• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Thank you so much, yes we are eating at Trails End and I am afraid I would have went about it all wrong, again thanks! Do you think Samoa long house is a good option during the construction?

I haven't been to the Poly since the construction started, so I suggest you check out Tikiman's facebook page or web site for specific building recommendations during construction.

We are staying at the poly April 18-25. The pool maybe open by then. If it's not does anyone know if they will still be providing a day pass to blizzard beach?

For those wondering about choosing Samoa as their preferred choice, when we were at the Poly the last week in August, they had all the rooms in Samoa facing the Volcano pool out of the available room inventory... They were just starting work on the pool area, we didn't hear much while at the quiet pool, the odd jackhammer type noise - but as the refurb goes along, Samoa rooms even those facing the East pool, could be pretty noisy during the day.

Thanks for the info about the Samoa long house, if it is really close to the pool it could be noisy, something to consider for sure!

Thanks for the info about the Samoa long house, if it is really close to the pool it could be noisy, something to consider for sure!

Samoa is directly adjacent to the Volcano pool, steps away from it. That's why half the longhouse is unavailable for booking. The rooms on the other side of the hall overlook the East pool (quiet pool) which was barely being used when we were there (dispite 100F heat daily)

Can you see fireworks ok MK from beach? Worried bc am staying there for NYE and sole purpose was to watch fireworks. Thoughts?

Can you see fireworks ok MK from beach? Worried bc am staying there for NYE and sole purpose was to watch fireworks. Thoughts?

There is less beach space available right now during construction but as long as you are staying at poly you should be fine.

Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy:wizard:

(I posted some links yesterday on the regular poly thread that show the current beach area. )

When we stayed at Poly the view of the fireworks was better than when you were in the actual MK! We were sitting over near the beach- so I guess it depends on the beach access when you visit.

Any new photos of construction? We are booked for GF in April 2015, but really hoping we'll be able to switch to Poly (it's our fave!) if it looks like the pool will be ready. Tikimans page doesn't really seem updated much.

Any new photos of construction? We are booked for GF in April 2015, but really hoping we'll be able to switch to Poly (it's our fave!) if it looks like the pool will be ready. Tikimans page doesn't really seem updated much.

Not sure which Tikiman site you are on but Tikiman Facebook is updated daily, often hourly..can't get more updated than that!..you can find updates on construction that you will not find anywhere else.
You can see photos to answer ALL your questions about the status of the resort,
Click on his photo section on the left.
Also here is my newest film on 'OHANA…still as wonderful as every. Enjoy the film.
Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95GkQP9XI3A

Thank you Tim! I had been checking his regular website- I didn't know about the FB page. I'm off to look right now!!

Thank you Tim! I had been checking his regular website- I didn't know about the FB page. I'm off to look right now!!
You are welcome. His main Tikiman Pages site also has a lengthy 'September Update' with lots of additional info that is up to date and informative.

Not sure which Tikiman site you are on but Tikiman Facebook is updated daily, often hourly..can't get more updated than that!..you can find updates on construction that you will not find anywhere else.
You can see photos to answer ALL your questions about the status of the resort,
Click on his photo section on the left.
Also here is my newest film on 'OHANA…still as wonderful as every. Enjoy the film.
Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95GkQP9XI3A

Another great Film, Tim...thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry to say we are asking for a partial refund. A good deal of the resort is walled off. Staircases are closed. The monorail is being updated and has reduced hours. I wouldn't consider this resort at the current asking price and would only do so at a deeply discounted rate.
Sorry folks. I wish I could say the construction was not an eyesore but it was. The reduced services detracted from our enjoyment of our vacation.

I plan to stay again when the renovations are complete. Right now my honest opinion is......DON'T DO IT!:confused3

I'm sorry to say we are asking for a partial refund. A good deal of the resort is walled off. Staircases are closed. The monorail is being updated and has reduced hours. I wouldn't consider this resort at the current asking price and would only do so at a deeply discounted rate.
Sorry folks. I wish I could say the construction was not an eyesore but it was. The reduced services detracted from our enjoyment of our vacation.

I plan to stay again when the renovations are complete. Right now my honest opinion is......DON'T DO IT!:confused3

I agree 1000%. We were there last month and it was awful, really awful to ruin it like this and what was imho, prime season timing. UGH.

1. Fall sale was 30% off and passholder 35% for poly. Not sure why anyone would need to pay rack rate unless booking last minute:confused3

2. I don't hang out in the lobby anyways. I do enjoy Kona Cafe and Tambu Lounge, both are still open.

3. I am going with my Mom and don't need a kids pool.:beach:

4. I love convenience or transportation, the lush grounds, seeing castle from the property and the warm CM's. :goodvibes

5. Upgraded to CL in Hawaii so I know we will have a great time in November:cloud9:

I also have been watching the changes since day one and enjoy seeing the progress. :thumbsup2

Each family has to weigh the resorts current strengths and weaknesses, then decide what's best. Tikiman has great updates to help you decide too:flower3:

I love Poly and can't wait for my mom's first trip:yay: She is going to love it:lovestruc

1. Fall sale was 30% off and passholder 35% for poly. Not sure why anyone would need to pay rack rate unless booking last minute:confused3 2. I don't hang out in the lobby anyways. I do enjoy Kona Cafe and Tambu Lounge, both are still open. 3. I am going with my Mom and don't need a kids pool.:beach: 4. I love convenience or transportation, the lush grounds, seeing castle from the property and the warm CM's. :goodvibes 5. Upgraded to CL in Hawaii so I know we will have a great time in November:cloud9: I also have been watching the changes since day one and enjoy seeing the progress. :thumbsup2 Each family has to weigh the resorts current strengths and weaknesses, then decide what's best. Tikiman has great updates to help you decide too:flower3: I love Poly and can't wait for my mom's first trip:yay: She is going to love it:lovestruc

We were just at the Poly at the end of August and I'm in complete agreement with trishadono.

Planning right now for a February return, can't wait to see how much further along the refurb is then!

Kona Cafe reopened yesterday! #progress :)

(I can almost taste the pressed pot coffee now... lol. *sigh*) ;)

Just wondering what happens with the use of BB after it goes down for renos in January...will poly guest be allowed into TL?

I don't know if anyone can help me but I have a question on the CL rooms. I have stayed in the Hawaii rooms before & loved them:cheer2: I especially liked the first floor & being able to walk out of your rooms and see the lagoon & the MK. Can you still do this or are the DVC villas in the way? I am planning to go next June but I am not sure if I should stick with the Poly or try the CM. Any thoughts?

Hi, wondering if the monorail hours are still modified and if so is there a timeline when they may be back to full operating mode. I saw on earlier posts the monorail was back to normal operating hours, however, the last few posts on here say it is still restricted hours. We will be there 11/15-11/22 so hoping it will be full operating mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter