• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Sorry if this has be asked/answered already. What is going to be/ should be completed by the end of Feb? The pool? Is the beach affected? Thx!

Checked in to the Poly yesterday morning :)

Happy to try to answer any questions if I can..

We are truly enjoying it here the staff have gone way above & beyond to ensure our comfort & enjoyment of the Resort.

This morning we are at the quiet pool before heading to EPCOT this afternoon. There is most certainly construction noise, but it is def not obnoxious. You can tell there is allot going on at the Nanea (sp?) pool & can hear muffled indoor construction noises from Tokelau.

\ ;)

Thank you so much for posting! It is reassuring to hear from someone on site. We will be there in November, and have been concerned about the construction, but don't really like our alternatives.

Have you been over to the TTC yet? How bad is the walk now? We love being able to walk there, but want to make sure my whole group understands the walk may be a little further than expected.

Thank you so much for posting! It is reassuring to hear from someone on site. We will be there in November, and have been concerned about the construction, but don't really like our alternatives. Have you been over to the TTC yet? How bad is the walk now? We love being able to walk there, but want to make sure my whole group understands the walk may be a little further than expected.

I was there late July. Unless the walk gas changed, it wasn't bad. Basically, you have to walk along the front of the hotel, past the bus stop to get there. So staying in Tonga, we had to cut through GCH.

Hope your trip is good, and hopefully the monorail will be in full swing.

Thank you so much for posting! It is reassuring to hear from someone on site. We will be there in November, and have been concerned about the construction, but don't really like our alternatives. Have you been over to the TTC yet? How bad is the walk now? We love being able to walk there, but want to make sure my whole group understands the walk may be a little further than expected.

The walk is not as scenic as it once was.. lol. It is about the same distance on a walkway/pathway that runs from the front entrance, past the Kids Club, the laundry, the Bus stop for the parks and adjacent to the guest parking/staff parking - ending at the TTC.

Monorail schedules are being reworked again at the beginning of September. I can't remember the start/finish run times - but all 3 lines are affected. I gave the notice a quick glance, but didn't commit it to memory... sorry.

Maybe someone still at the Resort can check & post details.

I arrived home at 2:30am this morning & am a bit sleep deprived right now...
O.0

Thinking of returning to the Poly late July or early August of 2015. Any idea what condition the resort will be in at that point?
TIA

The walk is not as scenic as it once was.. lol. It is about the same distance on a walkway/pathway that runs from the front entrance, past the Kids Club, the laundry, the Bus stop for the parks and adjacent to the guest parking/staff parking - ending at the TTC.

I can't imagine how they can take out the waterfall, put all those bungalows on the beach (how many now?) and it still have the same scenic pleasurable views it once had. Hope I'm wrong, but very disappointed. We were there over a week ago (august 2014).

Thinking of returning to the Poly late July or early August of 2015. Any idea what condition the resort will be in at that point? TIA

According to the CM I chatted with a few times, things should be well on the way to being done for the most part. With the majority of what is left to be done being in the DVC section of the Resort.

The Volcano pool & GCH are due to be done by late spring. Then the East Pool goes down for a major redo. Those 2 areas being done will go a long long way to restoring the ambiance in the public areas. :)

According to the CM I chatted with a few times, things should be well on the way to being done for the most part. With the majority of what is left to be done being in the DVC section of the Resort.

The Volcano pool & GCH are due to be done by late spring. Then the East Pool goes down for a major redo. Those 2 areas being done will go a long long way to restoring the ambiance in the public areas. :)

Thanks for the info! Sounds like most things should be complete with just the East Pool possibly down and DVC construction still on going. Is that right?

Thanks for the info! Sounds like most things should be complete with just the East Pool possibly down and DVC construction still on going. Is that right?

That was the way I understood it from my conversations with CMs.
It's all looking like it is moving along right now, but you have to figure that it could change at any time.

In the week we were there alone, Captain Cooks had just re opened, The Moana Mercantile opened, as did the Pineapple Lanai. The new signage at the front of the resort is done, it's just a matter of turning on the water feature that is part of it. The work at the Volcano pool could be heard in the mornings (jackhammers) as could saws & drills be heard sporadically from Tokelau.

If they can keep to schedule - next summer should be seeing a whole new Poly.

I can't imagine how they can take out the waterfall, put all those bungalows on the beach (how many now?) and it still have the same scenic pleasurable views it once had. Hope I'm wrong, but very disappointed. We were there over a week ago (august 2014).

Really, I wonder if they will still expect people with rooms on the ground floor facing the MK, oh wait, sorry, facing the view of someone's bungalow to pay the same as before for a MK View. I know it wouldn't sit right with me.

Was just there this past week. We walked through the resort and were really disappointed with the changes that are happening. I feel really badly for the folks that were paying to stay at the resort during construction. There are nothing but walls...everywhere. The lobby just smelled of new construction and was not inviting in any way. If anyone has reservations during construction, I would definitely think about moving to another resort that would be more accommodating. It's a shame that for the high $ there is very little to be offered at this point. My heart just broke for the folks I saw meandering through the resort grounds. :sad2:

We are planning a WDW trip for April 2015. The Poly is our very favorite and would really like to stay there. I called Disney and the operator I spoke to seemed to think it would be ok by then. We do not want to stay there if pool is still under construction. Opinions anyone??

We are planning a WDW trip for April 2015. The Poly is our very favorite and would really like to stay there. I called Disney and the operator I spoke to seemed to think it would be ok by then. We do not want to stay there if pool is still under construction. Opinions anyone??
I have written a response and erased it 3 times because it sounds cold but since you asked....

There is just no way of knowing when the pool will be open for sure until we see people actually swimming in it. Plain and simple.

Over the years I have watched Disney construction and it is usually off as much as a month or more at times. Example the courtyard pool at GF had the date to open changed many, many times.

You just have to decide what is most important, staying at Poly with out a pool(possible) or your 2nd choice hotel with a guaranteed pool.

Only you can decide. Keep an eye on tikiman's facebook page with real time updates.:flower3:

Yes, I think you are right. Our second choice is Grand Floridian. That is the one MK resort we haven't stayed at yet. And the Disney agent I spoke with said I could always change reservation to the Poly a few months before. Anyone have experience with GF? Good rooms or not so good rooms there? Pool any good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter