***Official September 2020 Thread***

We just got the news that we have to go from PDX to SEA. No longer a direct flight. POOH! No first class for us...haha....

I see you are staying at Boardwalk Villa also!!!
Thank you for posting this because I had no notification. I opened the app to see a notification and then had to call. Do they even compensate for these changes? This was more $ as it was direct. Ugh

We just got the news that we have to go from PDX to SEA. No longer a direct flight. POOH! No first class for us...haha....

I see you are staying at Boardwalk Villa also!!!
Yes, our home resort.

Thank you for posting this because I had no notification. I opened the app to see a notification and then had to call. Do they even compensate for these changes? This was more $ as it was direct. Ugh
My flights with Southwest were changed from nonstop to one stop with no change in price. I wasn't happy.

Our direct flight from Philadelphia to Orlando on Southwest was changed to include two stops. If they gave us a longer layover time it could have been a great party flight with stop in Nashville and then New Orleans. :rotfl2:

We decided to rebook an earlier direct flight instead of adding three hours to our travel time.

Able to make all our dining reservations today and got everything we wanted. The only thing we didn't see available was Nomad Lounge which I guess is not accepting it reservations. Now we just need this trip to happen!

My POFQ reservation originally scheduled for 9/9-9/16 has been changed new reservation is 9/9-9/12 at POP and 9/12-9/16 at Poly.

very disappointed with Disney regarding changing my original POFQ Garden Room reservation. I was only offered a standard room at CBR and when I explained that I needed a ground floor room since there was no elevator and my mother would be using a walker or ECV. I was told I could make a request but they would not guarantee the room. The 2nd time I called the CM even suggested I consider rescheduling my trip for a future visit or I could pay rack rate to upgrade to a resort with an elevator. I emailed guest services and have never received a response. then last week when the AP discount showed up I booked a whole new reservation.

Last edited:

Able to make all our dining reservations today and got everything we wanted. The only thing we didn't see available was Nomad Lounge which I guess is not accepting it reservations. Now we just need this trip to happen!
Nomad lounge has never taken reservations. It’s walk in only.

I was able to make our ADR's on Wed. and got pretty much everything we wanted, with the exception of Sci-Fi (no availability the whole day we are at DHS, and it was the 1st one I tried to get AND it is later in our trip) and a few we had booked originally but are not going to be open now. I'll share our plans, but y'all have to share yours too! I love seeing where everyone is eating (ok, I just really love food!)
*= new for us

Arrival Day:
dinner at The Grand Floridian Café* @ 6:00 (popping over to MK Guest Relations before that to activate our military tickets)

AK day:
quick breakfast at Isle of Java
lunch at Satuli Canteen*
dinner at Beaches & Cream* @ 6:15 (I will keep trying to get this pushed farther back since AK closes at 6, but it was the only time I could get- nothing available for arrival night either)

MK day:
breakfast at BC Market
lunch at Jungle Navigation* @ 12:55
dinner at Friar's Nook* or Gaston's*, followed by a Dole Whip

Epcot day:
breakfast at Kona Café @9:05
lunch & dinner- eating at all the International Food & Wine Festival booths

Down day:
breakfast at BC Market
lunch at Hurricane Hanna's* while lounging at SAB (fingers crossed!)
dinner at City Works Eatery & Pour House* @6:00 (highly recommended by DS1)

DHS day:
breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery
lunch at 50's Prime Time @1:00
dinner at Woody's Lunchbox*

MK day:
breakfast at Whispering Canyon @9:00
lunch at Sleepy Hollow
dinner at Pecos Bill's, followed by another Dole Whip

Departure day:
breakfast at BC Market

Compensation??? haha...sorry didn't mean to laugh. But all airlines do this. I usually purchase my airline ticket waaaaay in advance. And count myself lucky if there are no changes. I go into the site/s every few weeks and as it gets closer I check more often. Also if you are reassigned they sometimes don't reseat you. So you have to call to get seats.

Compensation??? haha...sorry didn't mean to laugh. But all airlines do this. I usually purchase my airline ticket waaaaay in advance. And count myself lucky if there are no changes. I go into the site/s every few weeks and as it gets closer I check more often. Also if you are reassigned they sometimes don't reseat you. So you have to call to get seats.

I can't speak for any other airlines, but I know American, if your flight changes by more than an hour, you can change your flight to a different, more suitable flight with no change fee.

Quick mask update. I went to Six Flags Over Texas yesterday. Temps 98-99 with heat index around 105-110. Mask required. I was miserable. After that experience, I sincerely hope WDW has changed their policy by next September. We were only there for 4-5 hours. I don't know if I could do all day multiple days in a row. If they still have a mask requirement, I may have to give cancelling some serious consideration.

I should count myself lucky then...this is the first time I have ever had a flight change. Thank you for posting about checking for seat changes, when I looked they had our party of 3 in 3 different rows. I attempted changing our seats online but it would not update (the app did not work either). It only took 3 separate calls to Alaska airlines to sort it out 🤷‍♀️
I also had to make 3 calls about our missing swan reservation. This is becoming a memorable wdw planning experience!

Quick mask update. I went to Six Flags Over Texas yesterday. Temps 98-99 with heat index around 105-110. Mask required. I was miserable. After that experience, I sincerely hope WDW has changed their policy by next September. We were only there for 4-5 hours. I don't know if I could do all day multiple days in a row. If they still have a mask requirement, I may have to give cancelling some serious consideration.
I am hopeful that by next September things will improve. Our next year trip will be aulani and the Disneyland as long as all the restrictions are lifted and asteroids ☄️ do not collide with Earth. 🤪

I should count myself lucky then...this is the first time I have ever had a flight change. Thank you for posting about checking for seat changes, when I looked they had our party of 3 in 3 different rows. I attempted changing our seats online but it would not update (the app did not work either). It only took 3 separate calls to Alaska airlines to sort it out 🤷‍♀️
I also had to make 3 calls about our missing swan reservation. This is becoming a memorable wdw planning experience!

I am hopeful that by next September things will improve. Our next year trip will be aulani and the Disneyland as long as all the restrictions are lifted and asteroids ☄ do not collide with Earth. 🤪

I've got "asteroids in November" in the 2020 Doomsday office pool. I had "killer bees in August". I was so close! ;-)

We've got the same temps here in the Charleston, SC area, with even higher humidity, so I know what you mean! Lately at work going out to check the mail or when I have to work with delivery drivers for those few minutes I think "What am I getting myself into going to Disney?"
I haven't been to SFOT since I was a tween (cousins lived in Dallas), and during high school we lived in the Houston area so we had season passes to AstroWorld (RIP...)- a SF park- and went all the time (it helped that before we could drive we had a mom who was a teacher and would drive us and friends). Don't know if it's still like this, but the majority of their attractions require standing in line outside with little to no shade. I wonder if it will help that a lot of the waiting in line at WDW can be done inside with AC? Just a thought.

We've got the same temps here in the Charleston, SC area, with even higher humidity, so I know what you mean! Lately at work going out to check the mail or when I have to work with delivery drivers for those few minutes I think "What am I getting myself into going to Disney?"
I haven't been to SFOT since I was a tween (cousins lived in Dallas), and during high school we lived in the Houston area so we had season passes to AstroWorld (RIP...)- a SF park- and went all the time (it helped that before we could drive we had a mom who was a teacher and would drive us and friends). Don't know if it's still like this, but the majority of their attractions require standing in line outside with little to no shade. I wonder if it will help that a lot of the waiting in line at WDW can be done inside with AC? Just a thought.

im thinking this past week or so has been unusually high? With the generous cancellation policy in place we may cancel if a few days before our trip if they show extreme high temps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter