Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Not knowing is just very unfortunate when it comes to Disney anymore. They don't ever release any details externally until a shovel hits the ground.

lol true. I guess we will all have to be ready to roll with the punches. Hey what does everyone say" A bad day at Disney is better then a day at work" or something like that. I am sure that if someone checks in and there is something just too much to handle they will try to move you to another resort, thats a pain yes, but what else could you do?

lol true. I guess we will all have to be ready to roll with the punches. Hey what does everyone say" A bad day at Disney is better then a day at work" or something like that. I am sure that if someone checks in and there is something just too much to handle they will try to move you to another resort, thats a pain yes, but what else could you do?

Exactly right. I understand that guests have the desire to stay at specific places because they have the money, but I often don't agree with the entitled feeling those people get. As a former CM, the one thing I always found to be the biggest take away from working there is that a lot of guests only go to Disney once because of the cost. APs and those who can afford to go very often should be thankful of just that.

Now, back on topic. I look forward to the updates coming to Poly. I can't wait to see the new GCH and the bungalows. It almost makes me want to be a DVC member. It now gives me something to look forward to when we visit Florida!

I hope that any of our Disers who are traveling to the world in the comming months will be so kind as to update what, if anything you see during your stay, in terms of construction. Thanks!

I will! :-) our trip is coming up in just a few short weeks!

Ill be there 8-15th in Hawaii LH!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

bluejasmine said:
Ill be there 8-15th in Hawaii LH!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

I'll be there Sept 5th - 9th! We will probably watch Wishes from the Poly beach the night of the 8th since we will see them at MK the night of the 5th.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Check tikimans FB page , it is official now, Disney announcing work around the resort starting September, :(

Has anyone going this sept been offered a resort change since this came out today?

I am going October 19-26, staying garden view. After reading about the upcoming construction on Tikiman's Facebook page, I am wondering if I should call and have my room request for Tokelau taken off my reservation. Opinions? I have not stayed at any Disney resorts during construction, so I am not sure how well construction is handled. Should I request a building away from it?

I'll be there Sept 5th - 9th! We will probably watch Wishes from the Poly beach the night of the 8th since we will see them at MK the night of the 5th.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

We have a dessert party ADR for the 8th... Maybe ill see you in the CL for afternoon appys?

With the news that construction is starting in September, is there any hope it will be done in a year?? I would LOVE to book there for Sept 2014 but won't if there is construction. But choosing another resort is proving difficult :(

I am going October 19-26, staying garden view. After reading about the upcoming construction on Tikiman's Facebook page, I am wondering if I should call and have my room request for Tokelau taken off my reservation. Opinions? I have not stayed at any Disney resorts during construction, so I am not sure how well construction is handled. Should I request a building away from it?

That is my favorite building. We just stayed there last week. I wouldn't change it. I would hope that the walkway isn't blocked to the TTC.

We were there 5 years ago when they were doing upgrades. The first night we were in a building that they were doing work in. Mid day naps were not fun! We requested to be moved and I never heard the construction noise again. I mean they were in the same building as us.

I phone the resort yesterday after hearing about the construction. We will be there from the 8th to the 17th and since this is a big splurge (we've never done a deluxe before, and likely won't again since we now have three kids etc.) we were very concerned. The lady said that the construction is starting but at least next month they're just going to be refurbing some rooms and none of the main areas are going to be affected. They're not going to have guests in the buildings that are being refurbed for now. The pool, lobby, gift shop, beach etc should be open.

Now if we get there and that ISN'T the case... it will be an issue. :sad2: But that's what she told me yesterday!

That is my favorite building. We just stayed there last week. I wouldn't change it. I would hope that the walkway isn't blocked to the TTC.

We were there 5 years ago when they were doing upgrades. The first night we were in a building that they were doing work in. Mid day naps were not fun! We requested to be moved and I never heard the construction noise again. I mean they were in the same building as us.

Thanks for the input. Tokelau is our favorite building as well. I love the location, so easy to walk to the GCH or the TTC. I would be sad not to stay there but at the same time, I don't want to deal with noise too early in the morning. We like sleeping in, especially if we have a MNSSHP the night before.

I will be watching the boards for any updates!

We are also staying at the Polynesian ... October 19-25 ... Garden View ... and have requested Tokelau. :wave2:

Does anyone know who I could email with some questions about the construction, would it just be the contact form available through the website?

We are also staying at the Polynesian ... October 19-25 ... Garden View ... and have requested Tokelau. :wave2:

That's awesome! :wave2: We will both be watching all the updates since Tokelau is listed as one of the buildings they may be working on. Let's cross our fingers nothing disrupts our trips!

I phone the resort yesterday after hearing about the construction. We will be there from the 8th to the 17th and since this is a big splurge (we've never done a deluxe before, and likely won't again since we now have three kids etc.) we were very concerned. The lady said that the construction is starting but at least next month they're just going to be refurbing some rooms and none of the main areas are going to be affected. They're not going to have guests in the buildings that are being refurbed for now. The pool, lobby, gift shop, beach etc should be open.

Now if we get there and that ISN'T the case... it will be an issue. :sad2: But that's what she told me yesterday!

Hope they are being truthful about the situation! We will be in a garden view room the last week of October. We are getting married and planned on having wedding pics taken around the poly & GF. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that not the grounds will still be beautiful! ;)

I hope that any of our Disers who are traveling to the world in the comming months will be so kind as to update what, if anything you see during your stay, in terms of construction. Thanks!

We aren't going soon, but we will be there in December and I will definitely report back on what is going on at that time.

With the news that construction is starting in September, is there any hope it will be done in a year?? I would LOVE to book there for Sept 2014 but won't if there is construction. But choosing another resort is proving difficult :(

If DVC is in fact going to be started, that will be a major project that will take some time and most likely will be in full swing by next September (however, this just is my opinion). My best advice is to book the Poly now and wait to see what happens in the next few months as that might give a better idea of what things might be like next year. Good luck.

Unfortunately, you didn't talk to someone at the resort, but rather a call center. All phone numbers associated with the resorts are directed to a call center that may not even be in Florida. They answer as if they are at that particular resort, but they are not. The room refurbs are supposed to finish up sometime in early October, but Tikiman has reported construction walls are to be going up around September 7th. With that said, the pool, GCH, etc. should be open, but it looks like preparation for the construction is to begin next month.

Sadly even a lot of the CMs AT the Poly don't even know what going on, I've spoken to the manager, Poly IPO and they knew nothing

So with that said... SHOULD we try to change our reservations? I don't even know if we could, at this late date for the length of stay we want. And I definitely wanted to be on a monorail resort because of having an infant... :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter