***Official September 2020 Thread***

The first six months of the opening is going to be terrible on the cast members. People have high expectations that will not be met and they are going to make their disappointment known.

I'm going specifically to experience The World under these unusual circumstances. I've put in my room request - and in the past I've had excellent luck getting the exact room I wanted - but if I don't get it this time around I'm going to accept it with a smile. I know transportation is going to be a challenge - I suspect it will be miserable. I hate the fact that we can't park hop. I hate the short park hours. I know I'm not going to get the restaurants and meals that I really love. Wearing a mask in the heat is going to be a....

I will NOT take any of this out on any cast member.

The first six months of the opening is going to be terrible on the cast members. People have high expectations that will not be met and they are going to make their disappointment known.

I'm going specifically to experience The World under these unusual circumstances. I've put in my room request - and in the past I've had excellent luck getting the exact room I wanted - but if I don't get it this time around I'm going to accept it with a smile. I know transportation is going to be a challenge - I suspect it will be miserable. I hate the fact that we can't park hop. I hate the short park hours. I know I'm not going to get the restaurants and meals that I really love. Wearing a mask in the heat is going to be a....

We have been going to our local theme park (Branson - Silver Dollar City) each weekend to get ready for Disney. Masks are required and it is hot and humid. They are doing a lot of the same things Disney will be doing. The first time we went out we left upset and angry because it just wasn't what we are used to and the masks were horrible to wear. Then we ordered some different ones and went back out again with a different attitude. We made a point to say hi to every employee we walked by and just changed our attitudes and boy did that make a big difference. We had a great day! So I agree if you are going you need to realize this is not going to be the Disney trips we are used to. We are treating it as a first-time visit really. If we start comparing it to other trips we will be disappointed for sure.

I agree that things will be challenging for cast and guest alike. I will not take things out on cast or guests, but I will expect CM’s to do their best, like they always do, to make all our stays enjoyable.

When we originally booked our flight back in October for this trip I got us on the last one out for the day because DH was working that day. Since then he was able to switch and have that day off. I have been wanting to move us up to an earlier flight but didn't want to risk losing the possible cancel credit that American is offering during all of this. I thought we were allowed one change/cancel for free. Decided to call this morning and found out we could change it once and not risk the cancel credit. So now we are leaving home at 6:30AM and getting in at 1:30 vs. our original arrival of after midnight. Just wish we could go into a park for the evening - we already have a 10 day ticket so would cost us another day one price to get another one and just not worth it for the short hours. So we will probably head to Disney Springs and eat dinner and do some shopping.

So this leads me to my question - what is your favorite table service restaurant to eat at in Disney Springs?
You could always do a Universal or Sea World day in the middle of your trip if either interest you, and do the half day in a park anyway. Maybe Epcot or HS since they'll be open later.
I'm hoping for some input/ insight from those who have stayed at Disney resorts...
I finally got through to Disney reservations. We have POR Royal Guest room reservations for mid Sept. We REALLY were looking forward to the Disney theming in the room and appeal of Port Orleans. Additionally, double beds are not going to cut it for me.
Disney only offered us transfer to Caribbean Beach without any extra charge, offering either a pirate room (double beds) or a room with two queen beds.
I'm disappointed to say the least. This option doesn't sound attractive.
What are your thoughts? Should I expect a better option? My request for better was met with "I'm sorry, this is the only thing I can offer you at this time." The CM also pressured me saying "we're only offering price protection for rebooking a different resort if you accept before July 10."
Unfortunately with the Theming of the Royal rooms at POR, theres not much that will match it other than the AoA suites. But CBR is a nice relaxing environment. We stayed just after the room refurb in 2018 and really enjoyed it. Youd think with all the money Disney has lost, theyd be eager to find ways to get guests to keep their reservations.

I just can't wait to get back. This was supposed to be my May trip with DS. Because I want to get 4 trips out of this AP, we will be going three times in a very short period. September then November then January.

Well, tomorrow is our 60-day mark but guess we still won't be able to make ADR's since they are only open to people up to September 2nd.

Well, tomorrow is our 60-day mark but guess we still won't be able to make ADR's since they are only open to people up to September 2nd.
Ours will be coming up this week as well. I wish they would release more info on when we can book so we know how to plan our work schedules. I’d like to make sure I’m not at work when they go live if I can.

Ours will be coming up this week as well. I wish they would release more info on when we can book so we know how to plan our work schedules. I’d like to make sure I’m not at work when they go live if I can.
Mine's this week as well. Ignoring the virus and assuming we go, it is the last bit of planning I really need to do.

Mine's this week as well. Ignoring the virus and assuming we go, it is the last bit of planning I really need to do.

mine is also this week...although I will be at the hospital as my sister’s birth partner (y’all don’t think she will mind if I take a break to schedule our ADRs?😂). I am not done rescheduling our first half of trip because of the cruise cancellation. I have been hesitant...like I am waiting for them to cancel something else. I am planning to book for universal the first 4 days and then a couple Wdw resort days...this part is more iffy.

Well, I officially cancelled the WDW resort half of our trip from Sept 14-18. We are likely not going at all but I am still holding on to my SOG reservation for some reason. I just can't let go. :(
We definitely plan to go Sept 2021 though! Just not 100% sure on the dates yet.

Well, I officially cancelled the WDW resort half of our trip from Sept 14-18. We are likely not going at all but I am still holding on to my SOG reservation for some reason. I just can't let go. :(
We definitely plan to go Sept 2021 though! Just not 100% sure on the dates yet.
yep. with the insanely stupid extension on the restriction on NY NJ and CT I may have no choice but to postpone.....UGGGG

We are still planning to go. Our trip starts 9/11. We do have flights booked but may or may not drive. We are coming from a state that is thankfully not on the quarantine list.

Two months from today (Sept 8) I get on a plane in Los Angeles and lead to The World!

Got all my ADRs scheduled at 5 am yesterday. We fly out on my birthday, September 5. I am starting to get excited despite all the restrictions. I just hope people behave responsibly and Disney's safety procedures turn out to be effective.

2020 park tickets and resort reservations available starting tomorrow for those who don't have them yet. I have a DVC rental booked for Labor Day week but no park tickets. Still very uncertain about getting on a plane and then going into a theme park but don't want to miss out if things drastically improve in the next couple of months, so I may purchase tickets.... hmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter