***Official September 2020 Thread***

I was kind of bummed by the “new” rule. Was planning on buying popcorn And yummy drinks and wasn’t trying to skirt the rules but don’t really feel like pulling off to the side, I like to sip on my drinks and the popcorn was to keep kids entertained while walking around
I get it, I was thinking if we had a straw and could put it under the mask to take a drink that could work but no. We were at Universal the second full week they were open and as long as nobody was around, that's what we did.

I was kind of bummed by the “new” rule. Was planning on buying popcorn And yummy drinks and wasn’t trying to skirt the rules but don’t really feel like pulling off to the side, I like to sip on my drinks and the popcorn was to keep kids entertained while walking around

We don't have any children with us this time, but I totally know what you mean by keeping the kids occupied while navigating the parks. I can't tell you how many times I refilled our popcorn bucket when we took four of our grandchildren. We had a double and a single stroller and they alternated but one of them always had the popcorn bucket. I guess park touring will have to be at a slower pace if you want to have a quick snack and drink. They just need plenty of "relaxation stations" at every park.

I can't speak for any other airlines, but I know American, if your flight changes by more than an hour, you can change your flight to a different, more suitable flight with no change fee.

All lines will let you change your flight for no fee if they changed their schedule. If you don't like what they give you take a look at their flights and then just call to change. BE NICE!

But the Op asked about compensation...nope.

I should count myself lucky then...this is the first time I have ever had a flight change. Thank you for posting about checking for seat changes, when I looked they had our party of 3 in 3 different rows. I attempted changing our seats online but it would not update (the app did not work either). It only took 3 separate calls to Alaska airlines to sort it out 🤷‍♀️
I also had to make 3 calls about our missing swan reservation. This is becoming a memorable wdw planning experience!
I should count myself lucky then...this is the first time I have ever had a flight change. Thank you for posting about checking for seat changes, when I looked they had our party of 3 in 3 different rows. I attempted changing our seats online but it would not update (the app did not work either). It only took 3 separate calls to Alaska airlines to sort it out 🤷‍♀️
I also had to make 3 calls about our missing swan reservation. This is becoming a memorable wdw planning experience!

I am hopeful that by next September things will improve. Our next year trip will be aulani and the Disneyland as long as all the restrictions are lifted and asteroids ☄ do not collide with Earth. 🤪

I should have let you know you would have to call. Good that it worked out. And I guess I'll call my self unlucky....with flights. I'd say 9 out of 10 are changed in some way. Usually just around 30 minutes or so. But I'd say about a third of the time by over an hour. Of course I've had my luggage lost a few times also.

Wednesday is our ADR day, I think I'm only going to book Droid Depot and Oga's and leave the rest up to fate lol I know pre-covid, i was told i didn't need to go in with ADRs as long as we didn't want anything super popular...what do you guys think of doing it that way now?

With things changing the way they are, who knows what will be open and what won't by the end of September. We're going to have a list of places we want to try, and go from there. I know i want to try Homecomin' and stop at Jock Lindsay's. The one ADR i was super excited about and looking forward to was Ohana for dinner, but we all know that's off the table.
I don’t know. With the limited capacity at all restaurants, I’m going to try to book one per day based on which Park we are at. With no DDP and less places to choose from, we may not have as many table service meals. No Garden Grill breakfast, no Yachtsman or Ohana’s. With food a good part our trip, I just don’t know.

Wednesday is our ADR day, I think I'm only going to book Droid Depot and Oga's and leave the rest up to fate lol I know pre-covid, i was told i didn't need to go in with ADRs as long as we didn't want anything super popular...what do you guys think of doing it that way now?

With things changing the way they are, who knows what will be open and what won't by the end of September. We're going to have a list of places we want to try, and go from there. I know i want to try Homecomin' and stop at Jock Lindsay's. The one ADR i was super excited about and looking forward to was Ohana for dinner, but we all know that's off the table.

This is the only trip that we have gone on and made lunch ARD's every day. We can drop them as time goes along.

haha....what Junior8 said!

I went back and forth on making lunch ADRs for a guaranteed air-conditioned park break but opted instead to entertain ourselves in the evenings with a nice sit-down dinner since the parks close relatively early - better than sitting in our hotel room with quick service every night.

I don’t know. With the limited capacity at all restaurants, I’m going to try to book one per day based on which Park we are at. With no DDP and less places to choose from, we may not have as many table service meals. No Garden Grill breakfast, no Yachtsman or Ohana’s. With food a good part our trip, I just don’t know.
This is the only trip that we have gone on and made lunch ARD's every day. We can drop them as time goes along.

haha....what Junior8 said!

Now you have me thinking I should at least make one per day. I better get to work lol

I also thought that about no DDP and limited menus...will we eat or want to eat at as many places?

I went back and forth on making lunch ADRs for a guaranteed air-conditioned park break but opted instead to entertain ourselves in the evenings with a nice sit-down dinner since the parks close relatively early - better than sitting in our hotel room with quick service every night.

Resort quick service every day is what I'm afraid of.

The advantages of paying through the nose and having a kitchen.
💵511948

I opted for ADRs for dinner because I hate eating dinner at the resort. We will be okay eating breakfast at the resort and getting QS for lunch. Although I am toying with trying to get a breakfast ADR for Chef Mickey's.

I opted for ADRs for dinner because I hate eating dinner at the resort. We will be okay eating breakfast at the resort and getting QS for lunch. Although I am toying with trying to get a breakfast ADR for Chef Mickey's.

The one breakfast I was excited to try was Ale & Compass but they're not opening as of right now (maybe that changed/could change). I'm OK with QS for breakfast as long as it's not one of the resort's infamously stale cinnamon rolls 😂

Our original Sept. trip was to be a "first trip" for DDIL and DGD2, but they've decided the mask for DGD won't be doable and to wait until hopefully next year. So that means DH and I will do another (shortened) solo trip :) We were going to stay at AOA with them but are now at BRV since my beloved WL isn't open. We're going Sept. 23-27th and meeting our DIS friends down there whom we are also meeting down there this Friday!

As for dining we'll make a Tiffins dinner reservation for one night but right now that's it; we'll wait a bit and see if any additional restaurants open. Normally when we go without our kids we only book 1 or 2 meals ahead of time and to the rest day of but as a pp mentioned with the limited capacity in restaurants, we made sure for our trip later this week to book 1-2 meals a day for the a/c and because other dining options are limited throughout the parks. I'm REALLY hoping Narcoossee's, Citricos, Jiko, Flying Fish or some combo of those open for September!

We officially had our resort changed from AKL Jambo house to the Poly.

They offered a studio villa at Boulder Ridge for price protection but we were not interested the Poly price upgrade was very minimal since we had a savannah view booked anyways.

I am hoping you were not DVC, is that correct?

I haven't heard of anyone having a hard time getting what they wanted for their trip, I wouldn't be too worried. I completely forgot about ADRs until 5 days after my window open and I was able to get California Grill, Oga's, and Homecomin' Brunch with no issue. The only snag I ran into was that certain resort restaurants (like Sebastian's) weren't available because they weren't open yet (even though it should be open by our trip) so I'll have to keep my eye on that.

Good luck! I think you'll get everything you want :)

I was unable to get Oga's, Topolinos and Beaches & Cream... I was finally able to get Beaches today. Changed plans for Topolino's and was reminded by this thread of Homecomin'...we will try there instead. After reading here, I think we are going to try to book 1 air conditioned lunch each day to make sure we have a chance to cool off and a place to eat (mostly for the cooling off).

I should have let you know you would have to call. Good that it worked out. And I guess I'll call my self unlucky....with flights. I'd say 9 out of 10 are changed in some way. Usually just around 30 minutes or so. But I'd say about a third of the time by over an hour. Of course I've had my luggage lost a few times also.

I really do appreciate you sharing your experiences (although I am sorry that you have had to go through them). I was surprised today when I checked my email...the airline gave me some free miles for my "recent negative experience" (probably because of the three different calls I had to make to get the changes & website problems?)

We are still booked and hoping to go but nowhere 100% sure yet. Been trying multiple masks to try and find the best one for down there other than the paper ones which we will be taking also.

We purchased the memory maker before all of this happened but we don't want pictures of ourselves in masks so need to call and see if we can get a refund. They say you can't but I am sure going to try. Anyone tried and had any luck?

I'm still undecided on masks to take, though DH got a bunch of disposable ones that he said he is fine with wearing. On the note of Memory Maker- one of the first things DH said when it was originally announced about having to wear masks was "That's gonna make for some funny ride photos!" I scrapbook, so I am definitely going to make sure we get lots of pics so we can remember this trip as "the one we had to wear masks!" That's kind of why I wasn't to find some cute masks- stupid, I know... Let me know if you have any recommendations!

I was thinking the same thing! I initially thought it would be easier to snag adr's, or not necessary, but then when I saw how many places wouldn't be open, and figuring that just because they are open, they may not be at full capacity, we still might not be able to get a walk up. I went ahead and booked one adr per day, varying between breakfast. lunch and dinner.

The one breakfast I was excited to try was Ale & Compass but they're not opening as of right now (maybe that changed/could change). I'm OK with QS for breakfast as long as it's not one of the resort's infamously stale cinnamon rolls 😂

Me too! Originally we were going to stay at YC, so I had it booked for breakfast and our arrival dinner. I changed it when we moved the trip from April to Sept. and were going to be at CSR. Then when those adr's were cancelled, and we moved to BC I thought I could maybe get A&C again... nope! Here's to hoping they will open it again by our trip and we will get to go!

I was unable to get Oga's, Topolinos and Beaches & Cream... I was finally able to get Beaches today. Changed plans for Topolino's and was reminded by this thread of Homecomin'...we will try there instead. After reading here, I think we are going to try to book 1 air conditioned lunch each day to make sure we have a chance to cool off and a place to eat (mostly for the cooling off).

We couldn't get Sci-Fi and I almost couldn't get B&C- I had to settle for a time I'm not real happy with. Keep trying- hopefully we'll be able to get what we want before our trips guys! Those of you who haven't been to Homecomin'- you got try it! Hands down all 6 of our group's favorite meal last summer!

Weird question...we like to take our Yeti tumbler and fill that through out the day, and it looks like that won't be very helpful this year. If we order bottled water, can we bring in multiple bottles? how will that work with security?

Weird question...we like to take our Yeti tumbler and fill that through out the day, and it looks like that won't be very helpful this year. If we order bottled water, can we bring in multiple bottles? how will that work with security?
You can ask for water at food places and pour it in your bottle to refill it.

You can ask for water at food places and pour it in your bottle to refill it.
That's what we usually do with our Yeti...fill it up in the food court in the morning and then refill as we go, but it looks like it's not going to be as easy to get the water. It will still be available but it may be a little tougher to get.

Do you have access to a collapsible cooler that you can take into the park with you to make storage easier? The parks allow outside food and drinks, so I don't see why this would be a problem, other than figuring out a place to store everything. If you have a small child and take a stroller, those are always helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter