*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there are a few RoL specific "Made with Magic" items available, I'm assuming it's in place or will be in place, at the Discovery River Amphitheater.

MDE says "all programmed to light up at key moments around World Showcase". I've observed it at the FP viewing area.
RoL is compatible with Made with Magic merchandise. The best one to use is the RoL totem, but all other Made with Magic devices should work.

We went tonight. No line in FP section to get in at 6:40. We walked right to our middle ish seats. FP and Dining sections both were packed before 7pm. Recommend getting drink/beer/snack b4 entering theater. Light flowers available at bar outside theater. Some cool effects as you wait helped pass the time.

We loved the show.

Last edited:
Glad to hear I can book this with the DDP...I'll be there in late November this year...hopefully all the tech issues will be worked out by then...when can I book my dining ressie?? At the 180 day mark?? Thanks!!

John

We went tonight. No line in FP section to get in at 6:40. We walked right to our middle ish seats. FP and Dining sections both were packed before 7pm. Recommend getting drink/beer/snack b4 entering theater. Light flowers available at bar outside theater. Some cool effects as you wait helped pass the time.

We loved the show.

what time was your show? I cant see getting into place that early of my show is at 9:15 that would be insane for me

A request to everyone posting timing for RoL regarding when they got in line and how full the queues were for FP/SB/ADR, etc.

I am very interested in this as will be others. It will be more helpful if you also post the show times that night. With multiple shows on a night and show times changing each month as sunset changes, it will be more helpful to readers if they know the show time you are talking about.

I believe everyone here in the last few days are talking about shows at 7:15PM.

Thanks!

:wizard:
See above! :)

Here now and our Safari driver said there are 2 shows tonight, 7:15 and 8:30 but Times Guide only shows the early show. Just got in the theater now with our FP for the 7:15. There was no wait to get in and we have a seat in the 3rd row. Filling up now.

ETA: usher in the show just said only one show tonight so maybe Safari driver misspoke

Last edited:
Here now and our Safari driver said there are 2 shows tonight, 7:15 and 8:30 but Times Guide only shows the early show. Just got in the theater now with our FP for the 7:15. There was no wait to get in and we have a seat in the 3rd row. Filling up now.

ETA: usher in the show just said only one show tonight so maybe Safari driver misspoke
Safari drivers - just as reliable as bus drivers ;) Enjoy the show!

So what is the Asia Viewing Area in the Fastpass for this? Where do you get in the FP line?

Also does the 2nd showing mean they're extending closing time this weekend?

So what is the Asia Viewing Area in the Fastpass for this? Where do you get in the FP line?

Just past Kalili Rapids...heading towards EE. Great bar/kiosk out side the entrance on the left. Again, there was no line for FP about 30 mins prior to show when we went on a Thursday night of Feb break week. But standby looked packed. We had no prob getting seats for 10 of us in a row in middle of theater.

We did the Tusker dining package. We arrived at the theater at 6;20 for the 7:15 show and were surprised that it was more than half full, the dining package and stand by sections, in particular.

Honestly, we were underwhelmed. While the separate elements are beautiful, I found it lacked a cohesiveness and it felt very scattered. Perhaps because there are no ties to any IP there was no connection for us and it did not move us as Fantasmic does. I'm not saying only something that relates to an IP is moving as I have always found IllumiNations very moving. The music was uninspiring also. My 21 year old daughter felt the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter