• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

Site #218 which is a Preferred site for the Marathon weekend 2015. Equidistant left or right around the 200 loop on the outside.

How do you like this tent trailer? I would like to have one for different purposes. I would not bring it across the united states. Is it comfortable for sleeping?

How do you like this tent trailer? I would like to have one for different purposes. I would not bring it across the united states. Is it comfortable for sleeping?

I will PM/start-a-conversation with you regarding it. Bama Ed

Site 903 August 7th through the 16th 2015.
20150808_080755_zpspg6ayqlz.jpg

There are about 5 empty sites in the 900 loop. Several open sites throughout the Fort.

Update on the 900 loop. Just got back from the parks and there are 12 open sites. The parks pretty much mirror the campground. Not very crowded.

Update on the 900 loop. Just got back from the parks and there are 12 open sites. The parks pretty much mirror the campground. Not very crowded.
Thanks for the update. I faxed a loop request earlier to the Front Desk so hopefully they'll grant it and put us in the 900's.
Either way we'll stop by to say hi and to thank you for taking the time to answer!

Thanks for the update. I faxed a loop request earlier to the Front Desk so hopefully they'll grant it and put us in the 900's.
Either way we'll stop by to say hi and to thank you for taking the time to answer!
Faxes are not recommended anymore. You can use the MDE app to do your pre-check in and can place your rewuest there. Another option is to call Fort Wilderness directly.

The thing with faxes is it's a piece of paper that can get lost in the pile. It still may work, but isn't recommended. When you call they have your reservation pulled up and can place the request directly in so it is seen.

This is my first post to thank everyone for the great pics and information. I've been trolling this thread and ripping apart this whole site for all the WDW camping info I can get (I should probably send DisBoards some money; I'm sure I alone bumped their traffic to its monthly limits) in preparation for our first Fort stay ever in early Feb.

We've been campers for 2 years (with about 15 weekends under our belt now) so we're not newbies but are still working out the kinks. We have 4 kids, each one with their own jobs so we've gotten our setup/breakdown time to about 45 minutes :banana: but every time we're out we add to our have-to-buy or next-mod lists.

Full Disclosure: My wife and I were campers as kids and wanted to take our kids camping but never thought we could pull it off and so focused on WDW trips. On one of those trips we checked out the Fort and immediately knew what we had to do. The next month we bought a starter rig and still believe it to be our best investment ever. So, this trip will kind of be a 'full circle' for us and we couldn't be more excited.

We're coming from Cincinnati, OH (1000mi one-way) and it'll be our farthest trip ever, so to say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. We've requested the 1400 loop and will be camping with friends who are staying in a cabin (not sure how far away, but we've got our bikes).

I already see that I have to print out my DisBoards flag and build a Mickey Lap Post before we head out :) and will be on the lookout for others. I've been impressed at the friendliness of campers so can only imagine how friendly DisBoards campers must be!

I've gotta say, though, I'm having a bit of Rig-Envy! Some of your setups are incredible! Ours is functional with few bells/whistles but since we're camping to get away from it all I'm fine with it :)

I'll try to make my post-limit before we go so I can upload pics of our site once it's done.

Again thanks to everyone for all the detailed info, pics, hints, tricks and tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter