Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Got an email today confirming all the construction. Ended up calling, complained that we were not told and that Blizzard Beach is very inconvenient for a toddler. Asked about contemporary which was full then offered the Grand Floridian for only 30$ more a day. That seemed like a decent deal to me.
Disappointed since I've never stayed here before but would rather have a no hassle vaca for the price I'm paying.

and another from a few weeks ago, I know things are moving fast so this might not even be the current situation but gives an overall vibe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQaLbW3JGxY

And that's your "gorgeous" TP view for CL guests at Hawaii longhouse.

Sadly, we cancelled our CL TPV for Christmastime 2014 which was basically rack rate and no free dining. We love WDW and the Poly, but we're disappointed with the lack of any compensation for the diminished experience.

And that's your "gorgeous" TP view for CL guests at Hawaii longhouse.

Sadly, we cancelled our CL TPV for Christmastime 2014 which was basically rack rate and no free dining. We love WDW and the Poly, but we're disappointed with the lack of any compensation for the diminished experience.

that view is absolutely ridiculous for those prices!:eek:

So, do they think all of the construction will be done by November 2015? That was our target date and when the 2015 packages open up, I was looking to reserve a week there in anticipation that the construction will be done.

I am sure once the construction is done, the Poly may be more popular than ever, being newly refurbished. At least I will have something already reserved. It might be a risk though if they do not finish by then.

Any word on if they are putting in a hot tub? I know its silly but it's the only thing that keeps us from coming back to the POLY.

Any word on if they are putting in a hot tub? I know its silly but it's the only thing that keeps us from coming back to the POLY.

Yes. An infinity hot tub will be part of the new pool deck area and it will be located where the kids wet play area is now.

Not so fast...there are rumors that the "quiet" pool will also be closing.:(

The East pool will close shortly after the main Nanea pool reopens (late March or early April 2015) to be redesigned and have a permanent bar and grill added.

Tikiman...so exactly *what* will be different about the Volcano pool when it is completed? If this has already been answered, I apologize, just there are so many pages to this thread!

Tikiman...so exactly *what* will be different about the Volcano pool when it is completed? If this has already been answered, I apologize, just there are so many pages to this thread!

They are expanding the pool deck area and adding the hot tub, a kids water playground and more seating. There will be a gate closing off the pool and beach area from the new activity area that will go in outside the back of the GCH. When you walk out of the GCH the area where the stream is located will be removed and an activity area for torch lighting ceremony, hula lessons, movies and camp fire will be located in that newly themed grassy area. This stuff will be accessible to all but beyond that the new pool area, beach and DVC area will be on the other side of a fence that you will need a room key to access the gate. The Barefoot Bar will remain the same with the fence splitting it so that one side is open to the public and the rest is accessible to Polynesian Resort guests. I’m assuming this will be the side of the bar that is towards the dock because the boat dock will be open. They are not going to change the size or shape of the pool and I am told the slide itself will be the same but the volcano structure around it will be reduced in size to be some new rock formation that does not block the view of the outdoor seating of Trader Sam’s. The new kids play area will be up toward where the outdoor seating of Captain Cook’s is because the new pool deck will be expanded in that direction. The marina rental building will move to allow more pool seating around that side of the pool.

Sorry if its been asked about a thousand times, but I get excited about the idea of another trip to Disney (I should think that I am probably not alone either) But I'm planning a trip for the last week of April 2015, what would the chances be that the GCH and Trader Sam's (this in particular lol) will be finished by then.

Ahhh...thank you Tikiman for all of that info. I'm kind of disappointed that the size/shape/slide of the pool will stay the same as we were kind of underwhelmed with it(especially being a Deluxe Resort).

Visually it sounds like the area will be quite different and it will be really exciting to see the end result.

Random question...I am considering the Poly for our birthdays/anniversary at the end of March/April 2015...I am new to this thread but anyone know if the construction would be done by then? I have heard the spring 2015 but no specifics.

My husband and I are staying at WL in November and there are recent rumors about the pool being closed....I feel terrible for all of you with the extent of the refurb!

Also, can anyone comment of the standard view rooms? In light of all the construction changes (I'm assuming the view won't change...), but post-construction, what are the chances of looking at the parking lot? I notice that view category includes a bunch of different views which seems odd.

Thanks!

Random question...I am considering the Poly for our birthdays/anniversary at the end of March/April 2015...I am new to this thread but anyone know if the construction would be done by then? I have heard the spring 2015 but no specifics. My husband and I are staying at WL in November and there are recent rumors about the pool being closed....I feel terrible for all of you with the extent of the refurb! Also, can anyone comment of the standard view rooms? In light of all the construction changes (I'm assuming the view won't change...), but post-construction, what are the chances of looking at the parking lot? I notice that view category includes a bunch of different views which seems odd. Thanks!

I can't say it will always happen, but we have always stayed standard view (8 times) and have never been facing the parking lot. I always put in a request, and we don't always get the floor I requested, but we've always been in the building requested and have faced either the quiet pool or the volcano pool. We don't go in peak season though. I recommend researching and giving several options for your preferred buildings/views.

i dont care much for the aesthetics of the placement for the bungalows. now when walking along the paths or the beach, your nice view of the lake and MK is blocked. How can they sell the current MK view rooms as MK view, it should say pay hundreds extra for a view of our new bungalows.

Random question...I am considering the Poly for our birthdays/anniversary at the end of March/April 2015...I am new to this thread but anyone know if the construction would be done by then? I have heard the spring 2015 but no specifics. My husband and I are staying at WL in November and there are recent rumors about the pool being closed....I feel terrible for all of you with the extent of the refurb! Also, can anyone comment of the standard view rooms? In light of all the construction changes (I'm assuming the view won't change...), but post-construction, what are the chances of looking at the parking lot? I notice that view category includes a bunch of different views which seems odd. Thanks!
we stayed in the Tahiti bldg in May of 2013. Standard view. It faced the parking lot but with all the lush tropical foliage you could barely see it. It was very pretty in the evenings.

I can't say it will always happen, but we have always stayed standard view (8 times) and have never been facing the parking lot. I always put in a request, and we don't always get the floor I requested, but we've always been in the building requested and have faced either the quiet pool or the volcano pool. We don't go in peak season though. I recommend researching and giving several options for your preferred buildings/views.

Wow 8 times is pretty consistent! It's only about $250 difference (with a BB) between our upgraded room at WL and the Poly...however I don't want to be there during the construction.

I actually stayed at the Poly but it was a looooong time ago - 1998? Lol. Thanks I will start looking into buildings...I just hope I can get more info on construction.

Wow 8 times is pretty consistent! It's only about $250 difference (with a BB) between our upgraded room at WL and the Poly...however I don't want to be there during the construction.

I actually stayed at the Poly but it was a looooong time ago - 1998? Lol. Thanks I will start looking into buildings...I just hope I can get more info on construction.

we stayed in the Tahiti bldg in May of 2013. Standard view. It faced the parking lot but with all the lush tropical foliage you could barely see it. It was very pretty in the evenings.

Wow that is good to know! I loved it there as a kid but it's been so many years I can't remember much

Wow 8 times is pretty consistent! It's only about $250 difference (with a BB) between our upgraded room at WL and the Poly...however I don't want to be there during the construction. I actually stayed at the Poly but it was a looooong time ago - 1998? Lol. Thanks I will start looking into buildings...I just hope I can get more info on construction.

I'm not sure what your priorities are, but when our kids were smaller, we requested Rarotonga 3rd floor facing the quiet pool. It was close to the GCH and we could see some of the fireworks from the MK over the building in front of us. Plus, 3rd floor has a real balcony. As they got older, we requested Samoa facing the volcano pool ground floor. We only got that once, but got ground floor facing the quiet pool. Either way, it was a nice view. Tikiman has great info on his website telling you which buildings to ask for depending on what you're looking for.

Like you said, everything is different during the construction. We bailed and went to BLT since the volcano pool is closed in September this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter