***Official SEPTEMBER 2021 Check in Thread

We'll be back at DL for the first time since 2018 (life got in the way, and then the pandemic). Staying at Best Western Anaheim 9/8-9/11. SO EXCITED!! :goodvibes

After two canceled trips….September 11-17 with 5 park days staying at Park Vue Inn!!!! I can’t stop smiling, back to my happy place!
This is us. My birthday is June 3rd and up till 19 I always had kids in school and could never go on my actual birthday because it was too close to the last weeks of schools (finals and such). We bought AP's in Nov of 19 with a plan of going last summer. I had a trip booked for my birthday that I then pushed back to August, then Sept then this past Feb. So 4 trips and wasn't able to do any of them obviously. We did finally go to DW in March instead but this will be our first time back since Feb of 20 and I can't wait!!

So my 60 day dinning window opened today and as I feared NOTHING. Not one single restaurant was available. :(
Same situation, woke up at 4am PT and could not find a single dinner reservation. Been checking throughout the day just in case and still no luck.

It seems like something is up with booking dining for September and maybe they haven't released the openings yet? Seems to odd that you can get all kinds of reservations until August 28th but nothing after. Maybe they are revamping the system or something? You can even get Lamplight last week of August so something is up for sure for September.....

So I didn't even get up early this morning just happened to check around quarter to 8 and there were a few things on there. I was able to get Cafe Orleans for our first day (wanted BB but not surprised) and I got LL for our 2nd (wanted Carthay). So tomorrow I am going to try and get up early again and see if I can get BB but not too hopeful.

9/7-9/12 Tropicana with DH! We do WDW a lot but it's our first trip to DL together - I was there for one day in 2010 and he has visited twice but not since 2012.

I'm not a planner for WDW but I'm doing so much planning for DL since it's so novel to me. So excited - but right now I'm nervous about making dining reservations (perhaps something will be available in a few days!) and park hopping (with capacity limits - want to start in DL and hop to DCA after 1, then return to DL at night). Happy to be flexible if needed, and again very excited!

Looking at coming 9/15-17 and stay at Paradise Pier. Never been to Disneyland but are WDW veterans. What is the advantage to staying onsite right now? Also, are 2 park days with hoppers enough to see it all? Not really into characters or parades so just rides/experiences. I have a lot of homework to do as this is a last minute decision.

Looking at coming 9/15-17 and stay at Paradise Pier. Never been to Disneyland but are WDW veterans. What is the advantage to staying onsite right now? Also, are 2 park days with hoppers enough to see it all? Not really into characters or parades so just rides/experiences. I have a lot of homework to do as this is a last minute decision.
How exciting! So I grew up going to DL (from Oregon) but have also been to WDW 8x, so I have an appreciation for both! As far as staying onsite, right now it doesnt feel like a ton of advantage BUT things seem to be changing quickly. I will say, if you can swing it, I would stay onsite. It's not horrible by any means to stay on Harbor at one of the hotels walking distance, but it's just so darn easy to walk thru DTD and have your hotel there. Just my opinion! We aren't character or parade people either, just the rides and trying out new snacks! For us, 2 days with PH would work fine, just know you wont see everything or be able to go on all rides. Personally, we're doing 2 1/2 days this time. 3 full days is pushing it for us. Have a great time and feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
So it is all over the place when dinning opens up. I am kicking myself that I didn't get up yesterday and I "may" have gotten carthay or BB if I had but sure enough I tried at midnight, 1, 3, 6 right at 7 and every little bit since and now there is NOTHING for the 6th. That is the same weekend. You would think if they opened up through Sat they would at least add Sunday and Monday since that is labor day. I have no problem getting up at whatever time but when there is no rhyme or reason to it, it is EXTREMELY frustrating. :(

So it is all over the place when dinning opens up. I am kicking myself that I didn't get up yesterday and I "may" have gotten carthay or BB if I had but sure enough I tried at midnight, 1, 3, 6 right at 7 and every little bit since and now there is NOTHING for the 6th. That is the same weekend. You would think if they opened up through Sat they would at least add Sunday and Monday since that is labor day. I have no problem getting up at whatever time but when there is no rhyme or reason to it, it is EXTREMELY frustrating. :(
It is a little odd what's going on with Dining. Not sure what's up?

Has the Disneyland app always been this terrible? This is our first trip to DL and I have been SO frustrated with the App as compared to My Disney Experience for WDW. I don’t find it to be user friendly at all. It’s very clunky with a lot of having to click back and forth to get something done.
I have been checking how dining was released for the past few weeks and it’s completely random. I woke up right at 6am EST yesterday and happened to be able to book dining for Sept 5th. This morning, nothing was released for the 6th. It’s not you kelmac284, so don’t beat yourself up.

Has the Disneyland app always been this terrible? This is our first trip to DL and I have been SO frustrated with the App as compared to My Disney Experience for WDW. I don’t find it to be user friendly at all. It’s very clunky with a lot of having to click back and forth to get something done.
I have been checking how dining was released for the past few weeks and it’s completely random. I woke up right at 6am EST yesterday and happened to be able to book dining for Sept 5th. This morning, nothing was released for the 6th. It’s not you kelmac284, so don’t beat yourself up.
It's always been a bit wonky. Not sure why they dont do them both the same exact way, that would be WAY too simple for all of us!

Anyone want to speculate whether we'll see increased park hours in September? Is it too much to hope that the traditional September 8 am to 11 or 8 am to midnight hours for DL and 8 to 10 (on non-party nights) for DCA might return in September ?

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to when new calendars are posted -- do we have any idea when the hours calendar will be up for September?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter