dish and look like quite a lot but that’s not particularly helpful if you’re the only person of the group that wants them or like me wouldnt want the beans, jalapeño, or queso on it which others would want. I guess I was just shocked at a change I hadn’t even heard of. Perhaps because I haven’t been in a few years I’m going to have to get used to the high food prices again. I’d never pay $23 for nachos at a normal restaurant.

They changed the pizza too. I wish they would bring back the individual pizza with the salad. Put it on the kid's menu, it was awesome and the price was perfect too. It seems when they have something that is simple, everyone loves it and it is priced reasonable, they get rid of it.

Congrats to everyone that got Oogie Boogie Tix today for September! I was one of the suckers, err I mean lucky people waiting for almost 6 hours in the queue, but got it booked for opening night on September 9th! I will make sure and drop a note on here after the show on the 9th and let you all know how it went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter