*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not really a big fan of the night shows, parades, etc. I like them for the fact I can go on rides without crowds.

Now this show....did nothing to change that. :rotfl:

It was fine, I'm sure it will look better in person, but I though it was pretty boring. I also did not really feel moved by the music at all - and I can cry listening to the music from Illuminations!

But that's only my opinion which means nothing. And, I can go on Everest while everyone watches the show. ;)

Will the portion that has been cut from the version shown at the CM Preview return or is this the final version?Thanks.

It was cool and very pretty. I love floating lights. My one concern is that the pacing felt slow. I am worried my 3yr old niece won't sit through it - but we will see. Its worth a shot and it always feels more immersive in person.

Btw, I am rather so-so about Illuminations but love all the other night shows. I watched it in Sept from the FP+ area and was even more underwhelmed. Next trip, I'm watching from the Canada area - Much better from that viewpoint IMO!

Hi guys! Thanks for sharing our livestream from the event. I was actually a guest, not an attendee to the conference. So, I am not biased and Disney did not pay me for my review. LOL! We are regulars to Disney World. We are at the parks several times a week. So a huge Disney fan! I actually liked the show a lot! I saw the Jungle Book show two times and really did not like that show. Many people have compared it to the World of Color at California Adventure. I have seen that show many times, too. I thought the Rivers of Light was amazing and better than the World of Color! My entire family (including the kids) loved it! We will certainly be back again, once it opens! :)

Thanks for jumping in! We LOVED World of Color so this definitely makes ROL sound way more exciting!

Will the portion that has been cut from the version shown at the CM Preview return or is this the final version?Thanks.
Not that I know of. A larger portion of the cut pieces were parts that dragged on and that people complained about. This is as final as it's going to get.

My biggest disappointment was the fact the animal floats were not showcased more. Those floats are beautiful.

I really liked the we are one song. The projections were really good too.

I was lucky enough to attend as a guest. My kids and I LOVED the show! It was really amazing in person!
I also attended, but not as a guest. It was a fun night and tomorrow night at DHS will be as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I sensed that most in attendance did as well. It was visually stunning. The music and setting was terrific. However, I was underwhelmed by the show. For an obvious reason, I openly admit that I am jaded and my opinion should not sway anyone one way or the other. See it for yourself and decide.

I'm guessing I was one of the few by the way it was widely scorched, but I even liked the JB show. I sat in awe from beginning to end due to the beauty and theming. Even stayed seated as the crowd left, taking in the pretty water front and stadium. So I'm thrilled to death about this! I think it's beautiful! I love both the visuals and the soundtrack. I'm gonna fall in love seeing it in the atmosphere of the stadium. Can't wait til we're back in June! Asia & Africa have been my two favorite sections out of all the parks due to their exotic theming. It's a refreshing break from Mickey fever (and trust me, I love the mouse). I appreciate the addition of RoL and Pandora. Combined, my family won't be able to tear me away come nightfall!

I thought the beginning was too slow. Then it looked nice, but would I want to see it more than once? Hard to say. (I only have seen Fantasmic twice at Studios, but Ilove the DL version).

I thought it looked much different from the preview art rendering, that looked like all these animals, rushing to the sky or something?

After watching the Jones family live stream, perhaps most telling was the relative lack of clapping by the audience during the show (although I'm thinking that it was far from a full house). This to me indicates that there is no real "Wow" Disney moment. I'm not sure that this isn't going to be a one and done type of show with no need for repeats by the guests. I feel that there could have been more fire (figuratively and literally) and the show could have benefited by the use of drones during a peak in the story.

The thing that totally amazes me is that Disney has been (and still might be) so unprepared with this show. I expect to see a reworking of this whenever the technology and the vision to fully and artfully execute it finally come together.

We shall see...

~NM

Isn't 20+ minutes is rather long for just a light show? :rotfl2: Dang.

I love the concept of this show.. but I agree with everyone above who said, it doesn't seem to have a "wow" factor. Of course it's beautiful, but it doesn't seem to have much that makes it "quintessentially Disney," a "must-do," like Fantasmic! or Wishes. Kind of disappointing.

How will seating work for RoL? Do we need a dining package or a FP?
Also, what time do you think this will run in June? I have a Tiffins reservation, but it may be too late to eat and catch the show.

I'm not sure I'd waste a FP on this... and certainly wouldn't "pay" extra to see it with a dining package.

I thought it looked beautiful from the video... a little slow. People like fireworks but I realize because of the animals it does not work here. It is a good fit for AK.

Watched the video and actually liked the show but I was one of the very few that liked Jungle Book, so...As I said before, when people started hating on the JB show I though RoL would go the same way, no Disney characters and very ethnic and true to Asian music and dance. I love that Disney is trying to instill some culture and authentic feel, which is what I have always loved about AK. I think that what most people are feeling right now is a sense of over hype, created by Disney, if they would have just said, we have a new night show in AK, given details and that's it I think it would be better received, but after waiting basically a year, the hype has not gone away, in fact I think it has strengthened, they have been working to "fix it'" for almost a year so people expect true awe inspiring, life changing moments.
I for one am excited to see it in person.

I'm reserving judgement until I go see it in person. I'm not a fan of illuminations but just because no matter where I'm at, I can never see the earth that well and I get bored easily. I will certainly go see it at least once and I'm glad they are at least trying to get AK going at night without disturbing the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter