Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Just booked a Poly Cabana for one day the last week of August and was assured that the pool would in-fact be open... I questioned them to death and talked to a few different people.

I know it means nothing, but just thought I'd share...

pixiedust:

So many different stories it's making my head spin....I quess I will learn more as time gets closer...
We will be CL mid-august....if main pool is closed, what are people planning...use the GF pool?

We stayed there in the mid 80's when there was major construction going on...don't know if this will be larger or not...
But we were not bothered..

We would be slightly bothered if the pool is closed, and greatly bothered if monorail service is affected....

I know!! :confused3

I wanted to know because if it's going to be closed then I want to rent a cabana at the GF pool. By the time they admit that the pool is going to be closed (assuming it is going to be) it will probably be too late to get a cabana at the GF. :sad2:

Hopefully you will be keeping your Poly cabana because I am praying daily to the Tiki Gods that this project is pushed to September!!!

Please don't push anything back into Sept!!! That's my TIME!!!
Talking Sept.... after reading Tikiman's facebook letter.

IF i am reading everything correctly.

The Nanea pool will be closed BUT the quiet pool will not be disturbed? Do you believe it can possibly turn into a not so quiet pool?

Capt Cooks will be reopened! <-- TONGA TOAST!!!! Nachos... my mouth is watering.

the GCH??? I am still confused on this end..

my question now... We are not staying CL, which longhouse would be best? I am traveling with children under 10. transportation is key, close and easy as all you parents know what tired children will be like for a long walk back "Home"..
Is Tokelau still the best location. We are from Chicago. so outside noise will not disturb us too much. yet i don't see paying the prices to look at construction while on vacation..I can see that from my Chicago home windows! :rotfl2: trying to get away from it! LOL

Any advice at this time would be greatly appreciated.. I know it's a long way out.. Yet it's not!

I'm curious why they're still advertising the Neverland Club while it's closed. I will be staying at the Poly in a week and just got my "Info about your Trip" email. The email is basically an advertisement for a bunch of add-ons (gift baskets, etc.), and at the bottom had this section:

ENCHANTING EXPERIENCES
Out of all the things to see and do, here are two special experiences we picked just for you:

The Never Land Club
At this delightful Children’s Activity Center, kids ages 3 to 12 can enjoy video games, have dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies and interact with other kids while the grown-ups head out to enjoy dinner or a specialty cruise. Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight. Call 407-938-4755 to book! Reservations strongly recommended. Additional fees apply.

The second experience was for a tea party. Seems strange they'd tell me to call and book a place that's closed. :confused3

We're going to be there at the end of April/beginning of May and my three biggest concerns were/are: 1. 'Ohana or Kona being closed 2. Massive construction in and around the Volcano Pool (from the GCH to the beach) 3. Massive construction in the middle of the GCH (for removal of the water feature).

I haven't found the answer to this yet, though it likely is in this thread somewhere....We are the first week of May and I'd like to know if Ohana or Kona will be effected at all as we have ressies at both.

I haven't found the answer to this yet, though it likely is in this thread somewhere....We are the first week of May and I'd like to know if Ohana or Kona will be effected at all as we have ressies at both.

I believe 'Ohana and Kona will be open the first week of May (we have ressies at both as well).

For starters, Captain Cook's will be closed then and it seems unlikely to me that they'd close either 'Ohana or Kona while CC's is closed.

It also seems to me that they are focusing on first refurbing the lower level of the GCH and then later tackling the upper level. In that regard, the lobby water feature is apparently scheduled to be ripped out any day now:(. They are also going to be working on refurbing the check-in desk area. Plus, I haven't heard anything specific about any timing for 'Ohana and Kona closing (if they were closing in May, I'd think Tikiman would have heard something or someone would have at least heard something from CM's in those restaurants).

When I booked the Poly for early May, I knew it was a gamble and that we'd be dealing with some construction. In that regard, I had four hopes:

1. 'Ohana and Kona would be open
2. The Volcano Pool would be open (and the area between the GCH and beach not torn up)
3. The scheduled Monorail maintenance (11:30am-7pm) would be over
4. The water feature would still be in the GCH lobby.

I knew we'd be really lucky to have all four hopes realized. I guess 3 out of 4 isn't too bad.

When I booked the Poly for early May, I knew it was a gamble and that we'd be dealing with some construction. In that regard, I had four hopes:

1. 'Ohana and Kona would be open
2. The Volcano Pool would be open (and the area between the GCH and beach not torn up)
3. The scheduled Monorail maintenance (11:30am-7pm) would be over
4. The water feature would still be in the GCH lobby.

I knew we'd be really lucky to have all four hopes realized. I guess 3 out of 4 isn't too bad.

Not too bad at all! I'm surprising our boys with a quick Poly stay later this month, but our next trip is in January. We'll go with Poly for now - staying CL helps decrease the impact of CC closure. But we're probably booking GF for January, even though our oldest claims that no amount of construction would change his mind about staying at Poly. I'm sure he will be fine. :)

I must admit I have not followed this tread since our trip in oct. So I am sorry if I am a bit behind. We are looking to go again probably nov 14/ Feb/15 and I'm just wondering if their are any rumors of a completion date out there. Also last I heard the pool was being done this summer is that still the plan? TIA

I must admit I have not followed this tread since our trip in oct. So I am sorry if I am a bit behind. We are looking to go again probably nov 14/ Feb/15 and I'm just wondering if their are any rumors of a completion date out there. Also last I heard the pool was being done this summer is that still the plan? TIA

It sounds like you will have no pool for either of those dates.
Captain Cook's should be done already.
Completion date for the DVC is way after your dates.
Nobody is really clear on what else they will do or how much it will effect you.

We will be in the wonderful world at end of august. Would love to try for O'hana but will they be affected? What does the magic eight ball say? Maybe I will just book a ressie and see what happens.....

Just back from a FABULOUS Poly stay. The construction didn't bother us one bit. We were in Samoa facing the Volcano Pool & GCH. The monorail being down daily also didn't affect us at all. Nothing visibly started inside the GCH as of this afternoon. Everything was gorgeous as always.

Just received a letter from Virgin Holidays giving the following information.

Until 30th June 2014 Capt. Cooks quick service restaurant is being refurbished. During this time, it will be temporarily relocatred in the Great Ceremonial House, with modified hours.

Until 31 December 2014, the lobby in the Great Ceremonial House is being refurbished.

Until 27 April 2014, Sunset Point, ?The Never Land Club and a portion of the beach will be unavailable.

Just received a letter from Virgin Holidays giving the following information. Until 30th June 2014 Capt. Cooks quick service restaurant is being refurbished. During this time, it will be temporarily relocatred in the Great Ceremonial House, with modified hours. Until 31 December 2014, the lobby in the Great Ceremonial House is being refurbished. Until 27 April 2014, Sunset Point, ?The Never Land Club and a portion of the beach will be unavailable.
does this mean no dole whips until it is complete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter