***Official September 2020 Thread***

Well I think I"m all packed except for the last minute electronical things. This has been the most stressful packing I've ever done. We're going to check 5 suitcases. In the past we've checked 2!
I’m very good at checking 3 bags when it’s just DH and I and then each of us bringing a carry on so i just can’t imagine what’s in FIVE checked bags 😂

I sure wish I had seen this before planning to arrive on the 9th!

“Colorado State University tropical scientist Phil Klotzbach said that roughly three-quarters of Atlantic hurricane seasons since 1966 have had at least one active named storm on Sept. 10. Also, half of all seasons have had at least one active hurricane on this date.“
Looks like this year there will not be a named hurricane on Sept 10 - several names storms, but no hurricane. And this season is going to be the half that doesn't have an active hurricane in this date.

Well I think I"m all packed except for the last minute electronical things. This has been the most stressful packing I've ever done. We're going to check 5 suitcases. In the past we've checked 2!

We're in the same boat. We're on SW so with 2 free each we want to make sure we bring enough for souvenirs on the way home. My last trip I paid a fortune in shipping to get our stuff home. We had ro find boxes for lightsabers, snowglobes...it was a mess. They aren't even shipping things from the resort right now are they?

7 days for me, too!

I'm one of those late packers... Are there any? Maybe I'm alone. Usually for my Sept trip I work all day (in live entertainment Labor Day is a busy one) then pack when I get home for a 10:30/11:00PM red-eye to Orlando. My flight was changed to 10:00AM so I'll pack on Sunday.

That's my DH! It drives me crazy that he will pack the day before or even day of sometimes! I have literally had the clothes I'm taking hanging up in our guest room closet since March, when we were originally supposed to go in April! I haven't touched them because I didn't want to jinx getting to go this year. Now of course some toiletries and things you can't pack till last minute, but I have to at least get stuff out to make sure I don't forget. Then there's shoes to match, jewelry, makeup, hair stuff... of wait, that's why he can pack so easily!

That's my DH! It drives me crazy that he will pack the day before or even day of sometimes! I have literally had the clothes I'm taking hanging up in our guest room closet since March, when we were originally supposed to go in April! I haven't touched them because I didn't want to jinx getting to go this year. Now of course some toiletries and things you can't pack till last minute, but I have to at least get stuff out to make sure I don't forget. Then there's shoes to match, jewelry, makeup, hair stuff... of wait, that's why he can pack so easily!

At least you can skip the makeup this time since everyone will be wearing masks! Well, maybe eye makeup and sunscreen still...

I’m very good at checking 3 bags when it’s just DH and I and then each of us bringing a carry on so i just can’t imagine what’s in FIVE checked bags 😂
lol. We're down for 19 days. The first week we're there we're staying at Bonnet Creek so have inter-tubes packed because they don't have them right now (for the lazy river). We are also leaving some space for souvenirs. My kids each got that cute Mickey luggage from Costco so they have their clothes packed themselves (so that's 2 that get checked) #3 is the inter-tubes and shoes, #4 is masks, refillable mugs (Universal and Sea World) and antibacterial things, finally #5 is DH and My clothes. lol The shoe suitcase isn't that big and only has 5 pairs of shoes. My kids both have adult size feet now so shoes take up a lot of room. haha

My son's carry on has snacks and my daughters has Mickey Ears and her HP wand.

We're in the same boat. We're on SW so with 2 free each we want to make sure we bring enough for souvenirs on the way home. My last trip I paid a fortune in shipping to get our stuff home. We had ro find boxes for lightsabers, snowglobes...it was a mess. They aren't even shipping things from the resort right now are they?
I believe you can ship things home but you can't send your stuff from the parks to your hotel. My kids are each planning on getting a droid so I'm not exactly sure how we'll get those home. I guess they'll become their carry ons.

We leave two weeks from today! I probably will not pack until the day before we leave. Mind you, this is adult only so I don't have to pack for children.

We will only be there for 6 days and had planned on taking carry-on only, but then I remembered I need to bring back Christmas shopping so we will probably check a bag just so I have room to bring that back and not have to pay for shipping.:)

Ok THAT explains it! Have a great trip!
When the world ended we had a 10day trip planned for Universal in May and already a Disney trip for Sept. We just tacked on our canceled trip onto September. My parents were supposed to be with us for the first 10 days of this trip but ended up canceling a couple of weeks ago. So now we get a 3 bedroom at Bonnet Creek all to ourselves.

Hey guys, guess what??? We can finally say we're going to Disney this month!!!! I can't wait to hear back from all of you about your trips! I hope all of you have a magical and safe vacation!
I flipped the page of my paper calendar and thought, "FINALLY!" Thought, many times, this trip would never happen. Now lets blow all the Sept hurricanes off-shore!
16 days for us.

Even tho I have a few essentials that I do not want to forget lying out on guest bed I probably won’t pack until the night before this time around! Which is highly unusual for me. I am one who usually begins packing a few weeks out and then finishes up the weekend prior to departure! Leaving 2 weeks from this Thursday after work and fly out early Friday morning.
Safe and happy trips to all. Looking forward to reports from those going before me. 😊

25 days to go. I don't start packing until the night before, but I do line up my clothes in the closet that are for vacation and so it is relatively easy.

I have an assortment of masks, sanitizing wipes and small handheld fans in my "arsenal" ready to be put in the suitcase. I have mostly disposable masks because that is what most people have said is the coolest. I am packing 100 disposables (25 each) and putting a few in each person's backpack in case they get sweaty.

We have been out of power almost SIX days dues to the winds of Hurricane Laura and so thinking about vacation is sort of in the back of my mind right now. We have a generator that is running our fridge, 2 freezers, internet, tv, a couple of lamps, microwave, coffee pot and two portable air conditioners. We are doing better than most in our area. We have been trying to help out our neighbors who are mostly older. The heat index is over 105 every day and if you have not experience LA humidity-it is like Florida's.

Checked in for our flight ✈️. Looks like there is room. Usually I pack ahead but I just finished packing a few minutes ago 😳 I guess it really is going to happen. One bag to check and three carry ons. This trip seems a little surreal for me. Just grateful to get to go!

Checked in for our flight. Got A52-54 and B3(I'm on a companion pass so separate check in). I think the flight will be "full".
Checked in for our flight ✈. Looks like there is room. Usually I pack ahead but I just finished packing a few minutes ago 😳 I guess it really is going to happen. One bag to check and three carry ons. This trip seems a little surreal for me. Just grateful to get to go!

Where are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter