***Official September 2020 Thread***

Awww... well at least you have trips to look forward to next year. Those are good times to go.

Speaking of masks, I just saw where Disney released their mask policy, stating that gaiters or bandanas will not count as "face coverings." I have been wearing gaiters at work since they are more breathable, comfortable, and allow me to not have to keep up with it when I pull it up or down- it just works best for me personally. So now I guess I need to go source some masks for our Disney trip. DH was already saying we should get some of the disposable ones to bring as back ups each day anyway, but not sure I want to wear one the whole day. Their policy also states it needs to cover your nose, mouth, and chin, so I think fit would be important. Anyone have recommendations here for something they like? I just don't want to go on the threads about mask wearing with all the craziness over there... TIA!
I have to wear a mask everyday to work, and my favorites are actually from Old Navy. They are comfortable, breathable and really affordable (5 for $15). The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't have a nose wire, so they fog up when I wear my glasses in a/c (no issues in the outdoors, especially with humidity). The Gap also sells the same masks for slightly more money with a nose wire (I thinks 3 for $15).

I have to wear a mask everyday to work, and my favorites are actually from Old Navy. They are comfortable, breathable and really affordable (5 for $15). The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't have a nose wire, so they fog up when I wear my glasses in a/c (no issues in the outdoors, especially with humidity). The Gap also sells the same masks for slightly more money with a nose wire (I thinks 3 for $15).
I bought some Z Clear lens cleaner & anti fog spray from Amazon. I applied once to my sunglasses and get no more fog. Its pretty awesome. Some glasses may need a few applications to work 100% but i definitely recommend.

On a mask that has no wire, take the wire out of a zip tie from a bread or trash bag tie, feed it through the material on the nose section. It works like a charm!

Very helpful cast members today. I made ADRs for our Sept 12 trip, plus made it through to resort reservations regarding our POR Royal Guest room reservations. They bumped us up to Disney's Beach Club Resort which was surprising.
Also, some may be interested to know, that the cast members recommended waiting to change/ refund the Park Hopper feature on our tickets as "we aren't sure if park hopping will be available in September". Very optimistic!

Well I hope that I will be making meal ressies next Saturday. 60 days out.

Fly or drive...haha...we are in the Pacific Northwest.

Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. We'll just avoid that. We don't go to the airport to hang out.

Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplane.
We are coming from Seattle as well so driving is not an option. We do have first class tickets so I am counting on a little bit more social distancing in the airplane.

We've cancelled our trip that was supposed to start Sept 2nd :sad: With the rising cases, the US borders still being shut and the FCO still advising against travelling to the US, I'd be pretty surprised if our flights are even going ahead. I emailed Disney to cancel and they got back to me in 15 minutes saying they'd cancelled it for me. I've also contacted Cirque de Soleil and City Sightseeing Orlando to get our show and tours refunded. I'm hoping Cirque won't be difficult about refunding the tickets and that Virgin will cancel our flights so we can get a full refund instead of changing to an open ticket.

Well that didn't take long. Virgin Atlantic cancelled our flights today, so now just have to wait for them to get back to me about getting a refund, which apparently can take weeks. And then there's a 120 day wait for the actual refund to happen :scared:

Very helpful cast members today. I made ADRs for our Sept 12 trip, plus made it through to resort reservations regarding our POR Royal Guest room reservations. They bumped us up to Disney's Beach Club Resort which was surprising.
Also, some may be interested to know, that the cast members recommended waiting to change/ refund the Park Hopper feature on our tickets as "we aren't sure if park hopping will be available in September". Very optimistic!

Nice upgrade! I really wish I understood how Disney is assigning these new resorts. We got moved from Port Orleans French Quarter to Caribbean Beach resort and we're extremely unhappy. I called a second and third time trying to get moved because we just were simply not going to stay there and could get no help. We ended up upgrading to the Riviera Resort which we are very excited for since they have Skyliner and three of the five days we are there we will be transporting back and forth to the parks in our own private area.

Out of all the resorts available for this adult only trip I feel like Riviera will be a great fit for us. It just doesn't make sense how Disney is moving people all over the place and then telling other people there's nothing they can do except move to a same category resort.

Last edited:
I tried to cancel my Hopper option a couple of times but got impatient after 15 (or so) minutes on the phone. To keep myself sane I started considering that by September they might allow hopping. Nice to hear a CM consider that, too. I'll stay optimistic!

I tried to cancel my Hopper option a couple of times but got impatient after 15 (or so) minutes on the phone. To keep myself sane I started considering that by September they might allow hopping. Nice to hear a CM consider that, too. I'll stay optimistic!
Yes, they said there won't be any problem to get the park Hopper portion refunded even if we ask for the refund on the first day of our trip. I smiled pretty big when she said "you should hold off on the refund just in case we're actually able to allow park hopping in September."

Nice upgrade! I really wish I understood how Disney is assigning these new resorts. We got moved from Port Orleans French Quarter to Caribbean Beach resort and we're extremely unhappy. I called a second and third time trying to get moved because we just were simply not going to stay there and could get no help. We ended up upgrading to the Riviera Resort which we are very excited for since they have Skyliner and three of the five days we are there we will be transporting back and forth to the parks in our own private area.

Out of all the resorts available for this adult only trip I feel like Riviera will be a great fit for us. It just doesn't make sense how Disney is moving people all over the place and then telling other people there's nothing they can do except move to a same category resort.
All I can recommend is to keep calling and asking. I called countless times (most unable to connect to live cast members or had unbearable hold times). I actually spoke to three cast members on three different days about POR being closed, leveraging that I had paid for the Royal Guest Room upgrade every time. It wasn't until that third cast member that I was actually offered the upgrade to the Beach Club Resort. She did have to place me on hold for almost 15 minutes just to get pre authorization from her managers.

Joining this thread--I'd planned a short solo trip at one of the Disney Springs hotels for the beginning of October and bumped it to the last full week of September when that AP resort discount got rolled out. Pretty good when it only costs $30 more total to change an offsite stay to onsite. Keeping an eye on things as they unfold, naturally; I'm not concerned about my ability to wear a mask in the heat but I do have some concerns about air travel. Glad to have Skyliner access again for this trip.

All I can recommend is to keep calling and asking. I called countless times (most unable to connect to live cast members or had unbearable hold times). I actually spoke to three cast members on three different days about POR being closed, leveraging that I had paid for the Royal Guest Room upgrade every time. It wasn't until that third cast member that I was actually offered the upgrade to the Beach Club Resort. She did have to place me on hold for almost 15 minutes just to get pre authorization from her managers.

We already changed so we are set. Our upgrade fee we paid was not much at all :confused: considering we were moving up to the Rivera. Hoping this trip happens!! Doing Dining on Friday : )

Just curious if it's worth buying an AP to get the room discount, do you guys think? It would save me about $800 at Yacht Club on our trip but a Platinum AP is like $1200 pp so I'd be spending $2400 out of pocket for the passes and saving $1500 between room/tickets...what would I save the other $900 on to make up the difference of the cost? We don't live local but have a 2nd trip coming up in Jan for the marathon although we were only planning on 1-2 park days since it's a short trip.

Just curious if it's worth buying an AP to get the room discount, do you guys think? It would save me about $800 at Yacht Club on our trip but a Platinum AP is like $1200 pp so I'd be spending $2400 out of pocket for the passes and saving $1500 between room/tickets...what would I save the other $900 on to make up the difference of the cost? We don't live local but have a 2nd trip coming up in Jan for the marathon although we were only planning on 1-2 park days since it's a short trip.

In the past, I have purchased a single ap for my party mainly for the room discount (and other discounts). I had to do the math to determine if it made sense cost wise. In our case, we were buying 10 day parkhoppers with no additional visits that year. Financially, it was a better deal to buy the single ap and 2 10 day park hoppers. I did check the black out dates to verify the level of ap too.

Last edited:
We are coming from Seattle as well so driving is not an option. We do have first class tickets so I am counting on a little bit more social distancing in the airplane.

We just got the news that we have to go from PDX to SEA. No longer a direct flight. POOH! No first class for us...haha....

I see you are staying at Boardwalk Villa also!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter