• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

101_0399.jpg

101_0400.jpg

101_0401.jpg

101_0402.jpg

101_0403.jpg

101_0404.jpg

101_0405.jpg

(I had company one evening. He didn't appreciate the bright flash)
101_0407.jpg
My 4 year old DD wanted to know if you tried to kiss the frog...It is DW after all and she was sure that it was a prince:rotfl2:

Site 328 - Nice site. Too small for a big rig, but plenty of room for a truck camper or popup. Backs up to the canal and dog walk.

Florida_2010_day101.JPG

Carol,

I just love your T@b and the whole set up! I just wondered, How do you pack it all for travelling? It looks like you bring a lot of stuff. Is it recommended to load your tow vehicle or the trailer? We're tent campers (but I'm hoping for a small trailer some day) so all we know is packing up the van.

Site 2031

Well, this was our first trip tent camping at FW in many years. It was also the first time I have stayed in the 2000 loop. As much as I loved having the TT in a premium loop, I have to honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this trip!!! Of course we had exceptional weather, and that always helps when you're in a tent.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic007.jpg

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic002.jpg

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic006.jpg

From the back of Site 2031 looking across the great divide over to 1000 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic005.jpg

Looking back toward our site from the dog walk behind 900 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic019.jpg

I was afraid I would feel so separated from the Meadow, and Settlement in this loop. However, it was not a bad walk from our site, down to the Group Camping area, then across this bridge and into 900 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic017.jpg

From the back of the 900 loop it's just a short walk to The Meadow.

Site 2031

Well, this was our first trip tent camping at FW in many years. It was also the first time I have stayed in the 2000 loop. As much as I loved having the TT in a premium loop, I have to honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this trip!!! Of course we had exceptional weather, and that always helps when you're in a tent.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic007.jpg

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic002.jpg

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic006.jpg

From the back of Site 2031 looking across the great divide over to 1000 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic005.jpg

Looking back toward our site from the dog walk behind 900 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic019.jpg

I was afraid I would feel so separated from the Meadow, and Settlement in this loop. However, it was not a bad walk from our site, down to the Group Camping area, then across this bridge and into 900 loop.

CarrolwoodPacificOctober2010BehindMagic017.jpg

From the back of the 900 loop it's just a short walk to The Meadow.

Hi ynottony99, a few questions about this site. It's really pretty and looks to have ample space, both on the pad and in the surrounding area. We are checking in on a saturday night, so I doubt we'll get a site in 1500 that first night. We check out and back in the next day, and I think we could get a site in 1500, but I don't know if we want to move after setting up camp the night before. (We'll have a toddler and 2 other kids with us.)

So, here goes:

1. How long was the walk to the internal bus stop?

2. How long was the walk to the comfort station?

3. Was the walk through to the 900 loop really rugged ground, or just grass? (We have strollers with us and I'm wondering if it would be possible to ride the strollers through that path)

4. Could you hear the campfire/movie at night?

Thanks for any input!

VP

hi ynottony99, a few questions about this site. It's really pretty and looks to have ample space, both on the pad and in the surrounding area. We are checking in on a saturday night, so i doubt we'll get a site in 1500 that first night. We check out and back in the next day, and i think we could get a site in 1500, but i don't know if we want to move after setting up camp the night before. (we'll have a toddler and 2 other kids with us.)

so, here goes:

1. How long was the walk to the internal bus stop?

2000 loop is big, and some sights are a pretty fair distance from the bus.

2. How long was the walk to the comfort station?

there are 2 comfort stations. We were about 5 sights from our cs. Again it is a big loop, and some sights will be more of a hike.

3. Was the walk through to the 900 loop really rugged ground, or just grass? (we have strollers with us and i'm wondering if it would be possible to ride the strollers through that path)

getting from 2000 to the group camping area requires cutting between 2 camp sites and there is a little "off roading" involved. Through the group camp sight you are walking on grass until you reach the bridge leading to 900. Once you are in 900 loop it is paved all the way.

4. Could you hear the campfire/movie at night?

yes we could hear it.

I wish i had more specifics for you. I think you will be able to size things up after you get there. Depending on the number of days you are staying, i am thinking you will want to move to 1500, all things considered.

thanks for any input!

Vp

Was that your site, Brent?

Edit: nevermind, I found your trip report (and thoughts on the site). Looking forward to reading it tomorrow!

This was our site this past weekend, site 1419. The motorhome is a 32 foot and there was more than enough room to park the jeep in front. We also could have parked further back if we wanted the back hanging over the canal, lol.
DSCI0405.jpg

DSCI0401.jpg

DSCI0402.jpg

DSCI0404.jpg

DSCI0403.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is 824. Not our favorite, but great for the kids since we were right by the comfort station.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter